I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #46
    Originally posted by All-American View Post
    So that's a yes, then?
    It wasn't my thought, it was yours.

    This would make a lot of sense, actually. I'm starting to better understand your penchant for shrill defense of your fathers' faith. Have you seen Angels in America? Mormon aristocracy seems to have its share of tormented young gays. You're still single, right? No longer dating it seems.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15680

      #47
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      It wasn't my thought, it was yours.

      This would make a lot of sense, actually. I'm starting to better understand your penchant for shrill defense of your fathers' faith. Have you seen Angels in America? Mormon aristocracy seems to have its share of tormented young gays. You're still single, right? No longer dating it seems.
      I ain't the one trying to bump waters, friend.

      Rest assured, yours truly is straight as an arrow.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • BoylenOver
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 9146

        #48
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Only someone conflicted about their own sexual preference would have such a thought.
        I had that thought as well.

        I'd love to talk about it with you over dinner sometime. Maybe a glass of wine...
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

        Comment

        • All-American
          Right, as Usual
          • Nov 2008
          • 15680

          #49
          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          I had that thought as well.

          I'd love to talk about it with you over dinner sometime. Maybe a glass of wine...
          Sounds like his heart belongs to another man.

          I'm surprised I didn't see it before, to be honest. I thought he was just trying to maintain his image, since it's pretty obvious he's nothing without waters. Turns out that his need for mike is much more elemental than we had supposed.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #50
            The intellect level on this board is astounding. Perhaps it is my attention span or maybe I have to face facts that my 132 I.Q. just isn't powerful enough to keep up.

            Let me test myself. The gist of this thread is that Mike W. got ripped off and the church is at fault because they supported prop. 8? Am I close?

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69751

              #51
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Let me test myself. The gist of this thread is that Mike W. got ripped off and the church is at fault because they supported prop. 8? Am I close?
              Most of the posts in this thread are from last November. I had forgotten how SU tried to blame the CG meltdown on the LDS church's support of Prop 8. Funny stuff.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • RobinFinderson
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 10548

                #52
                Gay baiting SU? Seriously? Come on man, you are making apostates look bad.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #53
                  Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                  Gay baiting SU? Seriously? Come on man, you are making apostates look bad.
                  Somebody is gay baiting me? I must have missed that.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #54
                    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    my 132 I.Q.
                    lol!
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #55
                      Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                      Gay baiting SU? Seriously? Come on man, you are making apostates look bad.
                      Seriously, it's only a bait if they're gay. I was being respectful to gays. And what's so bad about trying to nudge an LDS one out of the closet?
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15680

                        #56
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Seriously, it's only a bait if they're gay. I was being respectful to gays. And what's so bad about trying to nudge an LDS one out of the closet?
                        If you're hoping to get a bite on that line, troll different Waters.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • tooblue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5138

                          #57
                          Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          If you're hoping to get a bite on that line, troll different Waters.
                          No pun intended.

                          Comment

                          • UtahDan
                            *
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14496

                            #58
                            How have we made it without Waters all these months? I'm glad this got bumped.

                            SU is still carrying a torch for Waters I see. In truth, I don't think SU misses Waters as much as the turmoil he inspired in others. It is the same reason he misses Tex.

                            I was wrong about at least one thing here though, I said I anticipated I would still post on CG and I'm not sure when the last time I did that was. Around Christmas I think. I think we have a pretty nice thing going here that we all share the credit for, even (maybe especially) the masterbumper.

                            Comment

                            • RobinFinderson
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10548

                              #59
                              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              SU, a community should be democratic, don't you think?

                              Mike wants to do something interesting and creative with CG. He doesn't think his new vision could work in a democratic climate. Can you fault people for wanting to hold onto the old while Mike retools the shop?
                              SU, how come you never replied to this comment?

                              I am totally on board with you SU, in that I appreciate Mike's interesting POV. He has a bright mind, a unique perspective, a sharp wit, and an amusing voice. But he isn't kind, patient, charitable, or democratic. He essentially considered himself the author of CG, calling himself a 'benevolent dictator.' Remember that photo he posted? The one where he wrote 'Fin' at the bottom of a script titled Cougar Guard, by Mike Waters?

                              A community should be run democratically. The only thing standing between Mike coming here and joining the people who genuinely love and care about him and his family is his own ego. His ego says to him that if he isn't pulling the strings, he doesn't want to play. Mike is the equivalent of the kid at the pickup basketball game who won't share his ball unless he gets to pick the teams. He might try to be fair, and pick equally matched teams, but unless he gets that privilege, he is going to take his ball home with him.

                              Comment

                              • SeattleUte
                                Faith crisis consultant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 20837

                                #60
                                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                                SU, how come you never replied to this comment?

                                I am totally on board with you SU, in that I appreciate Mike's interesting POV. He has a bright mind, a unique perspective, a sharp wit, and an amusing voice. But he isn't kind, patient, charitable, or democratic. He essentially considered himself the author of CG, calling himself a 'benevolent dictator.' Remember that photo he posted? The one where he wrote 'Fin' at the bottom of a script titled Cougar Guard, by Mike Waters?

                                A community should be run democratically. The only thing standing between Mike coming here and joining the people who genuinely love and care about him and his family is his own ego. His ego says to him that if he isn't pulling the strings, he doesn't want to play. Mike is the equivalent of the kid at the pickup basketball game who won't share his ball unless he gets to pick the teams. He might try to be fair, and pick equally matched teams, but unless he gets that privilege, he is going to take his ball home with him.
                                It's not true that every community should be run democratically. What about a religion? A business?
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                                --Jonathan Swift

                                Comment

                                Working...