Week 7 Open Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 38003

    #16
    Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    Huh?
    Just waking up, BO?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #17
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Or life goals.
      Don't underestimate the genius of not having goals. The only people who fail in life are those who set goals.
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69752

        #18
        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
        Don't underestimate the genius of not having goals. The only people who fail in life are those who set goals.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Flattop
          Many books, little time
          • Jun 2009
          • 1452

          #19
          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
          The Buzz left the building a number of years ago when Ga. Tech threatened a lawsuit for copyright infringement.

          The excitement of the season may have left for those who are bandwagoners. Speaking for myself, I'm still pumped that the Utes are playing in a conference with better competition from top to bottom. Despite being 0-3, I like that I look at the schedule and see games that I could have only hoped would be OOC games last year. Next home game for the Utes is the team that the BYU plays this week. Fun times.
          This.
          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

          Comment

          • BoylenOver
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 9146

            #20
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Or life goals.
            One of my life goals: not waking up before 9:30 unless I have to.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 38003

              #21
              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              One of my life goals: not waking up before 9:30 unless I have to.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #22
                Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                One of my life goals: not waking up before 9:30 unless I have to.
                Don't you work graveyard shift?

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #23
                  Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Don't you work graveyard shift?
                  I started training for my new job a few weeks ago, and this week is the first time I'm working actual shifts. They've been evenings so far.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • dabrockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 10964

                    #24
                    *GASP*!! USC is playing on Thursday night!!

                    I thought only scrubs like WAC Teams, BYU, Boise St. etc only played on those days.. Where are the "Saturday Traditionalists" to show their outrage!!!

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69752

                      #25
                      Timpview vs. Springville tonight on KJZZ 14. Be sure to cheer the BYU prep squad vs. satan's team led by that godless Scott Mitchell.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • USCoug
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 249

                        #26
                        Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        *GASP*!! USC is playing on Thursday night!!

                        I thought only scrubs like WAC Teams, BYU, Boise St. etc only played on those days.. Where are the "Saturday Traditionalists" to show their outrage!!!
                        Do you watch football? USC has had a few Thursday games over the years. Big BCS teams play on Thursdays almost every week of the season.

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #27
                          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          *GASP*!! USC is playing on Thursday night!!

                          I thought only scrubs like WAC Teams, BYU, Boise St. etc only played on those days.. Where are the "Saturday Traditionalists" to show their outrage!!!
                          Nope, Wednesdays and Fridays are reserved for the teams you mentioned.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Timpview vs. Springville tonight on KJZZ 14. Be sure to cheer the BYU prep squad vs. satan's team led by that godless Scott Mitchell.
                            Still upset about that 1988 game in Salt Lake City? The '89 game didn't assuage those bad feelings? Is it because Mitchell didn't play in that game?
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • cougjunkie
                              *Banned*
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 23223

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Timpview vs. Springville tonight on KJZZ 14. Be sure to cheer the BYU prep squad vs. satan's team led by that godless Scott Mitchell.
                              Springville is terrible this year I expect a timpview beat down. (although the T-birds are not as good as normal)
                              *Banned*

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69752

                                #30
                                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                Springville is terrible this year I expect a timpview beat down. (although the T-birds are not as good as normal)
                                Springville had a horrible start, but they have looked better the past two games.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...