U vs. Y '12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Colly Wolly
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1824

    #1486
    One thing to take solace in is the fact that the power structure in the BoT is shifting as the Utah guys die off. BYU is now the pipeline into church leadership. Maybe one of these guys will do some things on the sly to put BYU in a better place.

    This is tic, I want it understood I have not broken mentally/emotionally

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #1487
      Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
      Who wins in OT if the field goal is good?
      I say BYU just because our defense wins vs. their offense. I mean, yes, I did see our offense, but we were moving the ball ok there in the 4th (of course the 4th- that's when Riley wakes up from his nap).
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • venkman
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 2199

        #1488
        Thanks ute cuffers for being cool in the post game thread and not rubbing salt in our wounds. Or maybe you're just not back from the game yet?
        "Remember to double tap"

        Comment

        • Spicy McHaggis
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 178

          #1489
          Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          Bronco is above average and above average is going to piss off people that want excellent. The problem is that there are no excellent options for BYU head coaches.

          Doman is horrible. Anae was above average and I wish we would have been satisfied with above average, but we had to blame someone for our problems and Anae was the fall guy.

          The offense is a mess and now we don't even have a conference race to play for. My interest level is going to take a big hit again this year.
          Anae was very good. I don't know why byu fans weren't happy with him. He was better than Doman has been so far.

          Comment

          • Colly Wolly
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1824

            #1490
            Originally posted by Spicy McHaggis View Post
            Anae was very good. I don't know why byu fans weren't happy with him. He was better than Doman has been so far.
            Easily.

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #1491
              You know why BYU fans are so "obnoxious"? Because, speaking for myself, I want to win the game a little more than it appears the coaching staff does. No, I probably couldn't beat any of you here in a game of Madden, much less coach a college football game, but SHIT. Run another option, please. No, no, no play action, coach. We don't want to use our best weapons and potentially get the defense on their heels.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • The_Douger
                Athletic Supporter
                • Jun 2012
                • 5413

                #1492
                Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                I agree. Getting in the end one on 1st and 10 was a must.
                I mean, the first play was good, where Alisa went around the edge for 9 yards, but we took a bunch of time off the clock after that trying to run it in.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                Comment

                • The_Douger
                  Athletic Supporter
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 5413

                  #1493
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  You know why BYU fans are so "obnoxious"? Because, speaking for myself, I want to win the game a little more than it appears the coaching staff does. No, I probably couldn't beat any of you here in a game of Madden, much less coach a college football game, but SHIT. Run another option, please. No, no, no play action, coach. We don't want to use our best weapons and potentially get the defense on their heels.
                  What pisses me off is that we hardly even tried to challenge their 2 backup safeties.
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                  Comment

                  • Colly Wolly
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 1824

                    #1494
                    Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                    What pisses me off is that we hardly even tried to challenge their 2 backup safeties.
                    Agree. Not enough shots down field.

                    Comment

                    • The_Douger
                      Athletic Supporter
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 5413

                      #1495
                      Ugh, and that option.

                      Did they really think that would work?
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #1496
                        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        I think it is more what BYU can recruit.
                        You know what I find interesting about this comment? The fact that right now this team's two biggest weaknesses are o-line and QB. And among almost all the units on the field, those are the two where BYU just has no excuse for being subpar in recruiting. Maybe the o-line is simply a coaching issue, as the they seem to continually underachieve. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see them undergo the type of transformation the D did when Jaime got run.

                        But to me the biggest roadblock to this team being great is simply the QB position, and that just really frustrates me. Riley, god love him for how hard he works and his moxie, but to me there's just no reason for BYU to be fielding his type of talent level at the QB position. Just none. I'm not sure what's happened at that position, but it has been a total cluster. Given the type of LDS talent that is typically available, this just shouldn't be happening. And I don't know if it's our ability to evaluate the position, or develop these kids once they get into the program, or something else, but the fact that next year we'll be starting our third straight transfer and the second time in four years that we'll be relying on an underclassmen with precious little experience is extremely disconcerting to me.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • Green Monstah
                          Royal Rooter
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 13955

                          #1497
                          Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                          Agree. Not enough shots down field.
                          And that's the real downside of Riley. He doesn't have the gun to get it downfield.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                          Comment

                          • old_gregg
                            scaly man fish
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 16915

                            #1498
                            i'm really confused about how the magical underwear sign on the front row of the muss made it into the game.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #1499
                              Originally posted by venkman View Post
                              Thanks ute cuffers for being cool in the post game thread and not rubbing salt in our wounds. Or maybe you're just not back from the game yet?
                              There is absolutely no reason to rub salt in your wounds. Not only was that an incredibly ugly game, it was the most bizarre ending I've ever seen, be it in the stadium or on TV.

                              I'm just glad the good guys won.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              • Colly Wolly
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1824

                                #1500
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                You know what I find interesting about this comment? The fact that right now this team's two biggest weaknesses are o-line and QB. And among almost all the units on the field, those are the two where BYU just has no excuse for being subpar in recruiting. Maybe the o-line is simply a coaching issue, as the they seem to continually underachieve. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see them undergo the type of transformation the D did when Jaime got run.

                                But to me the biggest roadblock to this team being great is simply the QB position, and that just really frustrates me. Riley, god love him for how hard he works and his moxie, but to me there's just no reason for BYU to be fielding his type of talent level at the QB position. Just none. I'm not sure what's happened at that position, but it has been a total cluster. Given the type of LDS talent that is typically available, this just shouldn't be happening. And I don't know if it's our ability to evaluate the position, or develop these kids once they get into the program, or something else, but the fact that next year we'll be starting our third straight transfer and the second time in four years that we'll be relying on an underclassmen with precious little experience is extremely disconcerting to me.
                                We got Heaps. We got the best QB in the country. And instead of taking that talent, tempering it, molding it, teaching it competitive fierceness and posie, and ultimately utilizing it, we ran him off and went with a dude who is a less talented version of the kind of QB our OC was in college.

                                Comment

                                Working...