OFFICIAL BYU vs. San Jose State Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tooblue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5137

    #481
    Originally posted by woot View Post
    Wow. Not the brightest bulb, eh?
    Well, he is an atheist.

    Comment

    • CJF
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 8497

      #482
      Originally posted by woot View Post
      Damn this game is boring.

      I see Nelson as a decent game manager type, but he's being asked to make a lot of downfield reads that he's not ready for. Still, he affords the coaches a chance to let Heaps watch somebody with a lot less talent perform a lot better.
      Has it been better? He runs better that Heaps by a long ways, but I don't think he's looked better overall throwing. And he's playing a very poor defense.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

      Comment

      • LiveCoug
        LA Ute loves me
        • Nov 2008
        • 18488

        #483
        Had they held on at Texas, this pathetic team could be 5-1 right now.

        Comment

        • Color Me Badd Fan
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 12519

          #484
          SjSu has Fouts era Chargers uniforms.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11182

            #485
            Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
            LOL @ the pink shoes...the ESPN production is making BYUs shoes look pink... lulz
            Geez, do you hate breast cancer patients, too?

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #486
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Had they held on at Texas, this pathetic team could be 5-1 right now.
              Had they not come back in every fourth qtr, they could be 1-5.

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #487
                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Had they not come back in every fourth qtr, they could be 1-5.
                Yup, tis true.

                But I think it's more hilarious that we could be 5-1 right now.

                Comment

                • USUC
                  Chronic Poseur
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 8795

                  #488
                  Quite a end of game conversation there for Bronco and Mike.

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #489
                    I really hope the fans don't gripe to much. I forget if I said this already, but I dont feel like a lecture.

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11182

                      #490
                      Quick story: One time I was playing an intramural basketball game at at BYU that went into overtime. My brother had a breakaway that would pretty much ice the game. He jumped off the wrong foot or something and the layup hit the bottom of the rim first. But somehow through pure luck it rolled up around the rim, hit the backboard and went in. He was so disgusted with himself he just glared at me rather than celebrate. Yeah, that's how the last two BYU football wins have felt to me.

                      Also, our offense looks like an intramural football offense.

                      Comment

                      • woot
                        Resident Science Cop
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5531

                        #491
                        Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Has it been better? He runs better that Heaps by a long ways, but I don't think he's looked better overall throwing. And he's playing a very poor defense.
                        He's made a lot of similar mistakes, but has also made some very nice throws. The competition sucks, but I don't think it's all that much worse than, say, USU. I think it'd be hard to say that Heaps would have performed this well.

                        None of this is to say that Nelson is a good QB. He's a stopgap at best.

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #492
                          No identity at all. Nelson and Alisa? Amazing.

                          If you'd asked me preseason if I would be happy with 4-2 at this point I would have unequivocally said yes. We are a horrible 4-2 team.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • Color Me Badd Fan
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12519

                            #493
                            The sex line commercial in the commercial break right after the end of the game was pretty nice. Now if we could only get an ashleymadison commercial during a game.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #494
                              That was seriously boring and did absolutely nothing in moving the team forward.

                              Comment

                              • Omaha 680
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 11182

                                #495
                                I won't even listen to the postgame stuff. Coachspeak is not something I need right now.

                                Comment

                                Working...