Worst date you've ever been on

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #46
    Originally posted by statman View Post
    Thing went okay - although the guy from Dallas was kind of a prick. We were at the old "Pie Pizzeria" right across form Helaman Halls.
    Oops...

    MMMM, pizza light. It was a crime when that place shut down.

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #47
      Originally posted by statman View Post
      Only one really memorable one -

      Freshman at BYU, double dated with a cute girl from my ward who was from Dallas - loved the accent. The other couple was a girl who I knew from my home stake and a guy who was also from Dallas - for the record, his accent did nothing for me.

      Thing went okay - although the guy from Dallas was kind of a prick. We were at the old "Pie Pizzeria" right across form Helaman Halls. Dallas guy went to the bathroom, and I asked the girl from my stake where she found this loser. At which point, my date dumps an entire pitcher of soda in my lap. The "loser" was her twin brother.

      Oops...
      Sure that was a faux pas, but what the hell is your date doing on a double date with her twin brother??
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • chrisrenrut
        Strikes and Gutters
        • Jul 2009
        • 2299

        #48
        Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        Don't have much time but mine involves the following:

        1. Alta
        2. Easter Weekend
        3. Icy Slopes
        4. Tree
        5. Toboggan
        6. Ambulance

        Wait, is this the one where the girl freezes her bum to the bumper on the way down the canyon, and you had to pee on her to set her free?

        Comment

        • FMCoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 6825

          #49
          Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
          Wait, is this the one where the girl freezes her bum to the bumper on the way down the canyon, and you had to pee on her to set her free?
          Sadly that was not me. But I remember someone telling that story.
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

          Comment

          • SuperGabers
            aka... UtahDan's Wifey
            • May 2009
            • 2182

            #50
            Mine:

            1. Geeky boy CALLS girl to go to Junior Prom - (How about a little creativity?)
            2. Girl reluctantly accepts because she is too nice.
            3. Prom night comes. First with dinner at someone's house.
            4. Cornish Game Hens for dinner, WTF??? - All I could think about was the little chicken that used to be running around the barnyard before it ended up on my plate. Also, not cool serving something you'd have to pick apart with your fingers whilst wearing an expensive dress.
            5. Girl wants to go home.
            6. Go to Prom where girl's date walks off to socialize with friends, leaving girl behind. Girl continually ignored throughout the night.
            7. When they do dance, boy is NOT a good dancer and girl's feet become the victims of his clumsiness.
            8. Girl REALLY wants to go home.
            9. Boy and girl finally leave prom.
            10. Girl happy to be home, and cries because her ego was crushed by being asked out by such a geek.

            Comment

            • Drunk Tank
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 2569

              #51
              I was out of high school, going to my first year of college, well, I was singing in the college choirs and pretending to take classes. There was a girl named Heather whom I had been friends with since grade school. She had recently joined the church and we would hang out at Institute sometimes. At this time in my life, I had basically decided I was not going to church anymore and was definitely not going on a mission. I was more interested in drinking and hanging with my new college friends.

              Well, her and I started talking more and more so I finally asked her out. We were going to go to the movies (nice dark place....) but she suggested that we go to one of her friends house as they were having a movie party. I was all for it since most of the movie parties I had been too all involved lots of drinking and dubious other activities.

              The day of the date finally arrives and we proceed to her friends house. We walk inside and what do I find? A freaking Young Single Adult get together. I had been set up. I was pissed. Apparently, she had been asked by her YSA leader to take me on as a project to get me back active. We never did go on a real date....

              I actually saw her for the first time in 14 years this last year and I reminded her of this. We got a good laugh out of it but I am still angry about it.
              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #52
                Interesting. I've never had a "worst" date.

                This probably doesn't surprise any of you.
                Last edited by myboynoah; 01-06-2010, 09:24 PM.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • Fiyero
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5266

                  #53
                  Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                  Cornish Game Hens for dinner, WTF??? ...not cool serving something you'd have to pick apart with your fingers whilst wearing an expensive dress.
                  I'd wager that the host intentionally planned that out. I've known parents and types who find genuine humor in serving messy meals like spaghetti to kids in prom dresses and other get-ups.

