BYU vs Nevada thread.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #16
    Game's tomorrow and no posts in this thread for three days?

    I watched part of the Nevada Cal game and that's it and haven't looked at any of Nevada's stats, though I hear their offense is on fire.

    I'm sorry but I just can't accept the fact that Nevada is favored in Provo. I don't care what year it is.

    I expect Cougs to win this game.

    We'll score a lot of points. I hope Heaps can play within the offense and not try to do too much and keep his composure.

    I expect the D to give up a lot of points but come up with enough big plays to stop a few drives and give us the chance to win.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #17
      I just pray we can actually complete a pass more than 7 yards downfield for a change.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • Solon
        Lost in the flood
        • Nov 2008
        • 5747

        #18
        Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        I'm sorry but I just can't accept the fact that Nevada is favored in Provo. I don't care what year it is.
        The line is moving too (4.5 when I last checked). I guess a lot of people are putting their money on NV.

        I also think the byu wins. It can be really hard to score in Provo

        (which is why I always drove up to Squaw Peak).
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14094

          #19
          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Game's tomorrow and no posts in this thread for three days?

          I watched part of the Nevada Cal game and that's it and haven't looked at any of Nevada's stats, though I hear their offense is on fire.

          I'm sorry but I just can't accept the fact that Nevada is favored in Provo. I don't care what year it is.

          I expect Cougs to win this game.

          We'll score a lot of points. I hope Heaps can play within the offense and not try to do too much and keep his composure.

          I expect the D to give up a lot of points but come up with enough big plays to stop a few drives and give us the chance to win.
          We better win in a shootout because there is no way our defense holds this Nevada team to less than 35.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • statman
            Rabblerouser
            • Aug 2009
            • 2799

            #20
            Most of y'all proabably already know - but it's not been posted in this thread. ONeal Chambers got suspended for two games. Won't play or practice until after Utah State...

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12381

              #21
              Originally posted by statman View Post
              Most of y'all proabably already know - but it's not been posted in this thread. ONeal Chambers got suspended for two games. Won't play or practice until after Utah State...
              Means Cody Hoffman and Spencer Hafoka need to have a nice game. The tight ends do too.

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37988

                #22
                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Means Cody Hoffman and Spencer Hafoka need to have a nice game. The tight ends do too.
                I've been thinking about this. We've got a total of ZERO receivers that instill any kind of confidence. Even Jacobsen and Ashworth have been horrible. Not a good starting point.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • frank ryan
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12381

                  #23
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I've been thinking about this. We've got a total of ZERO receivers that instill any kind of confidence. Even Jacobsen and Ashworth have been horrible. Not a good starting point.
                  On paper this receiving corp looked tall and deep. Apo, gone for the year and take out Chambers, suddenly we don't look so deep or physical. Mckay been absolutely absent this year and Ashworth has not stepped up. This is going to be a long year. DiLuigi has been the best pass catcher, I wouldnt have foreseen that a month ago.

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Solon View Post
                    The line is moving too (4.5 when I last checked). I guess a lot of people are putting their money on NV.

                    I also think the byu wins. It can be really hard to score in Provo

                    (which is why I always drove up to Squaw Peak).
                    This deserves
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • Bastage
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 298

                      #25
                      Was anybody listening to Gunther and Jan today when they were talking to the reporter from Reno? The reporter said Nevada has a DE that runs a 4.08 forty.

                      4.08. Pshhht. Please.

                      Deion Sander's forty time was a 4.1.

                      Comment

                      • Jacob
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 6801

                        #26
                        Is Thomas playing at safety? didn't he suffer a concussion last week?

                        Comment

                        • RC Vikings
                          Known Heterosexual
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8789

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Bastage View Post
                          Was anybody listening to Gunther and Jan today when they were talking to the reporter from Reno? The reporter said Nevada has a DE that runs a 4.08 forty.

                          4.08. Pshhht. Please.

                          Deion Sander's forty time was a 4.1.
                          A 4.1 is impossible. I wish I could find the article but someone timed Ben Johnson's first 40 at Seoul and it was something like 4.3.

                          Football season is around the corner, so it's time for yet another 40 yard dash post. You just can't get away from the 40 yard dash "trash talk" when

                          Comment

                          • Hsaru
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1109

                            #28
                            Comparing 40 times of olympic athletes is useless, reacting to the gun adds .24 seconds to your time instead of self starting like the NFL's 40 yard dash.

                            The fastest ever recorded NFL combine 40 yard dash is Chris Johnson at 4.24.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #29
                              40 times are impressive. They really come in handy for the portion of the game when all the players line up side by side at the goal line and race towards midfield untouched, without pads, and in a straight line. If Gunther is correct, BYU is going to get killed during that portion of the game.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Hot Lunch
                                Out of Office
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7842

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Bastage View Post
                                Was anybody listening to Gunther and Jan today when they were talking to the reporter from Reno? The reporter said Nevada has a DE that runs a 4.08 forty.

                                4.08. Pshhht. Please.

                                Deion Sander's forty time was a 4.1.
                                Both Gunther and Jan called BS on it. They said he may be fast but he ain't 4.08 fast.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

                                Comment

                                Working...