My ideal system would have your top qb prospects starting as RS SO's, if you get a top flight recruit they will want to have 3 years to play. Look at the top programs, they usually start their QBs as sophomores and let them develop as they know if they are that good they might leave after their junior year anyways.
2011 BYU recruiting........
Collapse
X
-
georgewhitfield George Whitfield Jr.
Tanner Mangum continues to define himself as one of America's best QBs. Red hot performances. