Ziggy Ansah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #241
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Lol.

    So, you know football, but reading isn't high on your list of strengths.

    I guess that fits the bill.
    You want me to start listing your weaknesses?

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13981

      #242
      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      You want me to start listing your weaknesses?
      If that makes you happy, Coach, feel free.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • Jacob
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 6801

        #243
        I don't get why Coach is being so lame here. Do you really think that Ziggy suddenly learned how to play football when he became a starter? That is all that seems at issue here. Was Ziggy good enough to warrant more playing time at the start of this year. Considering how he finished the year, the answer is almost certainly "Yes!"

        But, as Indy points out, the argument may be unimportant as Ziggy already was playing substantial minutes to start the year. If Coach agrees, then just say so. But you just look bad here.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #244
          All this aside, does anyone know how he got the name Ziggy? I'd think Zeke would be a more natural nickname for him.

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #245
            Ziggy had 9 tackes, 2 for loss in his first 3 games of 2012. Prorated over 13 games, it's close to his production for the entire season.

            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Jacob
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 6801

              #246
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              All this aside, does anyone know how he got the name Ziggy? I'd think Zeke would be a more natural nickname for him.
              If he were American, Zeke would probably be the go-to nickname, maybe. But I'm guessing Ziggy is more natural in Ghana. In fact, sounds more natural for kids in America to say in place of Ezekiel.

              Comment

              • Green Monstah
                Royal Rooter
                • Aug 2010
                • 13981

                #247
                I wonder if it's because there was already a Zeke (Mendenhall) on the defense his sophomore year, so they went with Ziggy.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #248
                  Ziggy measured 6'5.25" and 274 at the senior bowl. I know how basketball does measurements but I have no idea who football does. Is this a barefoot number? With shoes? With cleats? just kidding about that last one.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #249
                    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    Ziggy measured 6'5.25" and 274 at the senior bowl. I know how basketball does measurements but I have no idea who football does. Is this a barefoot number? With shoes? With cleats? just kidding about that last one.
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php
                    Looking at the comments field, I'd hate to see what they'd say but about our most recent groups of OL.

                    Comment

                    • HBCoug
                      Peanut Gallery Asshat
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 2082

                      #250
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      All this aside, does anyone know how he got the name Ziggy? I'd think Zeke would be a more natural nickname for him.
                      I was always more partial to "Eazy." I'm just going to come out and say this...Zeke is a dumb idea for a nickname.

                      Comment

                      • San Juan Sun
                        Kicked to the curb
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 9214

                        #251
                        Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                        I was always more partial to "Eazy." I'm just going to come out and say this...Zeke is a dumb idea for a nickname.
                        I think HBCoug is a dumb name. So does my 9 year old son, Zeke.
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                        - Ty Cobb

                        Comment

                        • Harry Tic
                          I've Made a Huge Mistake.
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 1660

                          #252
                          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Looking at the comments field, I'd hate to see what they'd say but about our most recent groups of OL.
                          I like the Auburn TE whose body they describe as having "no definition at all." Makes me think maybe I might have had a shot to play on Sundays as well.
                          Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                          --William Blake, via Shpongle

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 38003

                            #253
                            Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                            I was always more partial to "Eazy." I'm just going to come out and say this...Zeke is a dumb idea for a nickname.
                            How is it any more dumb than any other shortened name? Samuel to Sam, James to Jim, etc.

                            The worst has to be Margret to Peggy. WTH?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25278

                              #254
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              How is it any more dumb than any other shortened name? Samuel to Sam, James to Jim, etc.

                              The worst has to be Margret to Peggy. WTH?
                              Richard to Dick?
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 38003

                                #255
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Richard to Dick?
                                That one has soured over time. But its still a closer match than Margret to Peggy.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...