Red Dead Redemption: BYU vs. Utah 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LA Ute
    Receiver of Memory
    • Nov 2008
    • 19512

    #706
    You should roll this guy out at halftime. It would be fun. I wonder if he can do a fist roll?

    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden


    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21150

      #707
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Those cartoons are actually pretty good.
      Then we better add another one:

      2013-09-13-2013-9-13-Blood-Runs-Blue.jpg
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • wally
        <><><><><><><><>
        • Jun 2010
        • 4137

        #708
        Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        Rivalry week on CS is sad, because the most active smack-talking Utes are wally and LA Ute. Both nice guys, but not exactly the varsity team. Where has mpfunk gone?
        Honest question: Who is the cougar varsity team here?

        Comment

        • San Juan Sun
          Kicked to the curb
          • Dec 2009
          • 9214

          #709
          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          No offense to Funk but he doesn't exactly strike me as the ideal example of a great smack talker. JIC on the other hand...
          Look, we're kind of talking about the Bad News Bears here. Sure, mpfunk is Tanner Boyle, and he wouldn't play SS for any other team in the league. But on the BNB, he's the man. wally is like Rudy Stein, and LAU is like the female pitcher. They have not found that kid that rides the Harley yet.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

          - Ty Cobb

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27897

            #710
            Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
            Look, we're kind of talking about the Bad News Bears here. Sure, mpfunk is Tanner Boyle, and he wouldn't play SS for any other team in the league. But on the BNB, he's the man. wally is like Rudy Stein, and LAU is like the female pitcher. They have not found that kid that rides the Harley yet.
            I've never seen the BNB but nevertheless I agree with this.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #711
              Originally posted by wally View Post
              Honest question: Who is the cougar varsity team here?
              Cougjerky. That's all we need.

              Comment

              • kccougar
                9262
                • Nov 2008
                • 7020

                #712
                Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                Lucky Radley posted it on instagram, then I think someone on cougarboard downloaded it and put it on YouTube when Radley deleted it from his instagram account.

                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
                Yes, the BYU fan put it up as "Utah Football Baptism". However, the original title of the video was "Baptism in the Name of LGI", which is slightly more damning.
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #713
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  National broadcasts from LES usually include the announcers oohing and ahhing about the spectacular view from the press box (Squaw Peak, Y Mountain, etc.). I've seen fewer national broadcasts from RES (and not just because there have been fewer of them) but I don't recall hearing announcers comment on the beauty of the barren hills east of the press box.
                  When it comes to view smack, we lose the eastward view battle. Now, if you want to talk westward view, we have an argument. The TV people show and talk about that one. We're Westerners, after all. We look westward.

                  RES.jpg
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #714
                    Originally posted by wally View Post
                    Honest question: Who is the cougar varsity team here?
                    CJ would be the William Wallace of smack talk. DDD, the Mike Wallace.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #715
                      So rice chex is better when you're looking westward from a helicopter. Thanks for clarifying that point, LAU.

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #716
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        So rice chex is better when you're looking eastward from a helicopter. Thanks for clarifying that point, LAU.
                        I think Marty Johnson took that from Life Flight.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • San Juan Sun
                          Kicked to the curb
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 9214

                          #717
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          So rice chex is better when you're looking westward from a helicopter. Thanks for clarifying that point, LAU.
                          ^^^ Varsity
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                          - Ty Cobb

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #718
                            Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                            Look, we're kind of talking about the Bad News Bears here. Sure, mpfunk is Tanner Boyle, and he wouldn't play SS for any other team in the league. But on the BNB, he's the man. wally is like Rudy Stein, and LAU is like the female pitcher. They have not found that kid that rides the Harley yet.
                            Wrong movie. You're killing me, SJS.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • Dwight Schr-ute
                              Members Only
                              • May 2011
                              • 4917

                              #719
                              View smack. By Saturday afternoon this place is going to be more Cougarboardy than Cougarboard. Can't wait!


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                              Comment

                              • San Juan Sun
                                Kicked to the curb
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9214

                                #720
                                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                I would give you The Sandlot if you weren't posting helicopter smack.

                                LA, all you have to do is say scoreboard. I bet you could even google images of recent scoreboard shots of Utah's victories. Go with your strengths, for crying out loud. You're welcome.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                                - Ty Cobb

                                Comment

                                Working...