Holy War 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #61
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I am as biased as anyone, but I'll take a road win over an SEC team over a home win over DII team any day.
    D-II? Montana State is Div. I-AA, thank you very much.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69689

      #62
      Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
      Was the addressed to my comment or are you just emoting, sir? I think the lack of offensive production is a concern for both teams. Defenses both look stout. Agree?


      Wrong thread. My bad.

      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #63
        Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
        Phil Steele shows Utah's Strength of Schedule at #33 and BYU's at #95

        http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2011.../DBJuly18.html
        Just thought I'd repeat this for you, since junkie forgot to respond to the main part of your post.

        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        We will kill you in football this year. KILL YOU.
        It's so deflating when you come up with irrefutable logic like that.

        Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        I'll be honest. I'm still pissed about November.
        It is not PC to admit such things here. Even so, as a gesture of good will I'll also admit that I'm still upset about that overtime loss in 2009. Not to mention that Luke Staley really did fumble In 2001.
        Last edited by LA Ute; 09-04-2011, 05:30 AM.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • Viking
          Banned
          • Jun 2009
          • 6470

          #64
          What's funny about calling this game a "holy war" is that in my limited experience in Utah and with Utes, I've unequivocally have found the LDS Utes to be far more orthodox than BYU grads, and it's not even close.

          This should be more akin to the "Civil War" in Oregon but for the SLC burnouts and resent-ers that have to blame their ills on Mormons. This dynamic, btw, has always boggled the mind. I prefer to not do biz with Mormons, so I don't. Move.

          Comment

          • DU Ute
            RIP CUF
            • Dec 2008
            • 7393

            #65
            Originally posted by Viking View Post
            What's funny about calling this game a "holy war" is that in my limited experience in Utah and with Utes, I've unequivocally have found the LDS Utes to be far more orthodox than BYU grads, and it's not even close.
            I'll chalk this up to a small sample size.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

            Comment

            • OrangeUte
              Max Hall hates me.
              • Nov 2008
              • 2294

              #66
              Originally posted by Viking View Post
              What's funny about calling this game a "holy war" is that in my limited experience in Utah and with Utes, I've unequivocally have found the LDS Utes to be far more orthodox than BYU grads, and it's not even close.

              This should be more akin to the "Civil War" in Oregon but for the SLC burnouts and resent-ers that have to blame their ills on Mormons. This dynamic, btw, has always boggled the mind. I prefer to not do biz with Mormons, so I don't. Move.
              I have a feeling you are just moments away from realizing that the earth revolves around the sun / not that the sun revolves around you. Way to impute your own experience to everyone else.

              Comment

              • MartyFunkhouser
                Disciple of RNGesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 18747

                #67
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Sorry but if you haven't noticed we are not playing a 1-AA team and a team I guarantee is not bowl eligible in our first two games. We are actually playing a traditional SEC power and one of the most storied programs in college football history.

                Bigger fish to fry, we will focus on Utah when the time comes. But I can understand why the Utes would want to look so far ahead.
                I'm going to go ahead and hack BoylenOver

                Utah should schedule Harvard so that I can claim that Utah is playing a traditional national power.

                You would think that a traditional SEC power could muster a SEC title in the past 47 years. Maybe, I'm not being fair, they did win their division back in 2003.

                No wonder this game against such an SEC power is clearly a better game than Utah at USC.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #68
                  Since I'm a Ute fan, and my interest in BYU largely doesn't extend far beyond the head-to-head match-up, here's a great in-depth Texas analysis on BYU:

                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • U-Ute
                    Non member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 2071

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    After last night's game, are there still fans here who think that they may not want to play BYU in the future so your schedule isn't too difficult? I've always found that line or reasoning pathetic. It's a shame A.D. Hill was saying it not too long ago on the radio.

                    You only play 12 games a year and you want to waste one on a team like Montana St?
                    This isn't schedule smack, as I am fully aware of some of the pathetic games BYU has scheduled. But to consider not playing your rival because your schedule might be too hard? Please. No more talk of needing a warm-up game or difficult conference schedules. If the BYU-Utah rivalry is ever not played, it will be a shame and whoever makes the decision is a coward and an idiot.

                    Don't ever let that happen.
                    Montana State ended up on the schedule after Iowa State begged out after least year's prison life experience.

                    There are only so many options available less than a year out.

                    Comment

                    • LA Ute
                      Receiver of Memory
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19512

                      #70
                      Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                      Montana State ended up on the schedule after Iowa State begged out after least year's prison life experience.

                      There are only so many options available less than a year out.
                      Facts like that are so...devastating to ill-considered smack talk.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden


                      "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                      "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                      Comment

                      • New Mexican Disaster
                        Suomalainen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4549

                        #71
                        I think there is a lot less drama and build up now that the game has moved to early in the season. Am I the only one feeling this way?

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #72
                          Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                          I think there is a lot less drama and build up now that the game has moved to early in the season. Am I the only one feeling this way?
                          If both teams win on Saturday, I'm sure there will be a lot of build-up.

                          But you're right, by virtue of it being in week 3 (and not week 13), there's considerably less time for build-up.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #73
                            Interesting list of current NFL rosters, showing the number players (after cuts) from each university.

                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • cougjunkie
                              *Banned*
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 23223

                              #74
                              Rivalry week has begun. Eat shit and die Ute fans. I hope you enjoy starting 1-2.
                              *Banned*

                              Comment

                              • BlueHair
                                Boom Bitches!!!
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2894

                                #75
                                Everything points to a low scoring game, so it'll probably be a shootout.
                                Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                                Comment

                                Working...