6th place and going to the Veg: BYU vs Utah bowl game thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69706

    #466
    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    So you are saying that you anticipate losing, would be happy to lose(to help move things along), and your only joy found in making fun of a couple of idiots?

    That must be depressing.
    Don't kid yourself. The number is far larger than two!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • pelagius
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 5288

      #467
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Man, I am sick and tired of the nonsense people say about speculative markets.
      Me too. Stuff like they are just trying to set the line so the money is 50/50. Stop it people.

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #468
        Originally posted by pelagius View Post
        Me too. Stuff like they are just trying to set the line so the money is 50/50. Stop it people.
        And they probably don't know jack about Bayesian probability. :Wuap:

        Comment

        • pelagius
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5288

          #469
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          And they probably don't know jack about Bayesian probability. :Wuap:
          Yeah, those people are donkeys too.

          Comment

          • Solon
            Lost in the flood
            • Nov 2008
            • 5747

            #470
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Don't kid yourself. The number is far larger than two!
            I'm not gonna lie, the righteous indignation of the snubbed Ute nation has cracked me up too.
            Two years ago, I couldn't even remember what a bowl game was.

            The constant quest for respect (in both fan bases, but Utah's in this case) is just a sign of bad sports self-esteem.
            Win the games & the rest will follow. Lose winnable games to AZ & UCLA, and you end up playing in the Harvey Langi Revenge Bowl. It's really not that complicated.
            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #471
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Don't kid yourself. The number is far larger than two!
              A couple is jargon for a small group. Colloquial Carbon countyism
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Nakoma
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2013
                • 571

                #472
                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                A couple is jargon for a small group. Colloquial Carbon countyism
                That's a pretty harsh statement. Do you really think Utah's fanbase is that small?

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #473
                  Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  So you are saying that you anticipate losing, would be happy to lose(to help move things along), and your only joy found in making fun of a couple of idiots?

                  That must be depressing.
                  Not at all! Just taking this game with a healthy dose of sportsmanship and reality- I won't be more bummed out if we lose than I was learning Bronco is gone. Probably the healthiest attitude I've had going into any game this year- let alone a Utah game. This is a pretty big breakthrough. Depressing?? Just the opposite!
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #474
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    A couple is jargon for a small group. Colloquial Carbon countyism
                    If all these Twitter polls are to be believed, only like... Jake Murphy and a few others are ok going to this bowl game. Mind you, it's one of the most exciting bowl games in the country outside the playoff/NY6 games, but Ute tears abound.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #475
                      9. Las Vegas Bowl: No. 22 Utah vs. BYU Dec. 19, Las Vegas

                      This is what non-major bowl games should try to do as much as possible: Get disgruntled rivals to play each other. We weren't treated to a Holy War in either of the last two regular seasons, but now the Utes and Cougars will meet in Las Vegas. It will be the last game at BYU for coach Bronco Mendenhall, who will leave for the Virginia job afterward. Utah has won the last four meetings in the series, and while its defense could carry it, the absence of star running back Devontae Booker because of a season-ending injury still looms large.
                      Pick: BYU 24, Utah 17
                      http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...gs-predictions
                      :rockon2:
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #476
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        So you are saying that you anticipate losing, would be happy to lose(to help move things along), and your only joy found in making fun of a couple of idiots?

                        That must be depressing.
                        Jarid, did Utah have to request some sort of waiver to play in the Vegas bowl? I know earlier in the season an online petition was submitted to never play BYU again out of concern for safety.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • imanihonjin
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 3772

                          #477
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Jarid, did Utah have to request some sort of waiver to play in the Vegas bowl? I know earlier in the season an online petition was submitted to never play BYU again out of concern for safety.
                          I can't believe the PAC-12 is forcing Utah to play BYU. Do they not realize the liability they just assumed in doing so?

                          Comment

                          • Art Vandelay
                            Striving for mediocrity
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10516

                            #478
                            In the 4th quarter when Mangum is taking a knee in the victory formation, what should the crowd be chanting?

                            "COME HOME KYLE, COME HOME"

                            or should they go 4 quadrant style similar to B-Y-U-Cougars

                            "Kyle-Whiting-Ham-Cougar"

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #479
                              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              In the 4th quarter when Mangum is taking a knee in the victory formation, what should the crowd be chanting?

                              "COME HOME KYLE, COME HOME"

                              or should they go 4 quadrant style similar to B-Y-U-Cougars

                              "Kyle-Whiting-Ham-Cougar"
                              RUN IT, TAYSOM *clap clap clap clap clap*
                              RUN IT, TAYSOM *clap clap clap clap clap*
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Katy Lied
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 9435

                                #480
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Jarid, did Utah have to request some sort of waiver to play in the Vegas bowl? I know earlier in the season an online petition was submitted to never play BYU again out of concern for safety.
                                This thread is a delight to read.

                                Comment

                                Working...