I hate Cougarboard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cowboy
    Homer Weems
    • Dec 2008
    • 5740

    #31
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Apparently I am a King of some sorts! As my first executive order, I invoke the doctrine of droit de seigneur. Nobody is safe from my reach.
    I have always suspected that, deep down, you were envious of snipe. Suspicion confirmed.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

    Comment

    • byu71
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22070

      #32
      Originally posted by Viking
      I left the Church shortly after that and couldn't give two shits about Bronco or BYU.
      The church might miss you, but I think that is way to personal for me to comment on.

      On your not giving two shits about Bronco. I don't even give one shit whether you give two shits or not.

      Also, I care so much about your $10,000 against Prop. 8 that I initially thought you were giving it to the "yes" prop. 8 folks. I thought we were commrades in the fight. I gave $100,000 to the yes folks.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #33
        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        The church might miss you, but I think that is way to personal for me to comment on.

        On your not giving two shits about Bronco. I don't even give one shit whether you give two shits or not.

        Also, I care so much about your $10,000 against Prop. 8 that I initially thought you were giving it to the "yes" prop. 8 folks. I thought we were commrades in the fight. I gave $100,000 to the yes folks.
        I gave $500,000, but who among the really faithful didn't?
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #34
          Originally posted by Viking
          We gave $10k to "No on 8"
          Sweet! BTW, I have some really good investment opportunities to tell you about, that all go along with your 'No on 8' can-do spirit.

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #35
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            I gave $500,000, but who among the really faithful didn't?

            I am not part of the "really faithful" and that is why I only gave $100,000. I gave it through the church because they seemed more effective than the Catholics or Evangelicals.

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #36
              Originally posted by Viking
              I'm actually less of a dickhead, more of an asshole.
              I'll agree with that.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #37
                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                I am not part of the "really faithful" and that is why I only gave $100,000. I gave it through the church because they seemed more effective than the Catholics or Evangelicals.
                Did you really donate $100K...or did you and Alpine combine your 50K donations so that you could tell everyone you donated $100K?
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #38
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Did you really donate $100K...or did you and Alpine combine your 50K donations so that you could tell everyone you donated $100K?

                  LOL, you are on to me.

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Viking
                    I might want to throw half a shit at your front door for giving so much.

                    I have a friend who blew his brains out on the doorstep of a chapel in California over his sexuality and the resulting exclusion from the Church. I will be back once the Church softens its stance.
                    You speak very respectfully of your deceased friend.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #40
                      40% of your posts have vulgarity in them, and your first one talks about Bernard's gay lover but then you swing into defending homosexuals, sort of; I mean I can't really get a read on you; come on, lad, open up a little and let us know why you're as awesome as you think you are. Your brother's decent folk, you can't be a total jerk like you want us to believe........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .....if you say shit in your next post, you lose a testicle.
                      Last edited by wuapinmon; 06-29-2009, 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling...the horror
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Viking
                        I might want to throw half a shit at your front door for giving so much.

                        I have a friend who blew his brains out on the doorstep of a chapel in California over his sexuality and the resulting exclusion from the Church. I will be back once the Church softens its stance.

                        I seriously feel bad for that. I wish he could have gotten some help. I have a relative who committed suicide. I wish he had gotten help for his problem.

                        I hope you don't take this wrong, but for me I would think the church is to absolute about being the only true church for me to decide to stay or go based on stands they take. I would feel more comfortable in say a unitarian church where a lot of beliefs are acceptable.

                        Again, I feel for your loss.

                        Comment

                        • doctorcoug
                          To Win is to Honor Him
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 2273

                          #42
                          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          you lose a testicle.
                          He's already a one nut, sorry.
                          "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                          "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                          Comment

                          • RobinFinderson
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10548

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Viking
                            I might want to throw half a shit at your front door for giving so much.

                            I have a friend who blew his brains out on the doorstep of a chapel in California over his sexuality and the resulting exclusion from the Church. I will be back once the Church softens its stance.
                            This person is the brother of a friend. Did you leave the church because of his experience? The biggest factor in my deciding to walk out the door was the church's treatment of gay people, both in and out of the church. Have you resigned your membership? If not, when/if you do, please let SLC know that its treatment of gay people is costing it the membership of people who might otherwise be willing to remain associated with the faith of their ancestors (assuming your pioneer stock).

                            Comment

                            • cougjunkie
                              *Banned*
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 23223

                              #44
                              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              This person is the brother of a friend. Did you leave the church because of his experience? The biggest factor in my deciding to walk out the door was the church's treatment of gay people, both in and out of the church. Have you resigned your membership? If not, when/if you do, please let SLC know that its treatment of gay people is costing it the membership of people who might otherwise be willing to remain associated with the faith of their ancestors (assuming your pioneer stock).
                              Interesting that the churchs stance on Gays makes the Book of Mormon and the doctrine of the church less true. Good call on those that left for that reason and that reason only, makes sense to me.
                              *Banned*

                              Comment

                              • Colly Wolly
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1824

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Ironically you flee here from Cougarboard, yet this sentence is a perfect example of what so many of us hoped to escape when we fled Cougarboard.

                                You see, in order to properly effectuate a "not even . . . let alone" statement in an attempt to emphasize the extreme character of a situation, you must associate the lesser achievement with the "even" portion of the expression and the greater achievement with the "let alone" portion.

                                By associating the greater achievement (in this case, Seminary President) with the "even" portion, you leave open the possibility that the lesser achievement (in this case, Seminary Council) is actually achievable, thus forcing you to explain the non-achievement thereof with a subsequent "let alone" idiom.

                                However, when you associate the lesser achievement with the "even" portion, then you succeed in pointing out that the lesser achievement was not achievable, and you allow reason to explain the rest. For if the lesser achievement was not attainable, it follows logically, then, that the greater achievement was that much less so. Not that you wouldn't complete the expression (though you certainly aren't forced to, as you are with the incorrect version), but that your "let alone" follow-up is merely a reinforcement of your initial statement and not a furtherance of the explanation.
                                I tip my hat to you, sir.

                                Comment

                                Working...