Utes show class

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #61
    If BYU ever beats Utah again, I will show class.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #62
      Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
      That speaks volumes about your friend, but don't paint the rest of us with that broad, crap-covered brush. I find that statement abhorrent and get angry when people use it.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • NorthwestUteFan
        אלוף
        • Oct 2010
        • 3384

        #63
        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        Having friends and neighbors with disabled children, I have spent a fair amount of time over the years with Special Olympics athletes. I am offended to the core when people use that phrase, "Even when you win you are still a retard...". It is appaling and disgusting.

        One neighbor had a Downs Syndrome kid. He was a little love machine, and was the sweetest little child I have ever known. He openly loved everybody he met and he had an innate ability to put a smile on the face of everybody in the room.

        Spoiler for for Creekster:



        I think of that little boy when people use that phrase and I take an extreme amount of offense to it. You might as well say something bad about my mother.

        I have no compunction in telling the fucker who uses that phrase what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is


        Don't take the ill-advised comment from one person and spread it across the entire group of fans.

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #64
          Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
          Having friends and neighbors with disabled children, I have spent a fair amount of time over the years with Special Olympics athletes. I am offended to the core when people use that phrase, "Even when you win you are still a retard...". It is appaling and disgusting.

          One neighbor had a Downs Syndrome kid. He was a little love machine, and was the sweetest little child I have ever known. He openly loved everybody he met and he had an innate ability to put a smile on the face of everybody in the room.

          Spoiler for for Creekster:



          I think of that little boy when people use that phrase and I take an extreme amount of offense to it. You might as well say something bad about my mother.

          I have no compunction in telling the fucker who uses that phrase what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is


          Don't take the ill-advised comment from one person and spread it across the entire group of fans.
          While I agree with the sentiment my emoticon referred to your supplication that we not paint Ute fans with a broad brush. Too funny, NUF.

          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • Flattop
            Many books, little time
            • Jun 2009
            • 1452

            #65
            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            While I agree with the sentiment my emoticon referred to your supplication that we not paint Ute fans with a broad brush. Too funny, NUF.

            Stereotyping is fun.
            Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
            Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
            Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

            Comment

            • NorthwestUteFan
              אלוף
              • Oct 2010
              • 3384

              #66
              Nice try, but mine are brass.

              But then again you live in West Jordan, so maybe that explains your inability to differentiate.

              Comment

              • Blueintheface
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 15382

                #67
                Originally posted by Flattop View Post
                Stereotyping is fun.
                Swing and a miss. Keep trying, you'll figure it out.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #68
                  Originally posted by Flattop View Post
                  Stereotyping is fun.
                  Step off.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • Flattop
                    Many books, little time
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1452

                    #69
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Step off.
                    {Sarcasm}
                    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                    Comment

                    • Flattop
                      Many books, little time
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 1452

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      Swing and a miss. Keep trying, you'll figure it out.
                      Wild pitch.
                      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #71
                        Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                        Nice try, but mine are brass.

                        But then again you live in West Jordan, so maybe that explains your inability to differentiate.
                        I have no idea what that means but it sounds like another broad brush stroke.

                        Boy, you guys are sure good at giving advice that you seldom follow.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #72
                          Did anyone else see the Ute players doing the Haka before the game? They showed it on ESPN. I wasn't offended. I'm sure LAU, Scorcho, NWUF and Flattop were beside themselves.

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #73
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Did anyone else see the Ute players doing the Haka before the game? They showed it on ESPN. I wasn't offended. I'm sure LAU, Scorcho, NWUF and Flattop were beside themselves.
                            They were probably taught the sacredness of the ritual in the locker room.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • LA Ute
                              Receiver of Memory
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19512

                              #74
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Did anyone else see the Ute players doing the Haka before the game? They showed it on ESPN. I wasn't offended. I'm sure LAU, Scorcho, NWUF and Flattop were beside themselves.
                              I think it's dumb and gives extra motivation to the opposing team but it doesn't offend me. Stiil, I'm touched by your concern for my feelings, you warthog faced buffoon.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden


                              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                              Comment

                              • YOhio
                                Hipster Mode
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26165

                                #75
                                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                I think it's dumb and gives extra motivation to the opposing team but it doesn't offend me. Stiil, I'm touched by your concern for my feelings, you warthog faced buffoon.
                                I'm not concerned about your feelings, except to the extent that I want you to feel bad and horrible.

                                Comment

                                Working...