The Official BYU vs Utah rivalry thread........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #781
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Jerome Brooks: "I hate BYU. I hope they go home crying".


    Think the media will even care about this? Do you think Ute fans will think it is inappropriate and demand he apologize to BYU fans?
    I could give two shits.

    I will take BYU's future over what the utes have in store all day long.

    Brooks should hate BYU.


    What a whiff by Mehina. He didn't even know he had the edge? WTF.

    Comment

    • DapperDan
      Whut?
      • Mar 2010
      • 1132

      #782
      Originally posted by fusnik View Post
      Ok, now we are just piling on. The only dude on the planet who couldn't tell Bradley's ass was on the mat thinks it was the wrong call.

      Absolutely right call during the game.
      I said it was bad at the time.

      And as much as I don't like the replay call I saw no angle that conclusively showed that Bradley was both down and had possession of the ball. I'm certain that he was down and had possession, but the officials were hamstrung by the call on the field and lack of indisputable evidence.

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #783
        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Jerome Brooks: "I hate BYU. I hope they go home crying".


        Think the media will even care about this? Do you think Ute fans will think it is inappropriate and demand he apologize to BYU fans?
        I will be interested to hear LAUte's response, he was certainly interested in commenting on any and every post about Max Hall's comments last year.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #784
          OK, enough time has passed. Congrats Utes, nice win.

          I hope the era of holding Jake Heaps back is now over also.

          Comment

          • DapperDan
            Whut?
            • Mar 2010
            • 1132

            #785
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Hall rarely if ever audibled to a pass. You really cant understand why anaerobic didn't pass when you're in chip shot fg range with a frosh qb against utahs secondary in that environment? Do you remember detmer vs iowa ?
            When did 40 yards become chip shot range?

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #786
              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              I wish our players would STFU. And I heard Martinez got in Payne's face at the end. It's embarrassing.
              Not just in Paynes face, he was pushing him off the field, until a coach got involved. But so what, no harm no foul.

              If you think Wynn looked better after getting pulled, I think that is a statement to how bad he sucks, cause he wasn't better the second go round, and I say that with all due respect.

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #787
                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                I could give two shits.
                Oh, I couldn't care less either, but the way ute fans collectively got the panties all in a bunch about Max Hall, I'd like to think that they would be appalled by Brooks comments as well. It only makes sense.

                Comment

                • FMCoug
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 6825

                  #788
                  Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  I thought Helmet to Helmet was correct but I think they missed the horse collar on Wide
                  Same here. I don't think the helmet to helmet was intentional though. Just an agressive play that he got too high.
                  "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                  Comment

                  • fusnik
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4475

                    #789
                    Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    I wish our players would STFU. And I heard Martinez got in Payne's face at the end. It's embarrassing.
                    Its not embarrassing, its called a rivalry game.

                    Brooks saying he hates BYU is to be expected, you hate your in-state rival.

                    Martinez getting in Payne's face was stupid but the game is so emotional and physical and rewarding when you win, these things are understandable during times of elation.

                    They are 19-26 year old people, I know people in their 30's and 40's who act way more immature during rec league games.

                    Comment

                    • frank ryan
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12350

                      #790
                      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      BYU played their guts out. They are a 9-win team next season, and will probably be better.

                      Utah didn't deserve to get those two breaks on the last TD drive, but with all of the breaks BYU's had over the years, we were due.

                      Wynn looked a lot better after getting benched. And for whatever reason, that got the ground game going.

                      Question for those at home: the helmet-to-helmet hit and the possible horse-collar on Wide. Were those called correctly? I don't know.

                      BYU has a lot to be proud of.
                      Congrats on a good season

                      Comment

                      • LiveCoug
                        LA Ute loves me
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18488

                        #791
                        Honestly, I was depressed for about 5 minutes. Now I feel fine. We are 6-6 and we played a helluva game with some very stupid gifts that did us in. No big deal.

                        Comment

                        • All-American
                          Right, as Usual
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 15664

                          #792
                          Caught the game. Congratulations to the Utes. It was another exciting, down-to-the-wire comeback game. BYU's been on the good end of a bunch of them, and Utah has been on the good end of a bunch of them. Both teams have plenty to be proud of and to which to look forward.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                          Comment

                          • San Juan Sun
                            Kicked to the curb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9214

                            #793
                            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Hall rarely if ever audibled to a pass. You really cant understand why anae didn't pass when you're in chip shot fg range with a frosh qb against utahs secondary in that environment? Do you remember detmer vs iowa ?
                            Chip shot? What game were you watching?
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                            - Ty Cobb

                            Comment

                            • SCcoug
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7625

                              #794
                              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Honestly, I was depressed for about 5 minutes. Now I feel fine. We are 6-6 and we played a helluva game with some very stupid gifts that did us in. No big deal.
                              I agree. With the way the year started this doesn't feel like a sucker punch like the Utes experienced in 06 and 07.

                              Comment

                              • BoylenOver
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9146

                                #795
                                Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                                I agree. With the way the year started this doesn't feel like a sucker punch like the Utes experienced in 06 and 07.
                                I didn't think 2007 was a sucker punch.
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...