2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #706
    Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Comparing subjective terms like "special" is dumb. Whether it's Notre Dame or Idaho St, just win baby.
    Considering people bust out "mediocre" for BYU teams that have finished in the 20-25 range....

    IMO, "special" is a euphemism for "undefeated". Anything less than undefeated will have holes poked in it to justify it not being considered "special".
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • LA Ute
      Receiver of Memory
      • Nov 2008
      • 19512

      #707
      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      Comparing subjective terms like "special" is dumb. Whether it's Notre Dame or Idaho St, just win baby.
      Specialness is really special and should not be derided, especially by people who think it is subjective.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden


      "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


      "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #708
        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        Comparing subjective terms like "special" is dumb. Whether it's Notre Dame or Idaho St, just win baby.
        There is even something dumber than that.

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #709
          Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          Specialness is really special and should not be derided, especially by people who think it is subjective.
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          There is even something dumber than that.
          I'm dumb, I get it.

          I'm referring to the set schedule incidentally. I want to improve our future schedules in the worst way but as it stands in 2012 I think special is in the eye of the beholder. Win 'em all and leave no doubt.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #710
            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            I think special is in the eye of the beholder. Win 'em all and leave no doubt.
            I agree.

            Comment

            • LA Ute
              Receiver of Memory
              • Nov 2008
              • 19512

              #711
              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              I'm dumb, I get it.

              I'm referring to the set schedule incidentally. I want to improve our future schedules in the worst way but as it stands in 2012 I think special is in the eye of the beholder. Win 'em all and leave no doubt.
              [YOUTUBE]RmwqnqL3Hbg[/YOUTUBE]
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden


              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #712
                http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8827466

                With my sincereist apologies to those who are sick of me beating a dead horse, I post the above information.

                Maybe I could get it out of my system if I just went over to CB and told all those who said I was full of crap about interest and enthusiasm heading downhill to kiss my butt.

                Maybe an apology from Indy would be enough.

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #713
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8827466

                  With my sincereist apologies to those who are sick of me beating a dead horse, I post the above information.

                  Maybe I could get it out of my system if I just went over to CB and told all those who said I was full of crap about interest and enthusiasm heading downhill to kiss my butt.

                  Maybe an apology from Indy would be enough.
                  It takes a certain kind of fan who wants to deal with the bullshit you have to put up with to watch a game at Rice Chex.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #714
                    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    It takes a certain kind of fan who wants to deal with the bullshit you have to put up with to watch a game at Rice Chex.
                    LOL, I was thinking what excuse could someone come up with. That was the one I first thought of.

                    You really think it is worse now than say during the Wayne Howard days or a few years ago? Bronco has enabled BYU fans with a lot of things to whine about others not conducting themselves to our standards.

                    Comment

                    • Indy Coug
                      Heartless Bastard
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 18747

                      #715
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Bronco has enabled BYU fans with a lot of things to whine about others not conducting themselves to our standards.
                      I have no idea what the hell that means. As for what the status of ticket sales are for a road game that is nearly three months from now, that seems pretty irrelevant. Get back to me after Labor Day.
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

                      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                      Comment

                      • Eddie
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 8098

                        #716
                        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8827466

                        With my sincereist apologies to those who are sick of me beating a dead horse, I post the above information.

                        Maybe I could get it out of my system if I just went over to CB and told all those who said I was full of crap about interest and enthusiasm heading downhill to kiss my butt.

                        Maybe an apology from Indy would be enough.
                        It seems like your argument all along has been that people lose interest and won't attend the crap games. Are you saying that Utah is a crap game? Or are you saying that having some crap games make it so that people lose interest in the good games?

                        Maybe dropping BYU is best for Utah because they can't sell out their stadium when BYU is the opponent...

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #717
                          Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          It seems like your argument all along has been that people lose interest and won't attend the crap games. Are you saying that Utah is a crap game? Or are you saying that having some crap games make it so that people lose interest in the good games?

                          Maybe dropping BYU is best for Utah because they can't sell out their stadium when BYU is the opponent...
                          My argument is enthusiasm wanes and ticket sales go down at home and on the road, good and bad games. Maybe that is a good trade off though considering the added exposure.

                          I will bet the unsold BYU tickets are gobbled up by Ute fans and it will be a sell out. However, as Indy said, let's see what the situation is on Labor day.

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13976

                            #718
                            Serious summer time blues. I'm ready for CFB Season already.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • BYUMizzou
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 400

                              #719
                              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8827466

                              With my sincereist apologies to those who are sick of me beating a dead horse, I post the above information.

                              Maybe I could get it out of my system if I just went over to CB and told all those who said I was full of crap about interest and enthusiasm heading downhill to kiss my butt.

                              Maybe an apology from Indy would be enough.
                              Apparently the prices are $75 per ticket. Is that a significant increase over past years? I don't know the answer. I'm just asking the question.

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #720
                                Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                                Apparently the prices are $75 per ticket. Is that a significant increase over past years? I don't know the answer. I'm just asking the question.
                                That does seem like an awful lot for where those tickets are probably located. Trust the Utes to jack up prices for the BYU game.

                                Comment

                                Working...