Originally posted by jay santos
View Post
BYU vs Nevada thread.......
Collapse
X
-
Bronco can quit complaining about being booed his first game and now complain about being booed in this game.
Comment
-
1. 4th down call inexcusable.
2. 3rd down call on that same drive great throw by Heaps, drop by Kariya inexcusable.
3. 4th down later in the game where BYU gave up their only sack, missed block by Kariya inexcusable.
4. Luke Ashworth getting any reps at WR, inexcusable.
To be honest I thought we found something late in the 1st half against Nevadas D and had receivers open for the remainder of the game. I like the potential of this team and I think we are just going to continue to get better.
7-5 or 8-4 is my prediction.
Shane Hunter still sucks, in fact all of our middle linebackers suck. It all does not help that we have faced 4 running qbs in our first 4 games, and it will be 5 once we play Utah State.*Banned*
Comment
-
I watched the MLB in the second half and I think Stout is catching on. In fact I think he is likely to be the best performing true freshman on the team. He is starting to remind me of David Nixon as a true freshman.Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post1. 4th down call inexcusable.
2. 3rd down call on that same drive great throw by Heaps, drop by Kariya inexcusable.
3. 4th down later in the game where BYU gave up their only sack, missed block by Kariya inexcusable.
4. Luke Ashworth getting any reps at WR, inexcusable.
To be honest I thought we found something late in the 1st half against Nevadas D and had receivers open for the remainder of the game. I like the potential of this team and I think we are just going to continue to get better.
7-5 or 8-4 is my prediction.
Shane Hunter still sucks, in fact all of our middle linebackers suck. It all does not help that we have faced 4 running qbs in our first 4 games, and it will be 5 once we play Utah State.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
We have now lost to the 25th, 26th, and 29th ranked teams. Sagarin has our schedule as the 4th hardest to date. Considering how much new talent is being broken in and how jacked up the coaching has been this season, I am not that down on this year.
The first half was certainly sucked. The D ends were biting on the hand off reads and closing in faster than they should have, which led to us getting torched on the edges again. The linebackers taking bad angles when trying to stop the QB from getting outside just exacerbated the DE play in the first half. I still don't understand most of the coverage calls for the secondary (3rd and 5 and we have CB's 10 yards off the line and back peddling at the hike of the ball).
The second half, adjustments were made and the D only gave up 3 points in the second half. The offense moved the ball in the second half and made it into the red zone 3 times but produced 3 points. Removing the shitty play calling in those situations and those results scream young offense to me. Heaps will calm down. I remember Beck over shooting his WR early in his career and Hall holding the ball too long and getting sacked blindside for fumbles. Heaps still needs to find a go to and someone needs to step up and claim that roll. Beck had Harline. Hall had Collie and then Pitta. Heaps has ?. Everyone is bitching about Heaps fades, but I tell you what. I would rather him throwing a yard OB than under-throwing for interceptions.
JJ is going to be the heart of the offense this year and I don't know he will last if he gets the amount of touches he should.
Anyway, I saw a lot in the second half that gave me hope for the future.
Comment
-
Considering that the first half sucked as bad as it did and we had a chance to make it 21-14 going into half, gave me some hope too.Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View PostThe first half was certainly sucked.
We aren't good right now, but I'm not convinced we are bad either. I'm keeping an open mind through USU.Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
A guy on TBS found his blog and wrote a comment, which got deleted. Then he emailed him this:Originally posted by nikuman View PostI want the nutsack of #62 on Nevada hanging on a sharp stick by the end of the game, soaked in pitch and set alight.
:swear: What a douche. Wish someone had roughed him up."I made eye contact with your boy Romney before I cut him, he saw me, I've ran that play all season,
you can blame it on his lack of film study, you can blame it on his lack of effort on his pass rush that he was the first guy turning
around trying to fall into the play, you can blame it on him not getting out of the way when we made eye contact, but don't blame
me for playing this game that I love with passion and playing physical the way that I am coached to. ThanksJohn BenderPS In case you missed it Nevada is
ranked #25 in the nation."
Comment
-
That's a pretty strange response that might come back to bite him, but I do think some BYU fans are hyperbolizing about the situation. The hit was illegal, but not too far from being legal. I've seen many examples of obvious cheap shots, but I don't think this one is clear cut.Originally posted by SCcoug View PostA guy on TBS found his blog and wrote a comment, which got deleted. Then he emailed him this:
:swear: What a douche. Wish someone had roughed him up.
Comment
Comment