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37987

                    #54
                    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    A year late... but I have a funny story.

                    After my mission, I lived in the "old" Pine View apartments, even though my family lived in Orem. My folks had a family membership to The European Health Spa, and I'd often take advantage of the sauna/steam/spa after a hard day of skiing. I was a bit of a regular, between going with my Dad, and on my own.

                    One early evening, after skiing, I was sitting in the steam room, and this guy walked in. He was a bit of a regular, as I recognized him, and we started talking. He seemed like a funny guy. We talked golf, and he asked if if I liked horses. I said yeah. He said his family had some horses, and if I wanted to ride up Rock Canyon we could do it Thursday. I was free Thursday, and it sounded fun, as I hadn't been up the canyon since a scout hike, so I said sure.

                    I met him at the mouth of the canyon, and we rode up to the back of Y mountain. We got there, and he pulled out a blanket and some sandwiches, and some soda, and we ate, and chatted. He said it was so hard to find special friends, that he was about to give up. He talked in all the half innuendos that could be taken gay/straight. At this point I was totally getting the message, that I was the object of his desire. I told him that there had been a miscommunication, and that I needed to get back. Down the canyon, I just left the horse for him to take care of, and got the hell outta there.
                    The worst part of all this is that it started in the STEAM ROOM. So not only did he get a sneak peak at your conversational skills, he got a sneak peek of the rest of you as well.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Slim
                      Straight Out the Trailer
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 1007

                      #55
                      Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                      Mine:

                      1. Geeky boy CALLS girl to go to Junior Prom - (How about a little creativity?)
                      This makes me wonder what was like where other people grew up. Where I went to high school in CA it was typical to just call someone up to ask them to a dance. The only people who asked in "creative" ways were the (relatively) few LDS kids at my school.

                      I thought that this was just a Utah/Mormon thing, but for some reason I am under the impression that you are a convert (I may be way off here). So now I'm curious.
                      Last edited by Slim; 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #56
                        Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                        Mine:

                        1. Geeky boy CALLS girl to go to Junior Prom - (How about a little creativity?)
                        2. Girl reluctantly accepts because she is too nice.
                        3. Prom night comes. First with dinner at someone's house.
                        4. Cornish Game Hens for dinner, WTF??? - All I could think about was the little chicken that used to be running around the barnyard before it ended up on my plate. Also, not cool serving something you'd have to pick apart with your fingers whilst wearing an expensive dress.
                        5. Girl wants to go home.
                        6. Go to Prom where girl's date walks off to socialize with friends, leaving girl behind. Girl continually ignored throughout the night.
                        7. When they do dance, boy is NOT a good dancer and girl's feet become the victims of his clumsiness.
                        8. Girl REALLY wants to go home.
                        9. Boy and girl finally leave prom.
                        10. Girl happy to be home, and cries because her ego was crushed by being asked out by such a geek.
                        I always wondered how you and UD met.

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #57
                          Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                          Mine:

                          1. Geeky boy CALLS girl to go to Junior Prom
                          When I was a sophomore I had an older friend call me and he literally said, "Hey, Lisa, I've asked six girls and they all turned me down, so how about you come to prom with me?"

                          Comment

                          • clackamascoug
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9709

                            #58
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            The worst part of all this is that it started in the STEAM ROOM. So not only did he get a sneak peak at your conversational skills, he got a sneak peek of the rest of you as well.
                            I was naive to the whole bathhouse meeting place scene. I guess the good news is that I passed the first test.

                            Comment

                            • FMCoug
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6825

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Slim View Post
                              This makes me wonder what was like where other people grew up. Where I went to high school in CA it was typical to just call someone up to ask them to a dance. The only people who asked in "creative" ways were the (relatively) few LDS kids at my school.

                              I was under the impression that this was just a Utah/Mormon thing, but for some reason I am under the impression that you are a convert (I may be way off here). So now I'm curious.
                              Seconded. I'm another Cali kid who was blown away by the weird dating creativity stuff when I got to Ricks. I have always though it was a Utah thing too ...
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37987

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                                I always wondered how you and UD met.
                                Wrong! it was at the 'Tute!

                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...