BYU vs Florida State thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #61
    Wow the line opened at FSU -6.5 and has jumped to -9.5 to -10.0. The wise guys and/or sharps must be laying a lot of money on FSU (rightfully so in my opinion).

    Comment

    • Hot Lunch
      Out of Office
      • Nov 2008
      • 7842

      #62
      Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      Wow the line opened at FSU -6.5 and has jumped to -9.5 to -10.0. The wise guys and/or sharps must be laying a lot of money on FSU (rightfully so in my opinion).
      I thought the line opened at -13.5.
      "Take it to the Bank"

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #63
        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I thought the line opened at -13.5.
        I haven't seen 13.5 anywhere

        On covers.com it shows and opening of 6.5 then a quick movement. It jumped 3 points in 45 minutes. I'm sure the professional bettors pounced on FSU at whatever casino opened that low.

        Vegas Insider doesn't show as much movement since it opened.

        Comment

        • DapperDan
          Whut?
          • Mar 2010
          • 1132

          #64
          A truly excellent preview of the game:


          Comment

          • beefytee
            Board eye candy
            • Mar 2009
            • 7542

            #65
            Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            The one thing I notice:

            The good news is that BYU doesn't use the no-huddle like Oklahoma did.
            BYU had done some no huddle this year, IIRC.

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #66
              Originally posted by beefytee View Post
              The one thing I notice:



              BYU had done some no huddle this year, IIRC.
              That is all we did against Washington.
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • beefytee
                Board eye candy
                • Mar 2009
                • 7542

                #67
                Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                After reading those articles (between several interruptions), I'm very excited about this game. My heart is already racing. I wish I was going to it.

                Comment

                • Art Vandelay
                  Striving for mediocrity
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10516

                  #68
                  What channel number (on Direct) is the game on. I have football and soccer games to watch today. I need to program my DVR from my phone.

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    What channel number (on Direct) is the game on. I have football and soccer games to watch today. I need to program my DVR from my phone.
                    ESPNU (208) at 2:30 CT.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #70
                      I wish I shared Surf's optimism about this game. I have an ominous feeling, perhaps it is just the rain here though.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #71
                        Brandon Doman said Jake Heaps will be "cut loose" against FSU.
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • Clark Addison
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10314

                          #72
                          Update from Tallahassee. We have arrived. The official tailgate is in the basement of the civic center. It is lame so far. I haven't seen anyone I know. I am trying to get my 17 year old son to get his picture taken with the cheerleaders, but he is resistant. The most exciting event so far is that my son saw the new boyfriend of his ex-girlfriend. He lives in Utah, so this was unexpected. I am trying to convince him that we should go over and instigate a fight, but he again is resistant.

                          Five minutes until Cosmo's arrival, so maybe things will pick up then.

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #73
                            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            I wish I shared Surf's optimism about this game. I have an ominous feeling, perhaps it is just the rain here though.
                            It's the rain.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Update from Tallahassee. We have arrived. The official tailgate is in the basement of the civic center. It is lame so far. I haven't seen anyone I know. I am trying to get my 17 year old son to get his picture taken with the cheerleaders, but he is resistant. The most exciting event so far is that my son saw the new boyfriend of his ex-girlfriend. He lives in Utah, so this was unexpected. I am trying to convince him that we should go over and instigate a fight, but he again is resistant.
                              Get some Archer Farms in him, he'll loosen up.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #75
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                Get some Archer Farms in him, he'll loosen up.
                                LOL. That will never get old.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...