2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16937

    #2146
    The prospect of Hoffman, Apo and Chambers running routes through a Lilliputian secondary is intriguing.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #2147
      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      Because the upside of Nelson has been reached. There is no more potential in Nelson. Heaps has reached the upside of Nelson, and has more potential.
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      3. Same reasons I have been stating all along, Riley has never been able to move the ball in practice and he has padded stats against crappy teams. I think Jake stays and proves his worth in the spring and hopefully it finally clicks for him.
      I hope you two are right, but Bronco's public comments seem to indicate that he'll stick with Nelson next year.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #2148
        I didn't know Falslev wasn't on scholarship. I really like that kid.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • PaloAltoCougar
          Semper infra dignitatem
          • Nov 2008
          • 16937

          #2149
          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          I didn't know Falslev wasn't on scholarship. I really like that kid.
          I do too, although I have to block out the searingly hot rage I felt when he muffed the KO against Utah. Except for that one horrific miscue, he's been very dependable and an exciting player to watch.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #2150
            Jay Drew just tweeted that Josh Quezada's 20-year old brother died over the weekend in a car accident. Sad.

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #2151
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Jay Drew just tweeted that Josh Quezada's 20-year old brother died over the weekend in a car accident. Sad.

              http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com...otball/244133/
              Extremely sad. God bless him and his family.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #2152
                Wow, really awful news for Juice.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • USUC
                  Chronic Poseur
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 8793

                  #2153
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Wow, really awful news for Juice.
                  What a tragedy. My heart goes out to him and his family. Losing family members so young is devastating.

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #2154
                    So sad.

                    How far apart are he and juice in age I wonder? Shouldn't juice be pushing 20 as well?
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Portland Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 5647

                      #2155
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      1. I see some depth issues at DE and I think if Hinds does not serve a mission (he is already 19) he will play DE mainly due to us having a serious need.
                      I've heard that Hinds will serve a mission. It was not first-hand. It was second hand. Take it for what it's worth. This was also as a month and a half ago.

                      Comment

                      • Portland Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 5647

                        #2156
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Jay Drew just tweeted that Josh Quezada's 20-year old brother died over the weekend in a car accident. Sad.

                        http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com...otball/244133/
                        Awful.

                        Condolences to the Quezada family.

                        Comment

                        • Shaka
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 10449

                          #2157
                          Doman was just on Hans and O.C. He stated that Riley practiced yesterday participating in everything but team drills and is throwing the ball around much better than expected. Will graduate to team drills in next couple of days. Doman also stated that the rib injury will not hold Riley back from the game, only the lung may prevent him from flying. They will do scans tomorrow and Monday to see how he's healing.

                          Doman discussed that he doesn't want to be the one who sets the precedent that it's ok for a starter to lose his job after an injury that only affects him for a couple of games and that Riley has earned the job.

                          Jake also received praise regarding his play the last couple of games. Doman repeated his previous comment about Jake slowly changing from a thrower to a passer stating, using baseball terms, that now he's starting to be able to throw change-ups and sliders in addition to his fastball. The deep ball is still a work in progress.

                          I'd also like to state that I feel horrible for Juice and his family. The get my condolences.

                          Comment

                          • Shaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 10449

                            #2158
                            According to Jay Drew Nelson has been cleared to fly to Hawaii.

                            Comment

                            • Tone Loc
                              Junior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 475

                              #2159
                              Oh snap! Hawaii has no idea what's coming!

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #2160
                                Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Doman was just on Hans and O.C. He stated that Riley practiced yesterday participating in everything but team drills and is throwing the ball around much better than expected.
                                Sweet maybe he will end up like this kid,

                                Comment

                                Working...