Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2956
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    And bump into CSers at Pike's Place!
    and non-members!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #2957
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      And bump into CSers at Pike's Place!
      Pike Place
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • Joe Public
        8.1 YPC
        • Apr 2011
        • 8531

        #2958
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Great news!
        I agree. This one is a September series, but I don't have a problem with that. The continued interest of Pac12 programs in scheduling series with BYU is a boon to the viability of football independence. The more BYU is on future Pac12 schedules, the less popular a "BYU isn't a quality opponent" kind of rule would be in that conference.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

        Comment

        • hostile
          lollygagger
          • Dec 2009
          • 5736

          #2959
          2019 is a good looking home schedule w/ BSU, Wisconsin, USC, and now UW.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

          "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

          Comment

          • Applejack
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 3813

            #2960
            Originally posted by hostile View Post
            2019 is a good looking home schedule w/ BSU, Wisconsin, USC, and now UW.
            I agree. Hopefully there will be a continuation of the Utah-BYU series (I already miss you guys this year) that year as well. If so, you'll be able to host 3 of the top teams in the Pac-12! Not too shabby.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #2961
              Did this have anything to do with C-Pete getting hired as the new coach? I believe he and Bronco are good friends. And of course Sark backed out of our last agreement.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #2962
                Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                I agree. Hopefully there will be a continuation of the Utah-BYU series (I already miss you guys this year) that year as well.
                We've moved on.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21143

                  #2963
                  Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  I agree. Hopefully there will be a continuation of the Utah-BYU series (I already miss you guys this year) that year as well. If so, you'll be able to host 3 of the top teams in the Pac-12! Not too shabby.
                  You really expect BSU to be in the Pac-12 by then?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #2964
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    We've moved on.
                    You don't mean that.

                    Comment

                    • Joe Public
                      8.1 YPC
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 8531

                      #2965


                      The athletic director was asked about the future of the Notre Dame-BYU series that called for six games to be played between the football independents when the Cougars announced their independence in 2010. Two have already been played — both in South Bend, Ind. The next matchup was supposed to be played in Provo.

                      Basically, Holmoe said the future of the series is in jeopardy. BYU officials have been fearing this would happen since 2012 when the Irish agreed to play five football games a year against ACC schools, beginning in 2014.

                      "The Notre Dame series is in question right now, because they changed everything. I get that. I am not … I think what happened when they had this opportunity to go and do this special arrangement with the ACC, it changed things," Holmoe said. "They weren’t going to go, ‘oh, we got this BYU series.’"


                      Not surprising, but still a bummer.
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                      "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #2966
                        Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        2019 is a good looking home schedule w/ BSU, Wisconsin, USC, and now UW.
                        If somehow they could schedule like that every year, BYU wouldn't have to join a big time conference.

                        Comment

                        • Flystripper
                          Degenerate Gambler
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14094

                          #2967
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          If somehow they could schedule like that every year, BYU wouldn't have to join a big time conference.
                          2 out of every ten years is amazing!! So awesome!
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

                          Comment

                          • San Juan Sun
                            Kicked to the curb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9214

                            #2968
                            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            2 out of every ten years is amazing!! So awesome!
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                            - Ty Cobb

                            Comment

                            • kccougar
                              9262
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7020

                              #2969
                              Look for BYU to play a football game in the near future outside of the USA.
                              Look for BYU to play a football game in the near future outside of the USA.


                              Sign me up for whatever the location is. Unless it's Canada.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                              Comment

                              • MarkGrace
                                Grooveshark dick tease
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 31546

                                #2970
                                Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                https://twitter.com/NewmanKnew/statu...42787132764160

                                Sign me up for whatever the location is. Unless it's Canada.
                                Vancouver would be great for me!

                                I'd also do a Montreal or Toronto trip, but I don't have interest in seeing anywhere else in Canada.
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                                Comment

                                Working...