BYU v SDSU Open Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CJF
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8497

    #166
    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
    I didn't see it, but Greg Wrubell did and he said it was definitely a penalty, so I don't know what you're bitching about.
    Case closed!
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

    Comment

    • thesaint258
      aka Benito Hazard
      • Jan 2009
      • 3005

      #167
      Originally posted by CJF View Post
      I agree that OC sold it, but I disagree on the amount of contact. If that call had been on Logan with the situation reversed I would be livid.
      It's interesting how we all watched the same broadcast but have different perspectives. I would've been mad that Logan had his arm around the receiver at such a critical time.
      Not that, sickos.

      Comment

      • SCcoug
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 7625

        #168
        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        You are really going to trust Wrubell's opinion on a questionable call going BYU's way?
        Lol, pretty sure pellegrino's post was TIC. Everyone know Wrubell is a homer.

        Comment

        • CJF
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8497

          #169
          Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
          I didn't see it, but Greg Wrubell did and he said it was definitely a penalty, so I don't know what you're bitching about.
          I just watched it again. The DB has his hand on OC's elbow, but it's not a PI. He made a good play on the ball and really just beat OC to the spot. I'll say this again also. If it had been Logan or Bradley in the opposite situation where BYU needed a stop to win and get that flag, Wrubell would be ripping the call.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #170
            Props to the Cougars. That has got to feel good. I didn't see or hear any of it (working today - - but it looks like a different set of players showed up today, attitude-wise. Good for them.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • Hot Lunch
              Out of Office
              • Nov 2008
              • 7842

              #171
              Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Lol, pretty sure pellegrino's post was TIC. Everyone know Wrubell is a homer.
              I am pretty sure mine was TIC as well. I know enough about BYU football to know Wrubell is a homer.
              "Take it to the Bank"

              Comment

              • CJF
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 8497

                #172
                Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                It's interesting how we all watched the same broadcast but have different perspectives. I would've been mad that Logan had his arm around the receiver at such a critical time.
                He didn't have his arm around him. He had his hand on his elbow. When the ball is thrown the db breaks on the ball and knocks it down. He doesn't interfere with OC's ability at all to get to the ball in any way. The db has every right to touch OC and he has the right to the ball.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #173
                  Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  I am pretty sure mine was TIC as well. I know enough about BYU football to know Wrubell is a homer.
                  I don't know about that.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Hot Lunch
                    Out of Office
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7842

                    #174
                    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    I don't know about that.
                    I really am trying to forget though.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #175
                      KVN getting some good buzz on CB. How did he look?
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • Maximus
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 6017

                        #176
                        Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Honestly, if I'm an SDSU coach, player or fan, I'd be walking funny after this game. The refs bent SDSU over on two major impacting plays. I'd be pissed.
                        And we got hosed on the fumble before. Bad calls both ways, makes it even.

                        Comment

                        • thesaint258
                          aka Benito Hazard
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 3005

                          #177
                          Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          He didn't have his arm around him. He had his hand on his elbow. When the ball is thrown the db breaks on the ball and knocks it down. He doesn't interfere with OC's ability at all to get to the ball in any way. The db has every right to touch OC and he has the right to the ball.
                          Yeah he did. If he's on OC's right side and has his left hand on OC's left elbow, he has his arm around him.
                          Not that, sickos.

                          Comment

                          • Maximus
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 6017

                            #178
                            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            Yep. That PI was awful.
                            How? He pushed him down and was pushing him the whole way.

                            Comment

                            • Maximus
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 6017

                              #179
                              LEt me guess, there will be someone who blames Heaps for something, and said he didnt play well. Has that already happened?

                              Comment

                              • Hot Lunch
                                Out of Office
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7842

                                #180
                                Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                How? He pushed him down and was pushing him the whole way.
                                Go watch the play again without your blue glasses and then come back and discuss. See CJF'post about it. He broke it down as good as you can.

                                Of course you and others think it was a great call. You are BYU fans.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

                                Comment

                                Working...