I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #196
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    lol.
    My way is better. The irony is better highlighted.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #197
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      My way is better. The irony is better highlighted.
      I've gotta agree.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69751

        #198
        SU, thanks for bumping this thread. Some great stuff here. I couldn't help but notice this funny little exchange where SU links the creation of CUF/dissolution of CG to prop 8:

        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        You have goaded me into disclosing my theory. I blame Proposition 8, which means the root cause is you know what. I'm glad the LDS Church is such a love inspiring, unifying element in people's lives.
        I am completely floored that you would believe the Church was at fault here. I know what a difficult realization that must have been for you.

        This could be a neat parlor game. Link any bad thing back to the LDS Church. For example, "How was the LDS Church to blame for the Dreyfull affair?" I'm sure you could come up with something.
        That's an excellent idea. Kind of an SU version of the Kevin Bacon game.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #199
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          SU, thanks for bumping this thread. Some great stuff here. I couldn't help but notice this funny little exchange where SU links the creation of CUF/dissolution of CG to prop 8:



          That's an excellent idea. Kind of an SU version of the Kevin Bacon game.
          The funniest comment in response to that was by 3D, but you had to have a lot of context.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #200
            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            I've gotta agree.
            Some people think every line Shakespear ever wrote was written in the best possible way. Not so.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #201
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 38003

                #202
                I don't understand how your mind works.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #203
                  Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Congratulations CUF. Seriously. Well done.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #204
                    BUMP!

                    Comment

                    Working...