Miami Bowl 2014 - BYU vs. Memphis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • imanihonjin
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 3772

    #361
    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    There is stupidity and then there is being classless. I will take the stupidity. You can choose which one you prefer. Looks like I already know which way you are leaning.

    Both BYU and Memphis looked awful to end the game.
    I guess your definition of being classy includes going to a rivals board after a loss to rub their noses in it. So you take stupidity but act classless. Brilliant!

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #362
      This makes two games in a row at that location with a brawl. Consider me interested in next years Miami Beach Bowl

      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #363
        I am so sad right now.

        Comment

        • RC Vikings
          Known Heterosexual
          • Nov 2008
          • 8789

          #364
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Agreed. I can't wait until we're past all of the meaningless bowls and the playoff can begin.
          BYU fans would give their left nut to be in a BCS bowl. You can do play it all you want but it's still someplace they have never been.

          Comment

          • old_gregg
            scaly man fish
            • Nov 2009
            • 16915

            #365
            my bad, RC. this was over the line.
            Last edited by old_gregg; 12-22-2014, 04:31 PM.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

            Comment

            • Flystripper
              Degenerate Gambler
              • Nov 2008
              • 14089

              #366
              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              It's pretty cute that RC thinks his team is in a bowl that matters. Good luck to your Boise State Broncos in that game, RC! If they win, well, they will have won, uh, 12 games.
              and beaten a ranked P5 team to end the season...I am a bit envious #sjbh
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

              Comment

              • Flystripper
                Degenerate Gambler
                • Nov 2008
                • 14089

                #367
                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                yeah but no matter how bad our football team is, nobody is going to laugh at our college degrees. so you got that going for you.
                I wouldn't say nobody...SU is laughing
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #368
                  Good Lord, old Gregg. Stop being such a dick.

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #369
                    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Your team just lost to Memphis on Dec. 22 in the middle of the afternoon.
                    Jesus, you are weird.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • smokymountainrain
                      Impressive Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22593

                      #370
                      Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                      BYU fans would give their left nut to be in a BCS bowl. You can do play it all you want but it's still someplace they have never been.
                      Actually, no. Would I rather the Fiesta Bowl than the Miami Beach bowl? Probably just because it would be a better opponent, but I wouldn't give a king size Kit Kat bar, let alone my left nut.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

                      Comment

                      • The_Douger
                        Athletic Supporter
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5413

                        #371
                        Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        I know I'm overreacting, but in my current state of pain and anguish, I'm not sure how we can have confidence that BM gets us to the promised land. We may be worse off with a different HC, but we're currently going nowhere in a pretty big hurry.
                        I mean, what have you seen over the past 5 years that makes you think Bronco could lead us to anywhere but a multiple loss, mediocre year? I haven't seen anything that makes me think we'll ever be better than 8-5 or 7-6 under him. Being independent doesn't help, all our hard games are on the road, the schedules are getting tougher. He's not the guy to lead us going forward. He's had his chance, we needed to make a mark going in to independence, and all we've done is flounder around for half a decade. We've got to get a new coach. Broncos' message has grown stale. We are not progressing under him. We are regressing over time.

                        And I don't dislike Bronco the man, I just don't think that long term we're winning at the level we need to be winning at. He didn't have the headscratcher losses at the start of his tenure, and coupled with his complete inability to get the team ready to play against Utah, I just feel we need a change.
                        Last edited by The_Douger; 12-22-2014, 04:32 PM.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #372
                          Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          and beaten a ranked P5 team to end the season...I am a bit envious #sjbh
                          And again what does that get you? oh yeah, a 12th win. Like I said, that would be so awesome for Boise.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • pelagius
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5288

                            #373
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Good Lord, old Gregg. Stop being such a dick.
                            Well, RC should stop being a jackass too. If we have to mod, they both should be dinged.

                            Comment

                            • The_Douger
                              Athletic Supporter
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5413

                              #374
                              Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              BYU fans would give their left nut to be in a BCS bowl. You can do play it all you want but it's still someplace they have never been.
                              It would be a nice accomplishment, but those games are meaning less and less as time goes by especially when crummy teams like NIU play in them, as well as automatic inclusion for teams that don't deserve to be there.

                              I will keep my left nut, however.
                              Last edited by The_Douger; 12-22-2014, 04:33 PM.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                              Comment

                              • imanihonjin
                                Junior Member
                                • Jun 2013
                                • 3772

                                #375
                                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                Actually, no. Would I rather the Fiesta Bowl than the Miami Beach bowl? Probably just because it would be a better opponent, but I wouldn't give a king size Kit Kat bar, let alone my left nut.
                                I wouldn't give my left nut either, but I dare say that I would fall somewhere in between a king size Kit Kat and offering my left nut on the "what-would-I-give spectrum".

                                Comment

                                Working...