If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Let's really turn this thing into Michigan/Ohio State, not just in the fierceness of the rivalry, but in the quality of the programs.
We get to be Ohio St
"I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Let's really turn this thing into Michigan/Ohio State, not just in the fierceness of the rivalry, but in the quality of the programs.
Both schools have a ways to go in terms of overall quality athletic programs, with both UM and OSU regularly winning national championships in some sport or another.
I would describe the current quality of the overall programs as being less Michigan/Ohio State and more Central Michigan/Miami of Ohio
You want to be the cheating cheaters? No way. I'd rather be Michigan.
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
You want to be the cheating cheaters? No way. I'd rather be Michigan.
tOSU has 8 BCS bowls (including 3 title games) and 7 Big Ten titles in the last 10 years. Michigan? 3 BCS bowls, 2 Big Ten titles, and 2 seasons where they didn't qualify for a bowl game. And Ohio St's won 9 of the last 10 rivalry games.
"I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
tOSU has 8 BCS bowls (including 3 title games) and 7 Big Ten titles in the last 10 years. Michigan? 3 BCS bowls, 2 Big Ten titles, and 2 seasons where they didn't qualify for a bowl game. And Ohio St's won 9 of the last 10 rivalry games.
If those are the spoils of cheating, I say cheat cheat cheat (just not enough to get us more than a 1 year postseason ban).
As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
--Kendrick Lamar
tOSU has 8 BCS bowls (including 3 title games) and 7 Big Ten titles in the last 10 years. Michigan? 3 BCS bowls, 2 Big Ten titles, and 2 seasons where they didn't qualify for a bowl game. And Ohio St's won 9 of the last 10 rivalry games.
When you put it like that, go Buckeyes! (Plus, they didn't lose to BYU in the Holiday Bowl.)
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
Both schools have a ways to go in terms of overall quality athletic programs, with both UM and OSU regularly winning national championships in some sport or another.
I would describe the current quality of the overall programs as being less Michigan/Ohio State and more Central Michigan/Miami of Ohio
I'm not saying we are Michigan/Ohio State, but merely hoping we have been annointed to become such.
If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.
"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.
"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn
You want to be the cheating cheaters? No way. I'd rather be Michigan.
And have our greatest run of success wiped clean from the public eye because of a rogue booster, as Michigan had in hoops with Ed Martin and the Fab Five?
No thanks. The bottom line is everyone cheats to varying degrees.
EDIT: Saw that Il Pad changed his tune. Good save.
Both schools have a ways to go in terms of overall quality athletic programs, with both UM and OSU regularly winning national championships in some sport or another.
I would describe the current quality of the overall programs as being less Michigan/Ohio State and more Central Michigan/Miami of Ohio
Your comparison is as far off as the UM/tOSU comparison.
i'm just starting to read this information, having been out of commission for a few days except to browse headlines.
what is the limit, if any, for the conference network? my understanding is that the pac12 will own it's own network independently. assuming that they can get distribution (i don't foresee a situation like the mtn struggling to get picked up) in the states, that should bring in several million more per year per school - maybe 2-5 million each school once the network is up and running and the bugs are worked out and it starts generating a profit.
the part of the independently owned network that's so exciting is the international possibilities. with loads of foreign students in asia, you have to believe that a pac12 network that highlights olympic sports year round will also have a draw in asia. maybe not a huge draw, but a draw nonetheless. i've heard that this is in larry scott's vision as well, and i like the sound of it.
utah is doing very well for itself. way to go dr. hill.
i'm just starting to read this information, having been out of commission for a few days except to browse headlines.
what is the limit, if any, for the conference network? my understanding is that the pac12 will own it's own network independently. assuming that they can get distribution (i don't foresee a situation like the mtn struggling to get picked up) in the states, that should bring in several million more per year per school - maybe 2-5 million each school once the network is up and running and the bugs are worked out and it starts generating a profit.
the part of the independently owned network that's so exciting is the international possibilities. with loads of foreign students in asia, you have to believe that a pac12 network that highlights olympic sports year round will also have a draw in asia. maybe not a huge draw, but a draw nonetheless. i've heard that this is in larry scott's vision as well, and i like the sound of it.
utah is doing very well for itself. way to go dr. hill.
Since the most important aspect of all of this is how it will affect ME, I'll just add that I am very excited about the PAC-12 digital network. If I understand it correctly, we will be able to watch just about any Utah football or basketball game via the Internet. There will be a fee -- that's fine with me! After decades of having to struggle to watch Utah sports, I finally will have come to the promised land.
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Since the most important aspect of all of this is how it will affect ME, I'll just add that I am very excited about the PAC-12 digital network. If I understand it correctly, we will be able to watch just about any Utah football or basketball game via the Internet. There will be a fee -- that's fine with me! After decades of having to struggle to watch Utah sports, I finally will have come to the promised land.
yes yes yes! while i differ with you on excitement for the southern division (the utes clearly belonged in the north, closer to ME!), I am more excited than i have ever been about anything because every single Ute football and basketball game will be broadcast for ME to watch! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!! THANK YOU, LARRY SCOTT, FOR THINKING ABOUT ME!!!!!
btw - i will be at the colliseum and also at at&t park for football games this year. you?
yes yes yes! while i differ with you on excitement for the southern division (the utes clearly belonged in the north, closer to ME!), I am more excited than i have ever been about anything because every single Ute football and basketball game will be broadcast for ME to watch! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!! THANK YOU, LARRY SCOTT, FOR THINKING ABOUT ME!!!!!
btw - i will be at the colliseum and also at at&t park for football games this year. you?
Yessir! I look forward to meeting you. (The USC game may be a problem if it ends up on Sunday, but I am choosing to believe that the NFL and its players will work out their differences before this fall.)
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Yessir! I look forward to meeting you. (The USC game may be a problem if it ends up on Sunday, but I am choosing to believe that the NFL and its players will work out their differences before this fall.)
ditto that. as the date gets closer, we will have to see if a CUF get-together will be practicable. i am always jealous when these coug-fans get together before big byu games and have bbq's or dinners are nice restaraunts. we need to one-up them. they are just an independent school, afterall, and we belong to the PAC12!
Comment