2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #2506
    Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
    I watched Isaiah Mangale sucker punch a guy and leaving him bleeding and unconscious at midcourt. Those 3 brothers were thugs, they'd show up and intimidate and hurt people just for kicks.
    I played there at least weekly from the time I was 13 until 20 and during the summer almost every day. I probably saw 50 or more fistfights break out. Most of them very minor, but a few good size blow ups.

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18488

      #2507
      Did anyone link this whole video?

      [YOUTUBE]145q103YzRg[/YOUTUBE]

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #2508
        Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
        Ever heard of the Smith Field House? Or the RB?
        I spent plenty of time in those places playing ball, intramurals, etc.

        Nobody got in a fist fight. I'm fairly sure some guy went out in the parking lot and got in to it with a ref one night.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • New Mexican Disaster
          Suomalainen
          • Nov 2008
          • 4549

          #2509
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          I spent plenty of time in those places playing ball, intramurals, etc.

          Nobody got in a fist fight. I'm fairly sure some guy went out in the parking lot and got in to it with a ref one night.
          That was me.

          Comment

          • The_Douger
            Athletic Supporter
            • Jun 2012
            • 5413

            #2510
            Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            That was me.
            That ref deserved it. He sucked.

            If you were there for pickup games it could certainly be different than the intramurals scene.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

            Comment

            • USUC
              Chronic Poseur
              • Apr 2010
              • 8795

              #2511
              Growing up a hick, I got in my fair share of fist fights growing up. Nobody backs USUC into a corner! But everything changes once you turn 18 and criminal records come into account. Most of my high school friends didn't go to college, and neither did most of the type of kids I got into fights with. I got into minor scuffles during basketball games (including an unexpected headbutt that exploded my nose). If you are in college and in a high profile cfb program, you have no excuse for this type of crap.

              Comment

              • SCcoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7625

                #2512
                Stout was less than impressive getting taken down and handled by sailor hat boy.

                Comment

                • The_Douger
                  Athletic Supporter
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 5413

                  #2513
                  Ya, Stout was rolling around on the ground with a kid that weighed about 160 on top of him for most of the altercation..
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #2514
                    Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                    Ya, Stout was rolling around on the ground with a kid that weighed about 160 on top of him for most of the altercation..
                    Maybe his FB training kicked in and he was making sure the ref would notice the holding call.

                    Comment

                    • DU Ute
                      RIP CUF
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 7393

                      #2515
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Maybe his FB training kicked in and he was making sure the ref would notice the holding call.
                      lol
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13963

                        #2516
                        I don't see the big deal (okay suspend them for the season) There is more to this story (e.g. They were drunk or stoned). I'm glad no one got seriously injured, but I've dealt with similar brawls in church pickup ball.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • The Fourth Nephite
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 781

                          #2517
                          A BYU player I know told me he was at a Halloween party a year ago and saw Stout get into "about 5 fights" during that party.

                          He also feels real bad for Sampson. Says Sampson isn't a bad guy. He's had a tough life and football is really the only thing he has going for him.

                          Also, he says that Santos guy is a punk and an idiot.
                          "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #2518
                            Sucks to hear that about Sampson.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • TexTechCoug
                              Carbonite
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 891

                              #2519
                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Sucks to hear that about Sampson.
                              Sounds like he picked the wrong guy as a friend, unfortunate.

                              Comment

                              • Omaha 680
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 11182

                                #2520
                                Pink shorts took some serious shots and didn't really return any, but he was really sacrificing his body. Dude was flying all over the place.

                                Comment

                                Working...