BYU vs Nevada thread.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1

    BYU vs Nevada thread.......

    time to move on from FSU.

    Need to get the O-line back healthy both Reynolds and Terrence Brown are banged up.

    Also Andrew Rich is pretty banged up as well, we will need him against UNR.

    One thing in watching Nevada they do not have a lot of deception in their run game. They run read option but that is about it, different beast than Air Force not quite as hard to prepare for. This is a game where your best athletes need to be on the field.
    *Banned*
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #2
    anyone know how all the MRIs came back for the 4 injured?

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #3
      I'm interested to see Kaepernick. He has slaughtered some teams this year, and he seems like that type that is going to give us absolute fits.

      What are the chances Jake gets his first start this week?
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • Katy Lied
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 9435

        #4
        I think Jake is starting, and playing. BYU still loses, but everyone is heartened by the future.

        Comment

        • USUC
          Chronic Poseur
          • Apr 2010
          • 8792

          #5
          What are the chances Nevada overlooks this game? Probably not very high. But I can hope...

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #6
            Nevada is going down.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Katy Lied
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 9435

              #7
              Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
              What are the chances Nevada overlooks this game? Probably not very high. But I can hope...
              Their next game after BYU is UNLV. What's to look forward to?

              Comment

              • USUC
                Chronic Poseur
                • Apr 2010
                • 8792

                #8
                Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Their next game after BYU is UNLV. What's to look forward to?
                Another 52 point beat down?

                Comment

                • FN Phat
                  I ♥ gateway sex
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 8691

                  #9
                  Good luck.
                  I'm your huckleberry.


                  "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #10
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    time to move on from FSU.

                    Need to get the O-line back healthy both Reynolds and Terrence Brown are banged up.

                    Also Andrew Rich is pretty banged up as well, we will need him against UNR.

                    One thing in watching Nevada they do not have a lot of deception in their run game. They run read option but that is about it, different beast than Air Force not quite as hard to prepare for. This is a game where your best athletes need to be on the field.
                    Wearing blue should help Brown's confidence. The white was not a flattering look for him.

                    Comment

                    • jay santos
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 13652

                      #11
                      It's not going to happen. But I'd like to see Nelson start and play most of this game. Nevada's the kind of team Nelson can score on. And I think Heaps will end up stopping himself with bad throws and turnovers. I love Heaps, and he will have his day but I'd rather not dedicate a Saturday to watching him get his ass kicked in the name of experience.

                      Comment

                      • Flystripper
                        Degenerate Gambler
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14089

                        #12
                        Heaps and Nelson would both score points in this game. BYU just won't be able to keep pace no matter who is playing behind center.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

                        Comment

                        • Jacob
                          Junior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 6801

                          #13
                          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          It's not going to happen. But I'd like to see Nelson start and play most of this game. Nevada's the kind of team Nelson can score on. And I think Heaps will end up stopping himself with bad throws and turnovers. I love Heaps, and he will have his day but I'd rather not dedicate a Saturday to watching him get his ass kicked in the name of experience.
                          I'm not clear why its more likely that Heaps would stop himself with bad passes and turnovers than it is that Riley would do the same.

                          I'd rather watch Heaps, growing pains or not.

                          Comment

                          • Jacob
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 6801

                            #14
                            It's official. Heaps is starting and finishing for the rest of the season!

                            Sucks for Riley. Shoulder surgery. Hope he has a quick recovery. Medical redshirt and a year to move to another position?

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14089

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              It's official. Heaps is starting and finishing for the rest of the season!

                              Sucks for Riley. Shoulder surgery. Hope he has a quick recovery. Medical redshirt and a year to move to another position?
                              http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=14397
                              well at least we don't have the Nelson vs Heaps debate. Now I am officially worried about our backup situation if Heaps gets hurt though.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              Working...