Week 7 Open Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #46
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    You won't be awake by 9:30?
    Recognize.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #47
      Originally posted by USCoug View Post
      I'm not even going to bother with this.
      Praise Allah!

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #48
        Originally posted by USCoug View Post
        I'm not even going to bother with this.
        Are you happy with the Lane Kiffen hire and/or the job he is doing so far?

        If the answer is yes, (apparently for DDD the answer would be yes) I'm surprised and encouraged as a fan of SC that two people who follow them more closely than I do don't have a problem with the hire or his 8-5 season last year or that the way they've played so far this year. They look to have virutally no shot at a beating ND, Stanford and Oregon. Again, I'm not as diehard as you or DDD, but 4-5 loss seasons (I could see them easily losing to UW as well) don't cut it at SC as far as I'm concerned.

        USC is an absolute top notch job and I think they can do a lot better than hiring a guy who had two short stints as a HC previously and was bad to average at both stops. Based on what I've seen so far, he has yet to prove me wrong.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #49
          I love WAC football. So sloppy but so entertaining. The SJSU-Hawaii game has had about 10 total turnovers, a blocked PAT returned for 2, a pick 6 called back because of a clip 30 yards off the play and mental mistakes galore.

          Comment

          • BemidjiCoug
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 466

            #50
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Byu is 4-2 and they suck. Who has SC beat this year? Minnesota by 2? They are one of the worst teams in the country. Utah? Need I say more?
            Minnesota is the worst team in the country

            Comment

            • Donuthole
              Official Outgayer
              • Nov 2008
              • 25278

              #51
              ".......horizontically" -Desmond Howard
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #52
                I'm a fan of both Unis for Michigan and Sparty today. Very slick.

                Comment

                • doctorcoug
                  To Win is to Honor Him
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 2273

                  #53
                  That denard Robinson option read was a thing of beauty.
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                  "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                  Comment

                  • woot
                    Resident Science Cop
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5531

                    #54
                    Sigh. MSU is just better than Michigan, but it's still really frustrating to see the OC, with whom I've been very pleased so far, making such obvious mistakes.

                    MSU is blitzing both A gaps at least every other play, and yet Michigan is running inside zone reads to death, 5-WR sets on 3rd and long, and slow-developing play action on 4th and inches. Not to mention that when there are 40 mph winds, it's probably not a great idea to be throwing downfield constantly. Granted, MSU was clogging the middle, but Michigan could get the edge at will the few times they tried. My faith in Borges is shaken after today.

                    Comment

                    • BoylenOver
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 9146

                      #55
                      Come on Huskies! Beat those Buffs!
                      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                      Comment

                      • woot
                        Resident Science Cop
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5531

                        #56
                        Also, holy shit MSU is a dirty team. 13 penalties, including a punch in the face, a crotch kick, and a bottom-of-the-pile facemask grab and twist. William Gholston should absolutely be suspended for at least a game, and Dantonio should be made to defend the character of his team.

                        Even next year, I don't know if Denard will have enough talent around him to win the B10. Not to mention that I'm already looking forward to the post-Denard era. He's really fun to watch at times, but he's just not smart enough to beat a really well-coached defense, and has Heaps-like accuracy at times. I didn't see a single audible once he had signaled for the snap, which makes MSU's day really easy, and he just doesn't make good decisions with a lot of his throws.

                        I still think Michigan wins 9 or 10 this year, but this would have been a fun one to win.

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #57
                          45% of Texas's plays last week were for negative or no yards? Yeesh.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • woot
                            Resident Science Cop
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5531

                            #58

                            Comment

                            • woot
                              Resident Science Cop
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5531

                              #59
                              And one of those blatant late hits knocked Denard out of the game. Some kind of "torso injury". Fuck sparty.

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #60
                                woot, what are your thoughts on those jerseys?
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...