No announcement yet.

Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW, most guys on OB don't see the Boise deal as any sign as BYU not joining the Big 12.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      FWIW, most guys on OB don't see the Boise deal as any sign as BYU not joining the Big 12.
      DRAT!!!! Our strategy isn't working.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        DRAT!!!! Our strategy isn't working.
        THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS OF LEVERAGE AND CAPTAIN HOLMONI AS OUR CHIEF POKER PLAYER!!!!!
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS OF LEVERAGE AND CAPTAIN HOLMONI AS OUR CHIEF POKER PLAYER!!!!!
          I guess he does have pocket deuces.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            I guess he does have pocket deuces.
            i will personally put a huge deuce in his pocket if he messes up this opportunity.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              I agree. It's also good to latch on to a school like Boise during these uncertain times, what with their dominant wrestling program and all.
              :chatterbox::moon:

You've been waiting all night to use that haven't you.. Cute...

EDIT: I think most of this bitching is more about how BYU will fare against BSU.. For me it will be hard to chose who to root for..

Comment

• Interesting idea from CB:

BYU released the Boise deal today Because...
                In joining the Big XII They will get to keep all the pre-negotiated deals under their ESPN deal on ESPN and the revenue from these games. Once the contract was signed they would fall under the Big XII TV plan. So they had to hurry and release the Boise series right before the signed with the Big XII. Great Job Tom!!!!
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                  Interesting idea from CB:
                  That makes sense to me.
                  We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Something I don't get. If one joins a conference, doesn't the conference have first dibs to all your games, even the non-conference games? How can you make separate contracts for non-conference games?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I don't know if that's necessarily the case, but BYU definitely wins by getting the same visitor's share in Boise as Boise does for coming to Provo -- app. $225,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                        I don't know if that's necessarily the case, but BYU definitely wins by getting the same visitor's share in Boise as Boise does for coming to Provo -- app. $225,000.
                        That sounds like a horrible deal for Boise, if I'm reading that right.

Comment

You're reading it right. I was surprised as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                            BYU wins because they get to play on the MTN. again. They just couldn't fully walk away from it.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Boise really needs the series to boost their schedule.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                BYU wins because they get to play on the MTN. again. They just couldn't fully walk away from it.
                                I know you're joking but those games won't be on The Mtn. You can take that to the bank. CBS College or Versus is the obvious venue.

Comment

Working...
                                X