The Pac-12 participation thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • originalsocal
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1632

    #856
    Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    Utah Football: cheering for moral victories since every year except 2004 and 2008.
    FIFY

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #857
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      Utah Football: cheering for moral victories since 2011.
      BYU, completely irrelevant except for 1984.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #858
        Kinda tough to get over those 4 consecutive losses, eh Cougs?
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • San Juan Sun
          Kicked to the curb
          • Dec 2009
          • 9214

          #859
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          BYU, completely irrelevant except for 1984.
          You're relevant if you are still playing football in late December
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

          - Ty Cobb

          Comment

          • San Juan Sun
            Kicked to the curb
            • Dec 2009
            • 9214

            #860
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            Kinda tough to get over those 4 consecutive losses, eh Cougs?
            No doubt it's hard to lose 4 straight against the School That Got It Done.

            Didn't you guys used to be a basketball school? How's that working out for you?
            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

            - Ty Cobb

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69723

              #861
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              Kinda tough to get over those 4 consecutive losses, eh Cougs?
              You have no idea.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #862
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                What irony. BYU can't even beat Utah. Did you enjoy your game against Utah? against Wisconsin last week? That's what you would experience every week in the Pac 12. And this just goes to show you how much your wins over Houston et al. mean. They mean nothing. zero. Nobody cares. At least Utah has one win that matters and a chance to get another one this week. At least Utah has been in the game every week.
                Truth.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • San Juan Sun
                  Kicked to the curb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9214

                  #863
                  Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Truth.
                  Never has so little been celebrated by so many.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                  - Ty Cobb

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #864
                    Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                    No doubt it's hard to lose 4 straight against the School That Got It Done.

                    Didn't you guys used to be a basketball school? How's that working out for you?
                    Utah had a great run in hoops for about 5 seasons 15 years ago. Will they ever get there again? Perhaps, but not likely.

                    But it's not like the Y is where Utah once was, ya know?
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #865
                      Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                      Never has so little been celebrated by so many.
                      Like in hoops?
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69723

                        #866
                        Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        Truth.
                        Ha. And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • San Juan Sun
                          Kicked to the curb
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 9214

                          #867
                          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                          Like in hoops?
                          Have Utah fans been celebrating Utah basketball mediocrity too? I must have missed that thread.
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                          - Ty Cobb

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #868
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            You have no idea.
                            I agree. Those years when BYU was winning 8 or 9 in a row, Utah's teams sucked.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #869
                              Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                              Have Utah fans been celebrating Utah basketball mediocrity too? I must have missed that thread.
                              Yeah, that's what I meant.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              • San Juan Sun
                                Kicked to the curb
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9214

                                #870
                                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                                Utah had a great run in hoops for about 5 seasons 15 years ago. Will they ever get there again? Perhaps, but not likely.

                                But it's not like the Y is where Utah once was, ya know?
                                Good point. Despite 25+ win seasons and perennially being in the NCAAs, we should ignore how crappy Utah basketball is... because BYU isn't crapping the bed against Kentucky in a national championship game. Great logic.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                                - Ty Cobb

                                Comment

                                Working...