No announcement yet.

The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL @ Uncle Ted for continuing to fall to that grifter's nonsense.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      LOL @ Uncle Ted for continuing to fall to that grifter's nonsense.
      I am just hoping that Utah's AD will respond to him. Here is a real sports insider... He name is even sports insider:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Compare to the special meeting of the board that was held three days before Colorado announced they were bolting from the Big 12 for the Pac:

https://go.boarddocs.com/co/cu/Board.nsf/files/9ERSAX711B11/$file/2010_06-08_s.pdf

Coach Prime is making big changes in Colorado.

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-15-2023, 06:11 AM.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Compare to the special meeting of the board that was held three days before Colorado announced they were bolting from the Big 12 for the Pac:

https://go.boarddocs.com/co/cu/Board.nsf/files/9ERSAX711B11/$file/2010_06-08_s.pdf

Coach Prime is making big changes in Colorado.

Ha, "to receive legal advice regarding a specific matter."
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The Big 12 may be going international...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I like that they're looking at this, but the best thing they could do is broadcasting the ref comms feed during instant replay. The XFL did it this season and I think it's really cool.

Comment

• Congrats, cougars!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  Congrats, cougars!

You had me until UNLV.

Comment

• Lol.

Swaim has exactly the same shtick as MHVer3. Nobody should believe a word he says.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Utah fan reaction to that tweet are pretty predictable:

1) You can't believe anything Dodd says (even though the CU AD's quote pretty much proves he is right)

2) Downplaying the potential loss of CU. Bad football, who cares, etc.

Comment

Utah fan reaction to that tweet are pretty predictable:

1) You can't believe anything Dodd says (even though the CU AD's quote pretty much proves he is right)

Whether it means or leads to something substantial or not, it's also a story on the cbs sports website now and not just a tweet.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...eaving-pac-12/

Comment

This one is pretty awesome. Is "lazy school" some kind of new insult for someone else?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

This one is pretty awesome. Is "lazy school" some kind of new insult for someone else?

That "we need to stay in the P12 to preserve our research funding" narrative is my absolute favorite. Zero connection to reality, but so many P12 fans have it as an article of faith.

Comment

Losing Colorado would be a huge hit to Utah since Colorado and Utah are the bridge to geographically bring USC/UCLA into the B1G…or so Utah fans have postulated. I guess with Colorado in the big12 it can now be Colorado and BYU to form that bridge
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X