Official BYU Fall Camp Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #61
    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    No, but you did prove yourself truly incapable of discussing a simple topic; quickly resorting to f-bombs and claiming I said he sucked. That's not surprising as you've repeatedly proven yourself completely incapable of sustaining a rational discussion on this board.
    have I proved myself truly completely incapable of discussing a sustained rational discussion of a simple topic on this board?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #62
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      ... and claiming I said he sucked.

      oh. So you mean when I say how sick McKay was in 06 and you dismiss my claim as one coming from someone who has romanticized him with limited recall, that was another way of agreeing. I see.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • SCcoug
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 7625

        #63
        Looks like our only returning Olineman is out with a broken hand.

        http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=7510746

        Comment

        • Sizzle
          #ThisIsY
          • Nov 2008
          • 9004

          #64
          From Wrubell's Blog:

          Speaking of which, I am excited to see who stands out once the full pads come on and the contact is more pronounced tomorrow. I get a sense that among the newcomers, Craig Bills might be the most anxious
          Two of he nicest defensive plays of the day were turned in by Craig Bills (already noted) and Robbie Buckner, on key third-down pass breakups--something that has been a defensive calling card so far in camp.
          Is Craig Bills going to become one of my favorite BYU defenders? I can't remember a Freshman coming in and having much impact in the secondary... hopefully it's because he's that good.

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #65
            Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            Is Craig Bills going to become one of my favorite BYU defenders? I can't remember a Freshman coming in and having much impact in the secondary... hopefully it's because he's that good.
            Did Aaron Francisco start for most or all of his freshman year?
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #66
              His bio says he started in 2 games against Tulane and Air Force but competed in all 14.

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #67
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                Did Aaron Francisco start for most or all of his freshman year?
                I don't know I was on my mission.

                Comment

                • All-American
                  Right, as Usual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 15665

                  #68
                  Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  Looks like our only returning Olineman is out with a broken hand.

                  http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=7510746
                  Eff.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    Did Aaron Francisco start for most or all of his freshman year?
                    He didnt start but played a lot. He had 27 tackles and 2 ints. He is the closest thing we have had to a starting safety as a freshman.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • Hot Lunch
                      Out of Office
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7842

                      #70
                      Just got back from practice.

                      A couple of thoughts.

                      Andrew Rich is the real deal. The kid is always around the ball and will make a huge impact this year.

                      The D looked a lot better today than they did on Tuesday when I stopped by.

                      Bronco coaching the Nose Guards is making a huge difference. Completely different players than they were a year ago.

                      I was impressed by both Eason and Aguierre and Craig Bills is a stud for a true Freshman.

                      Certain Middle Linebackers still have a ton and I mean a ton of work to do. If you know what I mean. Hooks didn't practice today btw and was walking around a lot better than he was on Tuesday.

                      Mckay Jacobson is fast and has great hands. O'Neil, I wish his speed was a little better but he has really good size and has really good hands. He has been catching everything thrown his way. He is a big kid.

                      The O line still has some work to do..

                      These are just some observations from this morning.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

                      Comment

                      • Sizzle
                        #ThisIsY
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 9004

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        Certain Middle Linebackers still have a ton and I mean a ton of work to do. If you know what I mean. Hooks didn't practice today btw and was walking around a lot better than he was on Tuesday.

                        The O line still has some work to do..
                        Doesn't bode well for Sept. 5...

                        Comment

                        • Hot Lunch
                          Out of Office
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7842

                          #72
                          Let me say this about the O line, they didn't look bad. They are still coming together as a group. The thing I like about this O line as compared to last years group is that these guys play with passion.

                          The O line to me was one of the biggest disapointments last season. They weren't bad but they didn't play with passion and didn't play up to there potential IMO.

                          The certain middle backers, well let's hope that Hooks has a speedy recovery.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

                          Comment

                          • Sizzle
                            #ThisIsY
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9004

                            #73
                            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            Let me say this about the O line, they didn't look bad. They are still coming together as a group. The thing I like about this O line as compared to last years group is that these guys play with passion.

                            The O line to me was one of the biggest disapointments last season. They weren't bad but they didn't play with passion and didn't play up to there potential IMO.

                            The certain middle backers, well let's hope that Hooks has a speedy recovery.
                            Just curious, because it seems like we have depth at the outside back position. Why couldn't a guy like Nelson shift inside and let a more athletic guy like Pendelton play on the outside? Is it pretty much strictly a size issue? Linebacker, to me, seems like a position that could be fairly interchangeable between inside and out, especially since you would need to know what gaps the other linebackers are filling in certain sets. Am I off base in my line of thinking?

                            And what about Ogletree? He had a lot of hype when he was being recruited... I know he's a Freshman, but do you think he will have much of an impact if not this year, but over his career?

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                              Just curious, because it seems like we have depth at the outside back position. Why couldn't a guy like Nelson shift inside and let a more athletic guy like Pendelton play on the outside? Is it pretty much strictly a size issue? Linebacker, to me, seems like a position that could be fairly interchangeable between inside and out, especially since you would need to know what gaps the other linebackers are filling in certain sets. Am I off base in my line of thinking?

                              And what about Ogletree? He had a lot of hype when he was being recruited... I know he's a Freshman, but do you think he will have much of an impact if not this year, but over his career?
                              Nelson is hurt. They moved Atkinson outside which surprised me. He looked good to.

                              Ogletree is good. He really stood out to me both days. He ran with the ones on Tuesday and the 2's today. Tuesday he was really the only kid that stood out. Today he looked good with the 2's as well He is just to small. He could possibly make an impact but I don't think the kid is more than 215 and 5'11. That is not a very good size for MLB in a 3-4.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              • Indy Coug
                                Heartless Bastard
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 18747

                                #75
                                Ogletree may have had a lot of fan hype, but he either was a walk-on or was the very last person to get a scholarship and wasn't highly regarded by recruiting services.

                                That said, if a guy can be all-state in Texas, he must have superior mental attributes to offset the deficit in the classic measureables.
                                Everything in life is an approximation.

                                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                                Comment

                                Working...