U vs. Y '12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U vs. Y '12

Should be another good game. I suspect this will more closely resemble the '02/'07/'09/'10 iterations of this match-up than '06 or last year.

Both defenses are good, but I'm concerned about the potential absence of Rowe and Joe Kruger. Both offenses consist of 3-yard runs and 40-yard jump balls by QB's who have, uh, "good intangibles" (assuming Hays starts for Utah).
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    Should be another good game. I suspect this will more closely resemble the '02/'07/'09/'10 iterations of this match-up than '06 or last year.

Both defenses are good, but I'm concerned about the potential absence of Rowe and Joe Kruger. Both offenses consist of 3-yard runs and 40-yard jump balls by QB's who have, uh, "good intangibles" (assuming Hays starts for Utah).
    Without Rowe and Kruger, this defense will be seriously hampered. It's already without Blechen.

BYU should be able to move at will through the air with short pass patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      Without Rowe and Kruger, this defense will be seriously hampered. It's already without Blechen.

Boo. Take this somewhere else, you negative nelly.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        Boo. Take this somewhere else, you negative nelly.
        ??? Sounded like a positive porty to me!!!

Go Brigham Young Cougars!

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
          ha. Good one.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

How many turnovers will BYU give Utah? When I know that, I'll be able to predict the score.

Comment

Special thanks to YOhio and his mad photoshopping skills for another iteration of the rivalry banner.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post

I really hope it's not like the '02 game. That remains one of the worst football games I've ever attended. And not because of the result. It was just crappy football.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  How many turnovers will BYU give Utah? When I know that, I'll be able to predict the score.
                  I think that Utah will need at least one more major mistake made by BYU for the U to win. Mistakes are special teams gaffes, turnovers and defensive breakdowns that result in long TDs.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Special thanks to YOhio and his mad photoshopping skills for another iteration of the rivalry banner.
                    I don't want to brag but I got to see it a few days early, I felt very special.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      I don't want to brag but I got to see it a few days early, I felt very special.
                      Oh shush. You clearly want to brag.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Until BYU can not crap the bed against Utah in some fashion, I will continue to think Utah will win.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

When will we know about Kruger? Also, is there video of his punch? I never did see it on the broadcast.
                          Last edited by Donuthole; 09-08-2012, 10:12 PM.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                            Until BYU can not crap the bed against Utah in some fashion, I will continue to think Utah will win.
                            Can you and Portland go videotape your lesbian sex with each other?

You two lead the cooch coeffecient competiton here in the interwebs. Perhaps pelagius can write a cool formula but you too have coochie coochie coo written all over yoo!
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Oh shush. You clearly want to brag.
                              That's why I'm about to be translated.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X