Miami Bowl 2014 - BYU vs. Memphis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Monstah
    Royal Rooter
    • Aug 2010
    • 13963

    #391
    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    What have I seen from any possible current or possible replacement coach? Nothing. Its part of my overall meh feeling. Bronco is probably about as good as we can do. Dr. Anae? I think he would fare about the same. Maybe less icing of extra points though.
    That was just pure idiocy. I think I can get behind a character-building coach who will get us to bowl games every year, but not one that tries to ice the kicker twice on PATs, late in regulation with a QB who has the ability to get big yard plays. That's just stupidity at its worst.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #392
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      What did the bowls ever get you? This is the dumbest new argument. Before 1999 and the BCS none of the bowls "meant" anything. For the last 15 years 1 bowl a year has "meant" something and this year three will. That's always been the case, the people pretending now that lowly bowl X is the same as one of the bigger bowls are being intentionally dishonest in their arguments or are very naïve. Why did it matter that BYU got locked out in 96? Why did they even take the Cotton Bowl? It was only for a 14th win, should've gone to Vegas or Copper whichever lowly one had a WAC tie in and made it better for fans traveling.
      You're absolutely right. Bowl games have always been a big joke outside of the teams that are playing for a national title. That's why the playoff is so important and ultimately why they went to a playoff.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • imanihonjin
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2013
        • 3772

        #393
        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        Absolutely. You just have to realize folks are in pain.
        You don't even have a left nut anymore....so no wonder you are willing to give yours.

        Comment

        • The_Douger
          Athletic Supporter
          • Jun 2012
          • 5413

          #394
          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Okay, what's your favorite candy bar?
          I like Snickers, but lately I've been liking white chocolate Reeses.
          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

          Comment

          • The_Douger
            Athletic Supporter
            • Jun 2012
            • 5413

            #395
            Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            This is where I am at too. On top of being extremely mediocre, Bronco is a weird dude. Who is excited about next year? We play a really good schedule, but we are going to get absolutely destroyed.
            Yeah, I think we'll probably win like five games next year. Maybe six. It will be another year like this, and we can chest pound about a good schedule, but this program isn't taking a step forward.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

            Comment

            • Flystripper
              Degenerate Gambler
              • Nov 2008
              • 14094

              #396
              Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              I like Snickers, but lately I've been liking white chocolate Reeses.
              That sounds delicious. I should have one of those.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #397
                Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                I like Snickers, but lately I've been liking white chocolate Reeses.
                I just threw up. White chocolate is what Satan wants you to eat.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • imanihonjin
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 3772

                  #398
                  Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  I love that kid
                  I do too, but I hope he learns how to snap in the shot gun during the off season.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69717

                    #399
                    Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    Hey asshole BYU haters, gtfo of this forum for a little bit. Even SU will wait a day.
                    No kidding. Geez RC, what has gotten into you lately? Let it go.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Flystripper
                      Degenerate Gambler
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14094

                      #400
                      Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      I do too, but I hope he learns how to snap in the shot gun during the off season.
                      Agreed. Like I said earlier in this thread, he needs to snap it a billion times this summer.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #401
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        What did the bowls ever get you? This is the dumbest new argument. Before 1999 and the BCS none of the bowls "meant" anything. For the last 15 years 1 bowl a year has "meant" something and this year three will. That's always been the case, the people pretending now that lowly bowl X is the same as one of the bigger bowls are being intentionally dishonest in their arguments or are very naïve. Why did it matter that BYU got locked out in 96? Why did they even take the Cotton Bowl? It was only for a 14th win, should've gone to Vegas or Copper whichever lowly one had a WAC tie in and made it better for fans traveling.
                        To this question, I already conceded. You as a fan you want to play the best opponent possible. In terms of the school, you want the bigger payout - that would be a reason to take the Cotton Bowl. As a fan, I couldn't give two shits about the payout.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • Flystripper
                          Degenerate Gambler
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14094

                          #402
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          No kidding. Geez RC, what has gotten into you lately? Let it go.
                          He is justifiably sensitive from the douchey interactions people have been giving him for a few weeks. He may not have responded well but he didn't start the mud flinging.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69717

                            #403
                            Given all the dumb penalties, the special teams play, the fight afterwards, etc., the next time someone claims that BYU is a disciplined team I am going to want to kick them in the nuts.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • The_Douger
                              Athletic Supporter
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5413

                              #404
                              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              What have I seen from any possible current or possible replacement coach? Nothing. Its part of my overall meh feeling. Bronco is probably about as good as we can do. Dr. Anae? I think he would fare about the same. Maybe less icing of extra points though.
                              I hate this argument because it's not like Bronco was some hot commodity when we hired him. We didn't know what we were getting with him, and we probably won't know what we're getting with someone else, but we know what we'll get with Bronco and that's an 8-5 or 7-6 type season with some wtf moments at some point, and coupled with independence, that's a boring and irrelevant season for fans like us.

                              I'm sure there are some really casual fans that like it no matter what he does, but they don't pay attention to this stuff as much.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #405
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Given all the dumb penalties, the special teams play, the fight afterwards, etc., the next time someone claims that BYU is a disciplined team I am going to want to kick them in the nuts.
                                Agreed, we haven't been a disciplined team for a long time.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...