Red Dead Redemption: BYU vs. Utah 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UVACoug
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 2685

    #661
    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    I think the problem is not in the communication, but in the entire system. I know, I know--we don't need another thread complaining about the HCO, but this is just another one of the consequences of externalizing moral consequences. You can't do it without inviting speculation.
    I don't have any problems with people complaining about the honor code, but that wasn't the complaint. The complaint I was responding to was about the communication.

    Comment

    • Cougarmandias
      Stringpuller to the stars
      • Apr 2011
      • 407

      #662
      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      I empathize with someone who has to be publicly scorned and disciplined, but one good thing about Bronco as the head coach is the players should be very clear that obeying the honor code is more important than anything a player can do on the field of play. The player has no excuses when it comes to what he has bought into.

      Also if we are winning I love the honor code. I love to throw it in other people's faces that we both win and are more righteous than anyone else doing it.
      You're cracking me up, because I secretly feel the same way.
      I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
      -smokymountainrain


      Menden Hall Hates Me.

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #663
        The "Holy War" is neither holy nor a war -- Voltaire
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #664
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          The "Holy War" is neither holy nor a war -- Voltaire
          I've also said something similar but more recently than Voltaire.

          I don't understand why people refer to this game as The Holy War. makes no sense.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Shaka
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 10450

            #665
            In the tradition of CB years ago I've composed this haiku:

            Blechen's immersion
            No attempt to save his soul
            Result is shrinkage

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #666
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Robbie Bullough tweeted this:

              Vaughn Kimball would have been BYUs qb in 1942, instead he joined the Navy and was sent to war.

              Before the Byu vs utah game he sent the following telegram:



              Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
              12-7, scoreboard!

              Comment

              • Cougarmandias
                Stringpuller to the stars
                • Apr 2011
                • 407

                #667
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                The "Holy War" is neither holy nor a war -- Voltaire
                SeattleUte: neither Seattle nor a Ute.*

                *While there is little doubt that SU is not a large Northwest urbanization, my second contention may be more controversial. But given the beatdown Ute fans are gonna take on Saturday, I feel like throwing them a bone. You're welcome, Ute fans.
                I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
                -smokymountainrain


                Menden Hall Hates Me.

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #668
                  Don't know if this has already been posted, but Seniorits has been posting his emails to the head coach of each of Utah's opponents this season. Here is this week's email:

                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #669
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    Don't know if this has already been posted, but Seniorits has been posting his emails to the head coach of each of Utah's opponents this season. Here is this week's email:

                    http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post21452
                    Senioritis continues to be the most overrated poster in message board history.

                    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • Katy Lied
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 9435

                      #670
                      Senioritis should be held up as the gold standard. 12 paragraphs of rivalry smack with no use of the words "hate," or "F*%&." But still witty, funny and filled with zingers. He is wasted at Utah.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #671
                        I hope to keep reading those each week. Hi-larious!!!!

                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Katy Lied
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 9435

                          #672
                          Hey Junkie, clean out your inbox.

                          Comment

                          • UVACoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 2685

                            #673
                            I think this whole baptismal video thing is much ado about nothing, but apparently the Associated Press and ESPN think it is newsworthy:



                            I have to say that the article doesn't make Kyle look that great.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #674
                              lol @ Portland ute for believing the dumb explanation for the baptism video.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • kccougar
                                9262
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7020

                                #675
                                Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                                I think this whole baptismal video thing is much ado about nothing, but apparently the Associated Press and ESPN think it is newsworthy:



                                I have to say that the article doesn't make Kyle look that great.
                                I find it interesting that a public acknowledgement by Utah/Whittingham actually appears to give some legitimacy to the BYU fan view of the event. Not sure that was the smartest move on their part.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                                Comment

                                Working...