Official BYU Fall Camp Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #46
    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    OK, so you have a romanticized memory with limited recall.
    He was 3rd on the team in receiving in regards to both yards and receptions. BYU had 9 players with 20 or more catches that season.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #47
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      He was 3rd on the team in receiving in regards to both yards and receptions. BYU had 9 players with 20 or more catches that season.
      Exactly. He averaged two catches per game.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • TheAzzuri
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 454

        #48
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Your post made me curious about how McKay really did in 2006.

        Against the bowl teams we played

        BC-1 catch 22 yards 0 TD
        TCU-3 catches 37 yards 0 TD
        Utah-2 catches 35 yards 0 TD
        Oregon-2 catches 26 yards 0 TD

        McKay piled up the big games against UNLV, SDSU, New Mexico, CSU.

        I am excited for McKay, but I have said before that Collie set the bar ridiculously high for an RM at WR. McKay had average at best games against the bowl teams we played in 06, and I think there might need to be some tempering of excitement about him stepping right in where Collie left off.
        Good post. I am too lazy to look it up but it would be interesting to see a game by game breakdown of Collie's freshman season. I'm not suggesting that MJ will be Collie, but I do think his ceiling is high. It will be fun to watch both he and Chambers this year. Does anyone know how Ashworth is looking? It seems like he's been hyped for a while, but hasn't shown much.

        I think the WR position will be fun to watch over the next few years. (Matthews X2, Smith, etc) I'm sure I'm missing a few.

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #49
          Originally posted by Commando View Post
          look I am not saying he got Nate Meikle pt. but he was a solid contributer. Is that wrong or am I forgetting all his drops and fuck ups? I don't think I am.
          He had 8 more catches and 200 more receiving yards than Meikle.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #50
            you're right. He sucked. Go away, everyone, nothing to see here.

            (responding to IndyCoug)
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #51
              Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              Exactly. He averaged two catches per game.
              2 catches and 40 yards is good. I will take that from a true freshman. Oneill had 2 catches on the season.
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #52
                Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post
                Good post. I am too lazy to look it up but it would be interesting to see a game by game breakdown of Collie's freshman season. I'm not suggesting that MJ will be Collie, but I do think his ceiling is high. It will be fun to watch both he and Chambers this year. Does anyone know how Ashworth is looking? It seems like he's been hyped for a while, but hasn't shown much.

                I think the WR position will be fun to watch over the next few years. (Matthews X2, Smith, etc) I'm sure I'm missing a few.
                Collie sucked he only averaged 4 catches per game.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  you're right. He sucked. Go away, everyone, nothing to see here.

                  (responding to IndyCoug)
                  Typical overreaction. Nothing to see here.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #54
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    He had 8 more catches and 200 more receiving yards than Meikle.
                    Which is why you don't hear too much "I wish we still had Nate Meikle" talk on messageboards.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #55
                      Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post
                      Good post. I am too lazy to look it up but it would be interesting to see a game by game breakdown of Collie's freshman season. I'm not suggesting that MJ will be Collie, but I do think his ceiling is high. It will be fun to watch both he and Chambers this year. Does anyone know how Ashworth is looking? It seems like he's been hyped for a while, but hasn't shown much.

                      I think the WR position will be fun to watch over the next few years. (Matthews X2, Smith, etc) I'm sure I'm missing a few.
                      Collie freshman year
                      Notre Dame-3 catches 54 yards 1 TD
                      Stanford-8 catches 49 yards 0 TD
                      USC-4 catches 36 yards 0 TD
                      Boise-5 catches 94 yards 1 TD
                      CSU-4 catches 60 yards 1 TD
                      UNLV-10 catches 70 yards 0 TD
                      Wyoming-3 catches 74 yards 1 TD
                      AFA-6 catches 82 yards 1 TD
                      SDSU-3 catches 95 yards 2 TD
                      UNM-4 catches 83 yards 0 TD
                      Utah-3 catches 74 yards 1 TD

                      4.8 catches a game, 14.5 per catch 8 TD. Insane freshman year on a pretty bad offensive team.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • Sizzle
                        #ThisIsY
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 9004

                        #56
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Collie freshman year
                        Notre Dame-3 catches 54 yards 1 TD
                        Stanford-8 catches 49 yards 0 TD
                        USC-4 catches 36 yards 0 TD
                        Boise-5 catches 94 yards 1 TD
                        CSU-4 catches 60 yards 1 TD
                        UNLV-10 catches 70 yards 0 TD
                        Wyoming-3 catches 74 yards 1 TD
                        AFA-6 catches 82 yards 1 TD
                        SDSU-3 catches 95 yards 2 TD
                        UNM-4 catches 83 yards 0 TD
                        Utah-3 catches 74 yards 1 TD

                        4.8 catches a game, 14.5 per catch 8 TD. Insane freshman year on a pretty bad offensive team.
                        That 2004 team was one of the most frustrating to watch. Yes, they played probably the hardest schedule in BYU History. I don't know of any other team in history that played 3 teams that finished the season undefeated. There were so many games that SHOULD have been wins (Boise, UNLV and UNM off the top of my head) but just didn't happen. 8-3 Would have felt a whole lot better than 5-6. But those are the breaks.

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #57
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Collie freshman year
                          Notre Dame-3 catches 54 yards 1 TD
                          Stanford-8 catches 49 yards 0 TD
                          USC-4 catches 36 yards 0 TD
                          Boise-5 catches 94 yards 1 TD
                          CSU-4 catches 60 yards 1 TD
                          UNLV-10 catches 70 yards 0 TD
                          Wyoming-3 catches 74 yards 1 TD
                          AFA-6 catches 82 yards 1 TD
                          SDSU-3 catches 95 yards 2 TD
                          UNM-4 catches 83 yards 0 TD
                          Utah-3 catches 74 yards 1 TD

                          4.8 catches a game, 14.5 per catch 8 TD. Insane freshman year on a pretty bad offensive team.
                          Surprising he didnt have a single 100 yards receiving game.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            Typical overreaction. Nothing to see here.
                            My, did I cross the resident authority on byu football?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • Indy Coug
                              Heartless Bastard
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 18747

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              My, did I cross the resident authority on byu football?
                              No, but you did prove yourself truly incapable of discussing a simple topic; quickly resorting to f-bombs and claiming I said he sucked. That's not surprising as you've repeatedly proven yourself completely incapable of sustaining a rational discussion on this board.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

                              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #60
                                I never "resort" to "f-bombs." That's how I talk.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...