The official ChatGPT thread - the next big thing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69735

    #331
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    It is amazing the stuff you can unlock when you really start digging more and more into that capabilities of AI. Claude with skills is a game changer. I'm starting to build out skills within it to automate more tasks. I'm actually starting to abandon the javascript code stuff that I was building in favor of this.

    I've got the early start of a system where I load up the Complaint, Answer and Counter-claim, and Answer to Counter. I have a skill that then relies on several samples of discovery requests in a knowledge base that then pulls the disputed issues from the complaint and creates an initial set of discovery requests for the case. From there, I can then refine what it is proposing before it creates a final set of discovery requests. I'm getting a pretty clean word document from this that is then go through and make a few stylistic edits and substantive edits.

    I think when it is fully built out, I can produce a set of discovery within less than 30 minutes time.

    My next build out is going to be dropping in an informal transcript from a hearing and then using it to build out a proposed order. Rev.com does a pretty good job with creating an informal AI transcript. Not perfect, but it is still pretty decent.

    This video really helped in learning more about reverse engineering a document and then using that to built out skills. Again, I'm in the early stages of this. Excited to see what more can be done.




    Just watched the whole video.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12371

      #332
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post



      Just watched the whole video.
      me too, that was amazing.

      Comment

      • Pelado
        Bald not naked
        • Sep 2010
        • 21148

        #333
        Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        It is amazing the stuff you can unlock when you really start digging more and more into that capabilities of AI. Claude with skills is a game changer. I'm starting to build out skills within it to automate more tasks. I'm actually starting to abandon the javascript code stuff that I was building in favor of this.

        I've got the early start of a system where I load up the Complaint, Answer and Counter-claim, and Answer to Counter. I have a skill that then relies on several samples of discovery requests in a knowledge base that then pulls the disputed issues from the complaint and creates an initial set of discovery requests for the case. From there, I can then refine what it is proposing before it creates a final set of discovery requests. I'm getting a pretty clean word document from this that is then go through and make a few stylistic edits and substantive edits.

        I think when it is fully built out, I can produce a set of discovery within less than 30 minutes time.

        My next build out is going to be dropping in an informal transcript from a hearing and then using it to build out a proposed order. Rev.com does a pretty good job with creating an informal AI transcript. Not perfect, but it is still pretty decent.

        This video really helped in learning more about reverse engineering a document and then using that to built out skills. Again, I'm in the early stages of this. Excited to see what more can be done.


        How long would it typically take to do that without using AI tools?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

        Comment

        • MartyFunkhouser
          Disciple of RNGesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 18759

          #334
          Originally posted by Pelado View Post

          How long would it typically take to do that without using AI tools?
          It would take me at least an hour or more. I'm being conservative with 30 minutes with the AI tools. I just ran it for another case and proposed a good set of discovery materials for the case in under 15 minutes of active work. It did take the skill about 10 minutes to produce the document. However, I was able to move on to other projects while it was running.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #335
            Funk did you see that Anthropic provided $50 in bonus credits? To receive the bonus you need to claim in the usage panel.

            Comment

            • MartyFunkhouser
              Disciple of RNGesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 18759

              #336
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Funk did you see that Anthropic provided $50 in bonus credits? To receive the bonus you need to claim in the usage panel.
              I just claimed it. Thanks for the heads up.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69735

                #337
                I have a process that I have been developing in the last couple of days for Claude Cowork. The results have been mind-blowingly good - causing quite a stir in my office. I had a *.txt file with a long prompt that I would pass to Claude Cowork, describing the job I want done, how the files are organized on disk, etc. After watching funk's video, I spent the rest of the day converting it a skill.md file (I used Claude to help me write it). I have tested it and updated it, but now I can point Claude to a folder and give a short one sentence command and it executes the process using the new skill. And I can easily share the skill file with colleagues. (chef's kiss)

