2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #841
    Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    My nephew is almost 6'9" and my brother is 5"10 and his wife is 5'7"


    Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
    How tall is the mailman?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #842
      I read something the other day saying Hadley could press Ogletree for his starting job by this fall.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #843
        Im sure part of bronco's love for Spencer is because he is his use of kid. Much like Andrew Rich, when asked to run through a wall, he would respond, "how fast". He is also the type of kid who likely only needs to be shown something once, to get it. Though quite nice and almost quiet off the field, he can be a little nasty on it. His dad is a dairy farmer, so all the Hadleys know what it means to work. Again, the best comp, I can think of, is Andrew Rich.

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #844
          Sorensen is drawing comparisons to Rich as well. It will be nice having two Andrew Rich's out there.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Goatnapper'96
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10924

            #845
            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Im sure part of bronco's love for Spencer is because he is his use of kid. Much like Andrew Rich, when asked to run through a wall, he would respond, "how fast". He is also the type of kid who likely only needs to be shown something once, to get it. Though quite nice and almost quiet off the field, he can be a little nasty on it. His dad is a dairy farmer, so all the Hadleys know what it means to work. Again, the best comp, I can think of, is Andrew Rich.
            I know he will be one of my favorites, but I still think it a stupid use of scarce resources to have him play this year. Ogletree and Jorgenson are experienced and adequate at worst. Barring injuries, better to RS Spencer and Stout and preserve their elgibility. What is BYU going to get more out of: Stout and Hadley as sophmores playing mostly special teams next year or Stout and Hadley as RS seniors starting together for the second straight year in 2014?

            Think how much better BYU would have been in 2008 had Brian Kehl still had another year of elgibility. Does anyone think redshirting Kehl in 2005 would have had any sort of impact on the results of the 2005 team?
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

            Comment

            • Goatnapper'96
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10924

              #846
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Sorensen is drawing comparisons to Rich as well. It will be nice having two Andrew Rich's out there.
              This isn't really surprising. Sorenson was a pretty sought after safety prospect coming out of HS.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

              Comment

              • Art Vandelay
                Striving for mediocrity
                • Jul 2009
                • 10516

                #847
                Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                I know he will be one of my favorites, but I still think it a stupid use of scarce resources to have him play this year. Ogletree and Jorgenson are experienced and adequate at worst. Barring injuries, better to RS Spencer and Stout and preserve their elgibility. What is BYU going to get more out of: Stout and Hadley as sophmores playing mostly special teams next year or Stout and Hadley as RS seniors starting together for the second straight year in 2014?

                Think how much better BYU would have been in 2008 had Brian Kehl still had another year of elgibility. Does anyone think redshirting Kehl in 2005 would have had any sort of impact on the results of the 2005 team?

                Comment

                • BigPiney
                  Huge Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12366

                  #848
                  Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                  This isn't really surprising. Sorenson was a pretty sought after safety prospect coming out of HS.
                  I am very excited for Sorenson. If he is playing this well and does indeed start next year, he will be a Soph and I would love to have that safety position locked up for 3 years.

                  Comment

                  • Katy Lied
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 9435

                    #849
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Projected 2 deep next year:

                    QB- Heaps, Lark, Munns
                    RB- Diluigi, Quezada
                    FB- Kariya, Mendenhall
                    WR- Hoffman, Chambers, Hafoka
                    WR- Apo, Jordan Smith
                    WR- Jacobsen, Phillips, Falslev
                    TE- Mahina, Holt, Matthews,
                    LT- Reynolds, Kahaiai'li, Anae
                    LG- Hansen, Vaitai
                    C- Brown, Tushaus
                    RG- Reynolds, Thorson
                    RT- B. Brown, Yeck

                    DE- Putnam, Kaumatule (I think he plays from Day 1)
                    DE- Manumaleuna, Bryson, Rowley
                    DT- Fuga, Richardson, Tausinga
                    OLB- Pendelton, Frazier
                    OLB- KVN, Atkinson, Wagner
                    MLB- Kaveinga, Jorgensen, Leung-Wai
                    MLB- Ogletree, Stout, Keoshian
                    CB- Eason, Buckner, Hadley
                    CB- Everett, Aguirre, Gaines
                    FS- Galea'i, R. Nelson, Uale
                    SS- Sampson, J. Johnson

                    PR- Falslev, Jacobsen
                    KR- Hoffman, Phillips
                    K- Sorensen
                    P- Stephenson

                    (not sure all the missionaries coming home so this may adjust based on returning missionaries and if Stout, and a few others leave on missions)
                    I'm getting excited. Our team is gonna be sooo awesome that our two deep is three deep.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #850
                      Jordan Johnson looks really fast in this video.
                      http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=6764940
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #851
                        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        I'm getting excited. Our team is gonna be sooo awesome that our two deep is three deep.
                        I am pretty excited myself. I had an offer to buy my tickets this year and with the home schedule we have, normally it would be a no brainer.

                        However, this could be a pretty dang fun team to watch no matter how bad the competition is and so I probably will keep them.

                        I hope they aren't so good I get tempted to travel to not only Texas, but also TCU and OSU.

                        Comment

                        • EuropeanFootballMale
                          Karate/Friendship Master
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 1339

                          #852
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post

                          I hope they aren't so good I get tempted to travel to not only Texas, but also TCU and OSU.
                          I hope you won't be offended if I hope they are. It's nothing personal.

                          Comment

                          • byu71
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22070

                            #853
                            Originally posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
                            I hope you won't be offended if I hope they are. It's nothing personal.
                            Not at all. In reality my statement was pretty stupid. Of course I want them to be really, really good.

                            Comment

                            • USUC
                              Chronic Poseur
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 8791

                              #854
                              I was curious to see what the play calling would look like under Doman. Apparently he'll be putting Heaps under center more.

                              "I want BYU fans to feel like we are attacking, and through the air," Doman said in the final days of spring camp. "I want them to feel like this is the BYU offense of old, and that we are going to throw the football a lot, like we used to do."

                              Specifically, Doman said, fans can expect more bootlegs, more play-action passing, and perhaps even the old draw-trap play.

                              One of the most noticeable wrinkles that Doman added this spring was having his quarterback line up under center more, rather than in the shotgun formation that former coordinator Robert Anae favored.

                              "That is by design primarily because of who is playing quarterback [sophomore Jake Heaps] right now," Doman said. "He is good at it. It suits his talents, and it also allows us to be more effective in the play-action game. With him in the shotgun, we are not quite as effective in the run game, we are not quite as effective in play-action."


                              Music to my ears. It'll be interesting to see how Doman handles this first year.

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #855
                                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                His dad is a dairy farmer, so all the Hadleys know what it means to work. Again, the best comp, I can think of, is Andrew Rich.
                                I can understand Bronco's love for farming kids. They do know how to work. My first greenie was from the farm. I didn't have to trade getting up with him at 5:30 every other week because that was like sleeping in for him. Although only out 1 month later than me, he showed me the respect I deserved and always said, yes Elder or I will Elder.

                                That being said, Rich's dad belongs to the same Country Club I do. Perhaps Bronco should go after Country Club kids too.

                                Comment

                                Working...