You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #196
    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for places to stay for the Michigan game? I currently have reservations at the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor North, about 4.5 miles from the stadium. I'm flying in Thursday night, so will have Friday to see all of the Ann Arbor/Detroit sites. I have thought about staying in downtown Detroit, but don't know it well to know which areas to avoid, and also have heard that downtown Detroit is mainly business, not a lot else to do. I may try to get something close to Comerica and hit the Tigers' game Friday night.
    If you stay on in Detroit on 8 Mile your board cred will skyrocket.

    Comment

    • Mormon Red Death
      BYU Delenda Est
      • Nov 2008
      • 8077

      #197
      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      Anyone have recommendations for places to stay for the Michigan game? I currently have reservations at the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor North, about 4.5 miles from the stadium. I'm flying in Thursday night, so will have Friday to see all of the Ann Arbor/Detroit sites. I have thought about staying in downtown Detroit, but don't know it well to know which areas to avoid, and also have heard that downtown Detroit is mainly business, not a lot else to do. I may try to get something close to Comerica and hit the Tigers' game Friday night.
      This is a good place to stay. Game Day traffic can be a bitch. spend your time in Ann Arbor. Go to zingerman deli. Park at the business school or the institute (doubtful there will be enough parking at the Lds institute. BTW the b school is across the street from the institute). See all the frat parties going on out side. my former bishop took his 13 year old son and a friend to a mich game once and parked at the institute. Since it's by all the frats there were tons of house parties going on. In wild eyed amazement his son said "this is college? I want to go here"
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

      "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

      Comment

      • Drunk Tank
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2569

        #198
        Tick and I are headed BYU v. SJSU this Friday. We are thinking of playing some golf Saturday morning before heading back home. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent course to play in the area? Anyone else headed that way who would care to join us?
        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

        Comment

        • PaloAltoCougar
          Semper infra dignitatem
          • Nov 2008
          • 16936

          #199
          Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
          Tick and I are headed BYU v. SJSU this Friday. We are thinking of playing some golf Saturday morning before heading back home. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent course to play in the area? Anyone else headed that way who would care to join us?
          Wish I could join you but the missus has other plans for me. If I were you, I'd consider Poppy Hills. It'd be a fairly convenient detour on the way home and it's been renovated. I really like the course. A bit pricey, but I think you get a break if you're NCGA.

          It's been a while since I've played either, but I also enjoyed Cinnabar Hills and San Juan Oaks, both just south of Jose.

          I was thinking of hosting a pre-game meal of tri-tip for bluegoose, SB and others, but had to back out. It's probably just as well as I would have certainly invited you two and would have been ashamed by my paltry efforts in contrast to the masters.

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11181

            #200
            BYU/Mizzou in KC has been replaced by Nebraska @ Rutgers for me this Saturday.. Significantly less expensive and my wife is 4 weeks away from delivery so she doesn't want me going far away if I don't have to. The positive is I'm taking my daughter to her first game.

            Comment

            • Omaha 680
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 11181

              #201
              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I'm likely taking my daughter to see Nebraska @ Rutgers on Saturday. Nebraska is 4-6 and Rutgers is 3-6. Rutgers has only sold out once this year vs. Ohio State (didn't even sell out Michigan State). Should I risk it with scalpers or lock up a couple of $25 seats on stubhub now?
              So I was mostly joking when I said this, but prices on Stubhub have gone from $25 to $45. There is a lot of inventory still so I'm banking they will drop quite a bit tomorrow morning. If not I will go to the game and empty handed and try my luck. I've never felt so alive!

              Comment

              • Bo Diddley
                Senior
                • Jul 2012
                • 18790

                #202
                Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                So I was mostly joking when I said this, but prices on Stubhub have gone from $25 to $45. There is a lot of inventory still so I'm banking they will drop quite a bit tomorrow morning. If not I will go to the game and empty handed and try my luck. I've never felt so alive!
                Living on the edge! I'll have to live vicariously through you this time around.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #203
                  Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  So I was mostly joking when I said this, but prices on Stubhub have gone from $25 to $45. There is a lot of inventory still so I'm banking they will drop quite a bit tomorrow morning. If not I will go to the game and empty handed and try my luck. I've never felt so alive!
                  omg you are taking a huge risk!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Omaha 680
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 11181

                    #204
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    omg you are taking a huge risk!
                    I know!

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11181

                      #205
                      I got seats on row 20 for 10 bucks below face. This ended up being about 30 bucks cheaper than seats 30 rows higher on stubhub. I probably could have gotten them cheaper too.

                      Also I just saw today that some are predicting Nebraska vs Florida State in the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec 26th. That is only 3 subway stops away from me!

                      Comment

                      • Paperback Writer
                        Signature won a Pulitzer
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 5211

                        #206
                        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        I got seats on row 20 for 10 bucks below face. This ended up being about 30 bucks cheaper than seats 30 rows higher on stubhub. I probably could have gotten them cheaper too.

                        Also I just saw today that some are predicting Nebraska vs Florida State in the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec 26th. That is only 3 subway stops away from me!
                        Did your sources mention whether Nebraska had to defeat Iowa in order to play in the Pinstripe Bowl?
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                        Comment

                        • Omaha 680
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 11181

                          #207
                          Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                          Did your sources mention whether Nebraska had to defeat Iowa in order to play in the Pinstripe Bowl?
                          We got this!

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #208
                            Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            I got seats on row 20 for 10 bucks below face. This ended up being about 30 bucks cheaper than seats 30 rows higher on stubhub. I probably could have gotten them cheaper too.

                            Also I just saw today that some are predicting Nebraska vs Florida State in the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec 26th. That is only 3 subway stops away from me!
                            no way! you were able to land tickets to an event the day of the event and below face to boot??? man, I have to try that!
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Omaha 680
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 11181

                              #209
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              no way! you were able to land tickets to an event the day of the event and below face to boot??? man, I have to try that!
                              My life is forever changed.

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #210
                                Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                My life is forever changed.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...