The Heaps Reclamation Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10449

    #361
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    We were sitting on the sides about 25 rows up from the team, watching heaps much of the game to see what he was doing, how he would react. He went over and congratulated the offense after scores, he spoke to players individually, he cheered and clapped. He was doing the right things (although I didn't see him talk to Riley once). He had his helmet on at the start of the game but my guess is that given how the offense was moving the ball, there was no legit shot to get into the game. If you noticed, he shadowed Lark the entire game. Lark had a ball cap on with a headset. I doubt Lark even brought a helmet onto the field. Doesn't mean he isn't interested in the game. Come on, now.
    I'm actually glad for your report. I couldn't see Jake very well. It's good that he's keeping his head in the game and having a good attitude. We all know Jake will most likely get his shot sometime before the end of the season. I think if he has a good attitude and pays attention he could learn a few things from Nelson.

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10449

      #362
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      I really get the feeling Apo doesn't want to be here anymore, and not just because Riley is playing QB.
      Do you think he's just disappointed with the offense in general? I think he's due for a breakout game. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Doman purposely seeks to get Apo more involved in next week's game.

      Comment

      • KillerDog
        a.k.a. K-dog
        • Feb 2009
        • 4196

        #363
        Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        Do you think he's just disappointed with the offense in general? I think he's due for a breakout game. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Doman purposely seeks to get Apo more involved in next week's game.
        He sure made an effort to get a reportedly disgruntled Wilson involved last night. The TE screen was cool.

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #364
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          I'm actually glad for your report. I couldn't see Jake very well. It's good that he's keeping his head in the game and having a good attitude. We all know Jake will most likely get his shot sometime before the end of the season. I think if he has a good attitude and pays attention he could learn a few things from Nelson.
          I was most interested in seeing if he would approach Nelson while the defense was on the field. But I never saw the two of them speak or high five or whatever. I definitely looked for it. It is also possible that I missed it, too.

          Riley continued to say the right things in post game. "I don't make personnel decisions," when asked about starting next week. I don't even think Jake was interviewed. Must have been a bittersweet night for him. Hopefully he learned some things by watching every snap from the sideline.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Shaka
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 10449

            #365
            Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
            He sure made an effort to get a reportedly disgruntled Wilson involved last night. The TE screen was cool.
            That was fun to watch. My favorite part was Brown's block. The play was well past him and he was still driving that guy backwards. I think the line is getting a lot of heat and the effort on this play was signal that they are getting the message.

            Comment

            • Shaka
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 10449

              #366
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I was most interested in seeing if he would approach Nelson while the defense was on the field. But I never saw the two of them speak or high five or whatever. I definitely looked for it. It is also possible that I missed it, too.

              Riley continued to say the right things in post game. "I don't make personnel decisions," when asked about starting next week. I don't even think Jake was interviewed. Must have been a bittersweet night for him. Hopefully he learned some things by watching every snap from the sideline.
              While we all have theories regarding the cool behavior the two QB's exhibit towards one another it would be a good thing if they could figure out how to develop a decent working relationship. Maybe we should summon one of CUF's resident mental health care professionals to provide some therapy.

              Comment

              • KillerDog
                a.k.a. K-dog
                • Feb 2009
                • 4196

                #367
                Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                That was fun to watch. My favorite part was Brown's block. The play was well past him and he was still driving that guy backwards. I think the line is getting a lot of heat and the effort on this play was signal that they are getting the message.
                Both Braden's on the o-line have a lot of "nasty" in them. They really like to hit people. I would love to see us run a bunch of screens to Braden Brown's side. His speed, balance and agility are impressive. Longer arms and he is a sure thing NFL prospect. He might be one anyway.

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13955

                  #368
                  Any word on how Heaps is handling the benching? I've been slammed at work and/or been out of town and haven't been able to follow the Cougs closely.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • Shaka
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 10449

                    #369
                    From Harmon: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...iors.html?pg=2

                    Heaps' situation could find a turning point on the plane trip home from Hawaii. Sooner than later, he'll have to say he'll stay at BYU and wait out the Riley Show, or leave to be developed elsewhere.


                    If Heaps leaves, there are some critical moves that should be made in the next 48 to 72 hours. If he is to enroll at another school, he must ask for a release from his scholarship and financial aid from BYU's athletic director Tom Holmoe . BYU does not stand in the way of athletes who want to transfer.

                    A release allows Heaps to openly be in contact with other schools and allows recruiters from those schools to contact him, recruit him, host him on recruiting trips and seal a deal.

                    The time issue here is interesting. BYU's fall semester ends in 14 days on Dec. 17. Many schools start the winter semester Jan. 4. That is 18 days for Heaps to get released, finish recruiting visits, make a decision and enroll in another Division I school where he'll have to redshirt but could get in spring practice to learn a new system.

                    Either way, whether he goes or stays, it is evident this is Riley Nelson's team.

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #370
                      Seattle Times is reporting Heaps is gonzo.

                      The user profile you're looking for could not be found.


                      Said possible destinations are Cal, USC, Washington and Washington State.

                      Funny enough I see him with the chance to start at one of those places and that is Cal.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • USUC
                        Chronic Poseur
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 8793

                        #371
                        The red and blue show is reporting that a Washington reporter is saying Heaps will transfer. I can't find the source though.

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #372
                          Man I hate being right.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • Flystripper
                            Degenerate Gambler
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14089

                            #373
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Seattle Times is reporting Heaps is gonzo.

                            The user profile you're looking for could not be found.


                            Said possible destinations are Cal, USC, Washington and Washington State.

                            Funny enough I see him with the chance to start at one of those places and that is Cal.
                            If I were heaps I would want to be coached by Tedford...just sayin
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #374
                              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              If I were heaps I would want to be coached by Tedford...just sayin
                              Me too. That's where I go if were him.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • MarkGrace
                                Grooveshark dick tease
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 31546

                                #375
                                Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                If I were heaps I would want to be coached by Tedford...just sayin
                                Same.
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                                Comment

                                Working...