Ziggy Ansah
Collapse
X
-
Fun read.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostArticle in SI.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...ig-thing-1.jpg
The Wyoming game from which the kickoff they talk about comes is on BYUtv. The kickoff comes at the beginning of the second half, at about 1:09:28. Ziggy is number 74, on the right side toward the middle off BYU's kickoff coverage.τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν
Comment
-
I think he moved up to 23 this week.Originally posted by Surfah View Post"They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.
Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Comment
-
So how long before the SI article is released to their website?
Comment
-
I'm pretty excited for him to be on NPR! That's going to make his stock soar.Originally posted by YOhio View PostI saw this link on CB. Pretty cool blog by the SI author.
http://www.jeffbenedict.com/index.ph...log/313--ziggyGet confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
Too bad there won't be any Mormons listening to that liberal dung heap of a radio station.Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View PostI'm pretty excited for him to be on NPR! That's going to make his stock soar.
Comment
-
Cool article in DesNews by Benedict:
I got chills reading this part:
Pretty awesome. Reminds me of Rogers old man hooping it up with Papa Fredette.With Ziggy, there is an undercurrent of destiny. Consider that Frei met Ziggy on a basketball court in Ghana. Their common love of basketball turned them into fast friends. The interesting thing is that Steve Young partnered with Engage Now Africa to build the sports court where Frei and Ziggy met. The school's headmaster, a Mormon, allowed the missionaries to play pick-up basketball games there. And Ziggy worked there as a teaching assistant.
I called Young while writing the Sports Illustrated story on Ziggy. The former BYU quarterback still keeps close tabs on the Cougars. So he's familiar with Ziggy. But he had no idea that the court he helped build in Ghana proved to be the meeting place between Ziggy and the Mormon missionaries.
"The idea that Ziggy's story began there is heartwarming to all of us," Young said.
Also, I am stoked to read Benedict's book. I can't wait to read about Van Noy in it."Nobody listens to Turtle."-Turtlesigpic
Comment
-
-
-
No. It's James Dehlin.Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View PostIsn't that his name?"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
Comment