                Thank you, funk!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #338
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I have a process that I have been developing in the last couple of days for Claude Cowork. The results have been mind-blowingly good - causing quite a stir in my office. I had a *.txt file with a long prompt that I would pass to Claude Cowork, describing the job I want done, how the files are organized on disk, etc. After watching funk's video, I spent the rest of the day converting it a skill.md file (I used Claude to help me write it). I have tested it and updated it, but now I can point Claude to a folder and give a short one sentence command and it executes the process using the new skill. And I can easily share the skill file with colleagues. (chef's kiss)

                  Thank you, funk!
                  That's so cool.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #339
                    One of my favorite AI use cases is the Canvas/Artifact feature to build little mini-apps. Yesterday I used Gemini to build out some different visualization systems for gedcom (geneology) files. The visualizations were fine, but the coolest part is that you can click on an ancestor and it would perform background research on the time/place they lived and give you a 2-3 paragraph glimpse into their life. It took about 20 minutes and 3 iterations.

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18759

                      #340
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I have a process that I have been developing in the last couple of days for Claude Cowork. The results have been mind-blowingly good - causing quite a stir in my office. I had a *.txt file with a long prompt that I would pass to Claude Cowork, describing the job I want done, how the files are organized on disk, etc. After watching funk's video, I spent the rest of the day converting it a skill.md file (I used Claude to help me write it). I have tested it and updated it, but now I can point Claude to a folder and give a short one sentence command and it executes the process using the new skill. And I can easily share the skill file with colleagues. (chef's kiss)

                      Thank you, funk!
                      Thank my wife. She is the one that showed me it.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • MartyFunkhouser
                        Disciple of RNGesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18759

                        #341
                        So, the thing that I'm now seeing a real need to build is an automated task for review of documents. I think this can be accomplished through Cowork and skills, but I'm going to have to dig into it more.

                        What I want is essentially an automated process where it goes through a set of files in a folder. Basically, review a file that is in there, pull some analysis from it, import that into a word doc/spreadsheet, whatever is best, then basically pull that document/spreadsheet into a new thread, analyze the second piece of data, and then update the output doc. I've been having to do this manually with Claude right now.

                        I wanted to review billing statements to categorize the information into different categories for an attorney fees declaration. It could not handle the full billing. So, I manually had it review one bill, update a spreadsheet, and then from there I would start a new thread that would attach the spreadsheet, a new bill, and the same prompt. It built out the entire spreadsheet, and then I was able to use that for the analysis that I originally wanted done.

                        I know that this could all be automated, but I don't quite have the time or knowledge base to do it yet. However, I do think that this is the next place where I could really get some productivity gains when it is built. I already have productivity gains by having the initial review done through Claude, but I'm sure it can be supercharged.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18806

                          #342
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          One of my favorite AI use cases is the Canvas/Artifact feature to build little mini-apps. Yesterday I used Gemini to build out some different visualization systems for gedcom (geneology) files. The visualizations were fine, but the coolest part is that you can click on an ancestor and it would perform background research on the time/place they lived and give you a 2-3 paragraph glimpse into their life. It took about 20 minutes and 3 iterations.
                          Very cool.

                          Comment

                          • BigPiney
                            Huge Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12371

                            #343
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            One of my favorite AI use cases is the Canvas/Artifact feature to build little mini-apps. Yesterday I used Gemini to build out some different visualization systems for gedcom (geneology) files. The visualizations were fine, but the coolest part is that you can click on an ancestor and it would perform background research on the time/place they lived and give you a 2-3 paragraph glimpse into their life. It took about 20 minutes and 3 iterations.
                            That is great.

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37996

                              #344
                              Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              Claude's usage limits is very annoying.
                              I bumped into these today. I have never run into a usage limit with Chat, but I hit one with Claude. The $5 extra work purchases don't go very far. I ended up upgrading to the $100 plan (over the $20 plan), but I sure wish there were an intermediate option. Claude has been very helpful this past month or so since I subscribed, but your money doesn't go as far.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37996

                                #345
                                Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                                It would take me at least an hour or more. I'm being conservative with 30 minutes with the AI tools. I just ran it for another case and proposed a good set of discovery materials for the case in under 15 minutes of active work. It did take the skill about 10 minutes to produce the document. However, I was able to move on to other projects while it was running.
                                An hour to create custom discovery is still VERY conservative.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...