The Official Big Ten Era Has Begun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Walter Sobchak
    Adventurer
    • Oct 2009
    • 3815

    #16
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I want Washington to lose out.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

    Comment

    • jay santos
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 13652

      #17
      Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      The B1G tried to "balance" the conference before adding Rutgers and Maryland. Michigan and MSU were in a different division then Ohio St. and the conference had a bunch of cross-over rival games so traditional rivals would still play despite being in different divisions. That was scrapped in favor of a geographic model; hard to blame the conference for that. All the current ranked teams have had cross-over games against the better teams in the other division. Wisconsin played both Ohio St. and Michigan. In other words, I haven't identified any pattern to cheat the system.

      They cheat the system by having 8 of their 14 teams absolutely suck, and tricking people into thinking an 8-2 record in the Big 10 means you're a good team.

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #18
        Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Bro, you already got your 70 point pound of flesh. You destroyed the psyche of us and probably fired the shot that fires the coach. You can't have everything.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • BigPiney
          Huge Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12368

          #19
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I don't care if Ohio St gets in or not. I want Washington to lose out. It boggles my mind when people turn into conference cheerleaders. I like the P12, I think in general the football played in the conference is underrated nationally. Other than my team I'm not going to turn into some bandwagon team because they are in the same conference.
          I have never understood that either.

          Unrelated though, totally rooting for the Ducks this weekend.

          Comment

          • Paperback Writer
            Signature won a Pulitzer
            • Nov 2010
            • 5211

            #20
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            They cheat the system by having 8 of their 14 teams absolutely suck, and tricking people into thinking an 8-2 record in the Big 10 means you're a good team.
            BYU is cheating the system as well with that victory over a Michigan St. team that "absolutely sucks".

            Edit: If the same standard is applied to the SEC and PAC-12, they also have 8 of their 14 teams "absolutely suck". So add BYU wins against Mississippi St., and Arizona to the list along with Michigan St. Then there's that BYU loss against a 4-6 UCLA team. Is it still cheating if a team loses to a team that "absolutely sucks"?
            Last edited by Paperback Writer; 11-16-2016, 12:11 PM.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #21
              Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              BYU is cheating the system as well with that victory over a Michigan St. team that "absolutely sucks".
              Awesome! I look forward to cheating our way in the playoffs this year.

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #22
                Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                BYU is cheating the system as well with that victory over a Michigan St. team that "absolutely sucks".
                True, but not as effective as the Big 10. Should have gotten Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana on the schedule, too.

                Comment

                • Paperback Writer
                  Signature won a Pulitzer
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 5211

                  #23
                  Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  True, but not as effective as the Big 10. Should have gotten Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana on the schedule, too.
                  BYU didn't have room on their schedule for those teams after scheduling such powerhouses as SUU, Cincinnati, and UConn
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                  Comment

                  • Pelado
                    Bald not naked
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 21143

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                    BYU didn't have room on their schedule for those teams after scheduling such powerhouses as SUU, Cincinnati, and UConn
                    Cool. When's the UConn game?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

                    Comment

                    • Green Monstah
                      Royal Rooter
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 13965

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                      BYU didn't have room on their schedule for those teams after scheduling such powerhouses as SUU, Cincinnati, and UConn
                      "Anytime; Anywhere."

                      -Tom Holmoe

                      Sorry about killing that home opening game win streak, PBW.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                      Comment

                      • Paperback Writer
                        Signature won a Pulitzer
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 5211

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Cool. When's the UConn game?
                        UConn got bumped in favor of UMass. BYU is cheating the system worse than I originally thought.
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                        Comment

                        • Paperback Writer
                          Signature won a Pulitzer
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 5211

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          "Anytime; Anywhere."

                          -Tom Holmoe

                          Sorry about killing that home opening game win streak, PBW.
                          It was a great game. And I apologize for Nebraska's role in aiding BYU's "cheating the system" since Nebraska went 6-7 in 2015 and would meet Santo's standard of "absolutely sucks".
                          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                          Comment

                          • dabrockster
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 10951

                            #28
                            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            to wit, 9 out of 11 posts at the time of this post has referenced or mentioned Ohio State specifically.
                            It should be noted I mentioned them in my original post in regards to the playoff possibilities but have not since..

                            People can't help it. Their just awesome..




                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • New Mexican Disaster
                              Suomalainen
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4549

                              #29
                              This thread is an insult to humanity.

                              Comment

                              • Omaha 680
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 11182

                                #30
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                I don't care if Ohio St gets in or not. I want Washington to lose out. It boggles my mind when people turn into conference cheerleaders. I like the P12, I think in general the football played in the conference is underrated nationally. Other than my team I'm not going to turn into some bandwagon team because they are in the same conference.
                                Agreed. Every other team in the Big Ten besides Nebraska can esad.

                                Comment

                                Working...