The Case for Kalani Sitake

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #241
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Can you buy season tickets for road games?
    you can buy all of the road games through the school and sit in school assigned seating, so yes, you can.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #242
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      you can buy all of the road games through the school and sit in school assigned seating, so yes, you can.
      I did not know that.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #243
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        lol.

        Apologize for what? I said he has season tickets. DDD confirmed that.
        You believe him???? LOL I think it is his father in law who buys them and he uses them.

        Comment

        • hostile
          lollygagger
          • Dec 2009
          • 5736

          #244
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          I think it is his father in law who buys them and he uses them.
          Hey! What's wrong with that?
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

          "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #245
            Originally posted by hostile View Post
            Hey! What's wrong with that?
            Nothing, pretty good deal actually.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #246
              Originally posted by Topper View Post
              I don't have the gumption to go to an away game and to rely upon scalped tickets. Either they won't be available or the price will be too high. Have you ever been left out using this tactic? I suppose if I were the only one who might get shafted, I could risk it, but bringing along friends that way?
              i have only been shut out once in my life...All Star game in Chicago. I have attended Super Bowl, NBA regular season and NBA finals, MLB games both regular season and playoffs, Final Four, other NCAA tourney rounds, BCS championship games (Orange and Rose), and countless bowl games and regular season games across the country. I was at the Raiders super bowl in SD, I was at the Vince Young's knee was down Rose Bowl, I was at the Bush Push game in South Bend, I was at the Aaron Ka-Boone HR Yankees vs Red Sox playoff game, I was at the blue river shootOUt, ive been to loads of Laker playoff wins, I've been lucky to be at a lot of great and memorable games.

              One, tickets are always available. every single time, without exception.
              Two, with only one exception noted above, ticket prices dont go up they go down as you get close to game time. Still don't know why that one game was such a hard get.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #247
                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                You believe him???? LOL I think it is his father in law who buys them and he uses them.
                i sell my FILs tickets. I dont think ive sat in them once since we moved here. my FIL never goes to the games anymore but he keeps buying his tickets because he isnt a dunce.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • hostile
                  lollygagger
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5736

                  #248
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  i sell my FILs tickets. I dont think ive sat in them once since we moved here. my FIL never goes to the games anymore but he keeps buying his tickets because he isnt a dunce.
                  I did that once for a bball game when Tim Duncan and Wake Forest came to the Huntsman Center. I think I did OK. I didn't mind watching from the upper bowl.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                  "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #249
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    i sell my FILs tickets. I dont think ive sat in them once since we moved here. my FIL never goes to the games anymore but he keeps buying his tickets because he isnt a dunce.
                    I wish I had a gopher. I could have him sell my tickets and I wouldn't then be a dunce either.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #250
                      Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      I did that once for a bball game when Tim Duncan and Wake Forest came to the Huntsman Center. I think I did OK. I didn't mind watching from the upper bowl.
                      No i sell the season strip for him before the season starts. There is a guy in SLC that buys them every year and uses them for clients. I wouldnt bother hustling on game day, not with BYUs home schedule during independence.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #251
                        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        I wish I had a gopher. I could have him sell my tickets and I wouldn't then be a dunce either.
                        they are called ticket brokers and there are plenty of them out there. you should get with whomever it is that pays for most of your season ticket charge and have him find a good broker that will sell his 75% and your 25% shares. it really isnt much work, actually. I sell the tickets for my FIL because i get to keep the spread above face.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #252
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          wouldnt bother hustling on game day, not with BYUs home schedule during independence.
                          That again. It's getting old. You are beating a dead horse.

                          Comment

                          • Topper
                            Pre-Historic Man
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 11764

                            #253
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            i have only been shut out once in my life...All Star game in Chicago. I have attended Super Bowl, NBA regular season and NBA finals, MLB games both regular season and playoffs, Final Four, other NCAA tourney rounds, BCS championship games (Orange and Rose), and countless bowl games and regular season games across the country. I was at the Raiders super bowl in SD, I was at the Vince Young's knee was down Rose Bowl, I was at the Bush Push game in South Bend, I was at the Aaron Ka-Boone HR Yankees vs Red Sox playoff game, I was at the blue river shootOUt, ive been to loads of Laker playoff wins, I've been lucky to be at a lot of great and memorable games.

                            One, tickets are always available. every single time, without exception.
                            Two, with only one exception noted above, ticket prices dont go up they go down as you get close to game time. Still don't know why that one game was such a hard get.
                            I have always wanted to try this route, but my companions were never brave enough. Now my current wife would do it, because if we failed she wouldn't have to watch football. Basketball is another story.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                            Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                            Comment

                            • smokymountainrain
                              Impressive Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22593

                              #254
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              i have only been shut out once in my life...All Star game in Chicago. I have attended Super Bowl, NBA regular season and NBA finals, MLB games both regular season and playoffs, Final Four, other NCAA tourney rounds, BCS championship games (Orange and Rose), and countless bowl games and regular season games across the country. I was at the Raiders super bowl in SD, I was at the Vince Young's knee was down Rose Bowl, I was at the Bush Push game in South Bend, I was at the Aaron Ka-Boone HR Yankees vs Red Sox playoff game, I was at the blue river shootOUt, ive been to loads of Laker playoff wins, I've been lucky to be at a lot of great and memorable games.

                              One, tickets are always available. every single time, without exception.
                              Two, with only one exception noted above, ticket prices dont go up they go down as you get close to game time. Still don't know why that one game was such a hard get.
                              All-Star game in Chicago? NBA or MLB?
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

                              Comment

                              • hostile
                                lollygagger
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 5736

                                #255
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                No i sell the season strip for him before the season starts. There is a guy in SLC that buys them every year and uses them for clients. I wouldnt bother hustling on game day, not with BYUs home schedule during independence.
                                Yeah, it was the only time Ive done it and the situation worked because of the opponent and hype around the game.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                                "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                                Comment

                                Working...