Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So inspiring.

Comment

• This article has starting a pissing match on social media between BYU and Utah fans. Utah fans all claiming that they were the virtuous ones alerting the MWC of BYU deceitful and evil plan. From what I can gather, they seem to be getting sympathy from a lot of other cfb fans who are spurned by OUT and USC/UCLA actions.

I don't remember the exact details, but the Utah narrative was that BYU was actively trying to get MWC teams to leave. I thought the narrative was the all of the presidents of the WAC schools were on board with the plan and hoped that they could get teams from the MWC.
      ​​​​​​​
      ​​​​​​​
      ​​​​​​​https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2023/...ect-mike-young
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
        This article has starting a pissing match on social media between BYU and Utah fans. Utah fans all claiming that they were the virtuous ones alerting the MWC of BYU deceitful and evil plan. From what I can gather, they seem to be getting sympathy from a lot of other cfb fans who are spurned by OUT and USC/UCLA actions.

I don't remember the exact details, but the Utah narrative was that BYU was actively trying to get MWC teams to leave. I thought the narrative was the all of the presidents of the WAC schools were on board with the plan and hoped that they could get teams from the MWC.

​​​​​​​

“If you’re really a mean person, you’re going to come back as a fly and eat poop.” —Kurt Cobain

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
          This article has starting a pissing match on social media between BYU and Utah fans. Utah fans all claiming that they were the virtuous ones alerting the MWC of BYU deceitful and evil plan. From what I can gather, they seem to be getting sympathy from a lot of other cfb fans who are spurned by OUT and USC/UCLA actions.

​​​​​​​
          ​​​​​​​

From what I know (probably nothing), BYU was actively trying to find a way out of the MWC for years with Utah as a potential partner. This was after it became apparent how disastrous and unfair to BYU in particular the acquisition of MWC media rights by Comcast was. Shame on BYU for relying on a handshake in media rights negotiations but fact remains that the media situation in the MWC was untenable for BYU. So yeah they were trying to get out which would potentially mean bringing some conference members with including Utah. What changed was the Utah invite to the Pac 10. So it's a little silly for Utah to play the virtuous position of saving the MWC that was so good to them when they would have potentially bolted and damaged the conference themselves if it had not been for the Pac 10 lifeboat.

It's easy to take the high road when your position is secure and you aren't fighting for your life. As another object lesson in this, watch how Utah will turn on their remaining conference mates and step on and over lesser programs like OSU and WAZZU to get off the sinking ship if the Pac 10 starts to crumble.

Comment

• Well, it's what we do down here at BYU.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Front page of ESPN

Four-year ESPN probe traces institutional failures before an athlete was slain

The most glaring failures were by campus police. According to state and university investigations, key police personnel were inexperienced and inadequately trained, senior officers did not track Lauren's case, information wasn't communicated between shifts, and the chief had an unwritten policy of limiting the department's contact with Utah's Adult Probation and Parole office.

The UofU is not a safe place.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                I think this highlights the variability you see in professionalism between police departments. Smaller departments are often the ones lacking sufficient training and experience. Still, a police chief worth his salt would be partnering with the ample resources of other professional PD's all around him to ensure his employees get up to speed and stay up to speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  You didn't even quote the worst part. One of the officers was allegedly displaying the compromising photos of Lauren to others in the department for purposes other than law enforcement.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

You didn't even quote the worst part. One of the officers was allegedly displaying the compromising photos of Lauren to others in the department for purposes other than law enforcement.
                    Sports betting?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Sports betting?
                      No.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Yikes.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I think that violates at least one of the core values of the Ute football program.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Talk about throwing your life away. Sad.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Meanwhile in Draper...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Meanwhile in Draper...

These guys are great for inside info. Highly recommend.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X