The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lost Student
    BAND!
    • Nov 2008
    • 4324

    #17011
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This thread will either become the largest one of all time on Cuf, or stand as a silent rebuke and mockery of BYU fans' most fervent hopes and dreams.
    This post is going to need to be SUwished soon--looks like the former possibility is the winner. By my tally, here are the largest threads of all time on CUF/CS. Jazz thread, we're coming for you!

    "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread
    Replies: 18,126
    Views: 863,451

    The Big 12 expansion groundswell
    Replies: 17,007
    Views: 1,081,474

    The Final TWO: The Official Romney vs. Obama thread
    Replies: 8,844
    Views: 444,991

    The Call of Duty Thread
    Replies: 8,625
    Views: 335,519

    I learned in church today
    Replies: 7,246
    Views: 460,874

    Maybe SU is even more prophetic than he knows--what if the day on which this thread becomes the largest on CUF is the day that "BYU fans' most fervent hopes and dreams" become reality?
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

    Comment

    • BlueK
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 7192

      #17012
      Working in Plano, TX I'm starting to get encouraging comments from co-workers:

      A Texas fan: "Welcome to the fold!"
      An A&M fan: "Y'all totally should be P5"

      Comment

      • Lost Student
        BAND!
        • Nov 2008
        • 4324

        #17013
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Okay, I'll stick my neck out. If I had to wager I'd say that BYU will not go to the Big 12 (for a variety of reasons). But this isn't a strong feeling. We'll see if there are any tweets and what they say, and what if anything develops.

        As I've stated, my personal strong preference is BYU goes to the Big 12.
        This post will probably be deleted soon. I'm glad to see that SU has been rooting for us all along!
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #17014
          SU, how can you even suggest your preference is that BYU be included and cite all the reasons why they won't, not why they shouldn't, but won't? To me it's not a matter of mutual exclusivity either.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #17015
            lol. SU is nothing if not bold.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Bo Diddley
              Senior
              • Jul 2012
              • 18802

              #17016
              Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              This post is going to need to be SUwished soon--looks like the former possibility is the winner. By my tally, here are the largest threads of all time on CUF/CS. Jazz thread, we're coming for you!

              "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread
              Replies: 18,126
              Views: 863,451

              The Big 12 expansion groundswell
              Replies: 17,007
              Views: 1,081,474

              The Final TWO: The Official Romney vs. Obama thread
              Replies: 8,844
              Views: 444,991

              The Call of Duty Thread
              Replies: 8,625
              Views: 335,519

              I learned in church today
              Replies: 7,246
              Views: 460,874

              Maybe SU is even more prophetic than he knows--what if the day on which this thread becomes the largest on CUF is the day that "BYU fans' most fervent hopes and dreams" become reality?
              I saw that total the other day. Did anyone mark the passage into seven figures?

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #17017
                Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                This post is going to need to be SUwished soon--looks like the former possibility is the winner. By my tally, here are the largest threads of all time on CUF/CS. Jazz thread, we're coming for you!

                "You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread
                Replies: 18,126
                Views: 863,451

                The Big 12 expansion groundswell
                Replies: 17,007
                Views: 1,081,474

                The Final TWO: The Official Romney vs. Obama thread
                Replies: 8,844
                Views: 444,991

                The Call of Duty Thread
                Replies: 8,625
                Views: 335,519

                I learned in church today
                Replies: 7,246
                Views: 460,874

                Maybe SU is even more prophetic than he knows--what if the day on which this thread becomes the largest on CUF is the day that "BYU fans' most fervent hopes and dreams" become reality?

                Call of duty is 4? Come on people.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #17018
                  Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                  This post will probably be deleted soon. I'm glad to see that SU has been rooting for us all along!
                  I have reaffirmed and strengthened my opinion that BYU won't be invited.

                  Did you ever finish college? Haha.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #17019
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Did you ever finish college? Haha.

                    LOL, I know a guy who started a company. Hired thousands. These people have good incomes and health care. He has probably given away to charities $20 million.

                    He never finished college. What is your point. Surely you are not saying a college degree automatically makes ones opinion more valuable?

                    How did you ever talk everyone on here to calling you smart? Did you show them a report card with straight A's?

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37988

                      #17020
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Call of duty is 4? Come on people.
                      HEY! That's my only contribution to this board! Let's keep it where it belongs.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69718

                        #17021
                        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        LOL, I know a guy who started a company. Hired thousands. These people have good incomes and health care. He has probably given away to charities $20 million.

                        He never finished college. What is your point. Surely you are not saying a college degree automatically makes ones opinion more valuable?

                        How did you ever talk everyone on here to calling you smart? Did you show them a report card with straight A's?
                        You are hilarious today.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #17022
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          You are hilarious today.
                          Knock it off!!

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #17023
                            Texas is dumb. https://twitter.com/gregfenves/statu...22165591085056

                            Comment

                            • lambdacoug
                              Junior Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 3981

                              #17024
                              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              How did you ever talk everyone on here to calling you smart? Did you show them a report card with straight A's?
                              Since when did that mean anything?
                              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                              - Howard Aiken

                              Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                              Comment

                              • Nakoma
                                Junior Member
                                • Sep 2013
                                • 571

                                #17025
                                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                Stupid is as stupid does.

                                Comment

                                Working...