Miami Bowl 2014 - BYU vs. Memphis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #376
    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    yeah but no matter how bad our football team is, nobody is going to laugh at our college degrees. so you got that going for you.
    How about some attendance smack next. Once again you lost to Memphis on Dec. 22 in the middle of the afternoon.

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18488

      #377
      Check out this douche buffalo.

      The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

      Comment

      • USUC
        Chronic Poseur
        • Apr 2010
        • 8784

        #378
        Hey asshole BYU haters, gtfo of this forum for a little bit. Even SU will wait a day.

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25266

          #379
          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          BYU fans would give their left nut to be in a BCS bowl. You can do play it all you want but it's still someplace they have never been.
          You could not be more wrong. Nobody cares about the non-playoff BCS bowls. Seriously, they don't.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #380
            Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            I wouldn't give my left nut either, but I dare say that I would fall somewhere in between a king size Kit Kat and offering my left nut on the "what-would-I-give spectrum".
            Okay, what's your favorite candy bar?
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69676

              #381
              Originally posted by pelagius View Post
              Well, RC should stop being a jackass too. If we have to mod, they both should be dinged.
              Agreed.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Flystripper
                Degenerate Gambler
                • Nov 2008
                • 14089

                #382
                Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                I mean, what have you seen over the past 5 years that makes you think Bronco could lead us to anywhere but a multiple loss, mediocre year? I haven't seen anything that makes me think we'll ever be better than 8-5 or 7-6 under him. Being independent doesn't help, all our hard games are on the road, the schedules are getting tougher. He's not the guy to lead us going forward. He's had his chance, we needed to make a mark going in to independence, and all we've done is flounder around for half a decade. We've got to get a new coach. Broncos' message has grown stale. We are not progressing under him. We are regressing over time.

                And I don't dislike Bronco the man, I just don't think that long term we're not winning at the level we need to be winning at.
                What have I seen from any possible current or possible replacement coach? Nothing. Its part of my overall meh feeling. Bronco is probably about as good as we can do. Dr. Anae? I think he would fare about the same. Maybe less icing of extra points though.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #383
                  Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  BYU fans would give their left nut to be in a BCS bowl. You can do play it all you want but it's still someplace they have never been.
                  Absolutely. You just have to realize folks are in pain.

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #384
                    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    And again what does that get you? oh yeah, a 12th win. Like I said, that would be so awesome for Boise.
                    What did the bowls ever get you? This is the dumbest new argument. Before 1999 and the BCS none of the bowls "meant" anything. For the last 15 years 1 bowl a year has "meant" something and this year three will. That's always been the case, the people pretending now that lowly bowl X is the same as one of the bigger bowls are being intentionally dishonest in their arguments or are very naïve. Why did it matter that BYU got locked out in 96? Why did they even take the Cotton Bowl? It was only for a 14th win, should've gone to Vegas or Copper whichever lowly one had a WAC tie in and made it better for fans traveling.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • imanihonjin
                      Junior Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 3772

                      #385
                      Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                      I mean, what have you seen over the past 5 years that makes you think Bronco could lead us to anywhere but a multiple loss, mediocre year? I haven't seen anything that makes me think we'll ever be better than 8-5 or 7-6 under him. Being independent doesn't help, all our hard games are on the road, the schedules are getting tougher. He's not the guy to lead us going forward. He's had his chance, we needed to make a mark going in to independence, and all we've done is flounder around for half a decade. We've got to get a new coach. Broncos' message has grown stale. We are not progressing under him. We are regressing over time.

                      And I don't dislike Bronco the man, I just don't think that long term we're not winning at the level we need to be winning at.
                      This is where I am at too. On top of being extremely mediocre, Bronco is a weird dude. Who is excited about next year? We play a really good schedule, but we are going to get absolutely destroyed.

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25266

                        #386
                        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Check out this douche buffalo.

                        https://vine.co/v/OXtdxYW7QKB
                        I like how the distortion makes that guy look like he has achondroplasia.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • imanihonjin
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 3772

                          #387
                          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Check out this douche buffalo.

                          https://vine.co/v/OXtdxYW7QKB
                          Holy crap, Koroma had 4 dudes coming after him. Guy must really piss off other players.

                          Comment

                          • Flystripper
                            Degenerate Gambler
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14089

                            #388
                            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            What did the bowls ever get you? This is the dumbest new argument. Before 1999 and the BCS none of the bowls "meant" anything. For the last 15 years 1 bowl a year has "meant" something and this year three will. That's always been the case, the people pretending now that lowly bowl X is the same as one of the bigger bowls are being intentionally dishonest in their arguments or are very naïve. Why did it matter that BYU got locked out in 96? Why did they even take the Cotton Bowl? It was only for a 14th win, should've gone to Vegas or Copper whichever lowly one had a WAC tie in and made it better for fans traveling.
                            Finally some honesty. Bowls do matter and who you play in them does matter.
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14089

                              #389
                              Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                              Holy crap, Koroma had 4 dudes coming after him. Guy must really piss off other players.
                              I love that kid
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #390
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Check out this douche buffalo.

                                https://vine.co/v/OXtdxYW7QKB
                                I think Koroma would probably beat all four of those guys up by himself.

                                That idiot didn't even play in the game, he just ran out there and started swinging his helmet around.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...