The official weather thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hostile
    lollygagger
    • Dec 2009
    • 5736

    #361
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, I read some reviews like that too.

    Part of the issue is that April/May seems like the rainy season down there. And my kids were expecting and planning on Maui. I would have had to convince them that Costa Rica is a better option. Didn't see how I could make that case under the circumstances. Maybe someday.
    We went in April and only had one day that rained. We were expecting more. My kids had done Maui before and were a bit hesitant but really had a great time.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69687

      #362
      Originally posted by hostile View Post
      We went in April and only had one day that rained. We were expecting more. My kids had done Maui before and were a bit hesitant but really had a great time.
      First week of May. Start of rainy season.

      My son was on his mish last time we went to Maui so he wants a revenge trip. He will love it. We also got a great deal on a beach condo.

      Will definitely consider CR for a future trip.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #363
        With today's high of 39 degrees, so far researchers have discovered 3 wooly mammoths, one giant sloth, 5 saber-toothed tigers and the location of my driveway.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25266

          #364
          F*** Utah and that snowy garbage they call "Spring". I had to drive from Logan to Las Vegas yesterday after a baby blessing. It started snowing during sacrament meeting, and by the time we were on the road a couple hours later, the roads were completely covered. Sardine Canyon was a mess, and I-15 wasn't much better. And the godforsaken middle part of the state was just a nightmare--we probably averaged 40 mph from Santaquin to just north of Cedar. What was supposed to be a 7.5 hour drive turned into an 11-hour drive.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • RC Vikings
            Known Heterosexual
            • Nov 2008
            • 8789

            #365
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            And the godforsaken middle part of the state was just a nightmare--we probably averaged 40 mph from Santaquin to just north of Cedar. What was supposed to be a 7.5 hour drive turned into an 11-hour drive.
            The middle of Utah truly is terrible. When I pass through Beaver I wonder where it got it's name because I can't see any habitat for a beaver so I just figured they call it Beaver because it's a hole.

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #366
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              F*** Utah and that snowy garbage they call "Spring". I had to drive from Logan to Las Vegas yesterday after a baby blessing. It started snowing during sacrament meeting, and by the time we were on the road a couple hours later, the roads were completely covered. Sardine Canyon was a mess, and I-15 wasn't much better. And the godforsaken middle part of the state was just a nightmare--we probably averaged 40 mph from Santaquin to just north of Cedar. What was supposed to be a 7.5 hour drive turned into an 11-hour drive.

              I think the weather in Utah is God's way of keeping all the riff raff out.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69687

                #367
                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                F*** Utah and that snowy garbage they call "Spring". I had to drive from Logan to Las Vegas yesterday after a baby blessing. It started snowing during sacrament meeting, and by the time we were on the road a couple hours later, the roads were completely covered. Sardine Canyon was a mess, and I-15 wasn't much better. And the godforsaken middle part of the state was just a nightmare--we probably averaged 40 mph from Santaquin to just north of Cedar. What was supposed to be a 7.5 hour drive turned into an 11-hour drive.
                We have been praying for moisture. This is a blessing.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • hostile
                  lollygagger
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5736

                  #368
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  We have been praying for moisture. This is a blessing.


                  Plus, spring skiing is awesome.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                  "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #369
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    We have been praying for moisture. This is a blessing.
                    Why the fog have you been doing that?
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • Dwight Schr-ute
                      Members Only
                      • May 2011
                      • 4917

                      #370
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      We have been praying for moisture. This is a blessing.
                      Donut needs a refresher on where his drinking water comes from. Well, at least his toilet water, Mr. Too Good.
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69687

                        #371
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        Why the fog have you been doing that?
                        Because moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #372
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Because moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.
                          lol
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Joe Public
                            8.1 YPC
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 8524

                            #373
                            It was 93 degrees at lunchtime today in downtown L.A. Yeesh.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #374
                              Sounds like we might have a little rain on Thursday...



                              Thanks for the heads up, Frank.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • Flystripper
                                Degenerate Gambler
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 14089

                                #375
                                Dallas is lucky to have this guy's focus. What a service he provides all the way from Nova Scotia!
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                                Comment

                                Working...