You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #736
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Looks like we're heading to the game in Boulder. Is there a good way to buy tickets that doesn't involve the scammy secondary ticket websites (StubHub, SeatGeek, Ticketmaster)? Man I hate those companies.
    See you there!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21142

      #737
      I was hoping to go to that game, and even booked a flight to Denver, but I recently canceled that reservation so I could use those points for a different flight. Sad.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37987

        #738
        Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

        The exorbitant fees are what make them scammy.
        Man, if there were only an honest ticket company out there. Like Ticketmaster.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • BigPiney
          Huge Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12366

          #739
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Looks like we're heading to the game in Boulder. Is there a good way to buy tickets that doesn't involve the scammy secondary ticket websites (StubHub, SeatGeek, Ticketmaster)? Man I hate those companies.
          Tickpick is supposed to be fee free. Not sure how prices compare but I have used them twice I think.

          Comment

          • beefytee
            Board eye candy
            • Mar 2009
            • 7542

            #740
            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

            Tickpick is supposed to be fee free. Not sure how prices compare but I have used them twice I think.
            I used them before and was happy. I don’t know if it is fee free, but they are a lot lower than the other sites. If you can find seats that work there, it is probably worth buying.

            Comment

            • Donuthole
              Official Outgayer
              • Nov 2008
              • 25268

              #741
              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

              See you there!
              I haven't bought my tix yet. Trying to decide if I should buy now, or wait until Colorado loses a couple games and demand is down. I'm down to meet up during halftime or sum' though, if you're into that sorta thing.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

              Comment

              • Pelado
                Bald not naked
                • Sep 2010
                • 21142

                #742
                I've got a flight still booked for the Texas Tech game. If it's an early kickoff, though, I'd miss at least part of the game. Decent chance that I won't be able to make it to the game anyway.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

                Comment

                • Clark Addison
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10310

                  #743
                  I expect both the location and opponent mean no board representation at ECU? Outside of Parrot Head, of course, who I assume will be there. Also, I assume he will remind me that Wilson, NC is pronounced "Wilt-sen".

                  If anyone is going , I know PH knows a good donut place that I always forget to go to.

                  Last ECU game was a bad experience for me, both athletically and personally, so here is hoping this one is better! I'll be there with a group of 35 or 40 from the Charlotte area. We will be tailgating so if anyone will by chance be there feel free and stop by for some food!

                  Comment

                  • Copelius
                    Maker of eyeballs
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 4061

                    #744
                    Tempting. I just did a quick check to see how cheaply I could get there and back. Less than 1k, including tickets first row behind the BYU bench.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                    Comment

                    • Pelado
                      Bald not naked
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 21142

                      #745
                      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      I expect both the location and opponent mean no board representation at ECU? Outside of Parrot Head, of course, who I assume will be there. Also, I assume he will remind me that Wilson, NC is pronounced "Wilt-sen".

                      If anyone is going , I know PH knows a good donut place that I always forget to go to.

                      Last ECU game was a bad experience for me, both athletically and personally, so here is hoping this one is better! I'll be there with a group of 35 or 40 from the Charlotte area. We will be tailgating so if anyone will by chance be there feel free and stop by for some food!
                      I am scheduled to travel in that general direction this week, but not quite that far.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #746
                        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                        I haven't bought my tix yet. Trying to decide if I should buy now, or wait until Colorado loses a couple games and demand is down. I'm down to meet up during halftime or sum' though, if you're into that sorta thing.
                        Downloaded my tickets yesterday! Are you there or not?
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25268

                          #747
                          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

                          Downloaded my tickets yesterday! Are you there or not?
                          We're definitely going. Haven't purchased tix yet. I gambled on a CU loss to Houston and that has paid off, as tix are much cheaper now than they were a week ago. Currently trying to decide if I think WYO will knock off CU at home, at which point tix would become dirt cheap, i think.

                          What side are you sitting on? Section?
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • myboynoah
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 21719

                            #748
                            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                            We're definitely going. Haven't purchased tix yet. I gambled on a CU loss to Houston and that has paid off, as tix are much cheaper now than they were a week ago. Currently trying to decide if I think WYO will knock off CU at home, at which point tix would become dirt cheap, i think.

                            What side are you sitting on? Section?
                            Bought through CC. Section 102.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21142

                              #749
                              I have re-booked flights and hotels now for both the Texas Tech game and the Big12 Championship game in Arlington. I did both the flights and hotels with refundable points, since I probably won't be able to go to either anyway and, for the title game, there's a pretty decent chance that BYU won't be playing in the game. But if I can go, I've already locked in affordable flights and lodging.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25268

                                #750
                                Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

                                Bought through CC. Section 102.
                                We are nearby. Just pulled the trigger on some seats in 103. Let's meet up!
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...