The official ChatGPT thread - the next big thing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #391
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post

    What does it do?
    Claude Design lets you collaborate with Claude to create polished visual work like designs, prototypes, slides, and one-pagers.

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #392
      lol. Whoops.

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18031

        #393
        Just like with humans, chatGPT can falsely admit to a 'crime' if you press it hard enough:

        A renowned criminologist’s experiment with ChatGPT demonstrates the destructive power of police to elicit false confessions.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69733

          #394
          I love AI, but there is a lot of truth to this:



          Also true:

          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #395
            Interesting approach to building Claude skills.

            Comment

            • Copelius
              Maker of eyeballs
              • Dec 2012
              • 4066

              #396
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Interesting approach to building Claude skills.

              Now I just have to figure out what skill will help me. I am pretty lost in this arena.
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12371

                #397
                Originally posted by Copelius View Post

                Now I just have to figure out what skill will help me. I am pretty lost in this arena.
                I think at that point you are supposed to ask the AI what skill can help you.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69733

                  #398
                  Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Interesting approach to building Claude skills.

                  That is interesting but I don't get the point. You can do the exact same thing with Claude.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #399
                    ChatGPT's new image model is pretty impressive.

                    byu_bib.png

                    Comment

                    • Bo Diddley
                      Senior
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 18806

                      #400

                      Comment

                      • YOhio
                        Hipster Mode
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26165

                        #401
                        Good news for Claude users.

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27893

                          #402
                          It's going to be interesting to see how much AI replaces and when. I'm looking into getting an AI tool to handle some transactional stuff at work. We have about 10,000 transactions per month that are performed by 20 or so people. The total cost of these workers is about $500k per year (it's offshored but not to India). So we are doing about 120,000 transactions per year for half a million dollars. We got our first quote from our ERP provider for an AI tool to do this work and they quoted us at $200k per year for 10k total transactions. I don't think we can extrapolate that in a linear fashion and we are having them go back and reprice it since they obviously misunderstood the assignment, but if you do a linear extrapolation it would be $2.4 million to do 120k transactions per year. We already have PowerAutomate going on a number of things and we may just fine tune it a bit with some internal AI tools and keep half the staff around, but the quote we got back was pretty shocking to do AI stuff at scale.

                          At what point are tokens more costly than an army of workers in an offshore facility?
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69733

                            #403
                            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            It's going to be interesting to see how much AI replaces and when. I'm looking into getting an AI tool to handle some transactional stuff at work. We have about 10,000 transactions per month that are performed by 20 or so people. The total cost of these workers is about $500k per year (it's offshored but not to India). So we are doing about 120,000 transactions per year for half a million dollars. We got our first quote from our ERP provider for an AI tool to do this work and they quoted us at $200k per year for 10k total transactions. I don't think we can extrapolate that in a linear fashion and we are having them go back and reprice it since they obviously misunderstood the assignment, but if you do a linear extrapolation it would be $2.4 million to do 120k transactions per year. We already have PowerAutomate going on a number of things and we may just fine tune it a bit with some internal AI tools and keep half the staff around, but the quote we got back was pretty shocking to do AI stuff at scale.

                            At what point are tokens more costly than an army of workers in an offshore facility?
                            Yeah you need to get more bids.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Shaka
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 10450

                              #404
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              It's going to be interesting to see how much AI replaces and when. I'm looking into getting an AI tool to handle some transactional stuff at work. We have about 10,000 transactions per month that are performed by 20 or so people. The total cost of these workers is about $500k per year (it's offshored but not to India). So we are doing about 120,000 transactions per year for half a million dollars. We got our first quote from our ERP provider for an AI tool to do this work and they quoted us at $200k per year for 10k total transactions. I don't think we can extrapolate that in a linear fashion and we are having them go back and reprice it since they obviously misunderstood the assignment, but if you do a linear extrapolation it would be $2.4 million to do 120k transactions per year. We already have PowerAutomate going on a number of things and we may just fine tune it a bit with some internal AI tools and keep half the staff around, but the quote we got back was pretty shocking to do AI stuff at scale.

                              At what point are tokens more costly than an army of workers in an offshore facility?
                              I'd wager my employer could do this job for a reasonable fee.

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37996

                                #405
                                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                ChatGPT's new image model is pretty impressive.

                                byu_bib.png
                                Chat wants to bring back the Bib??!!
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...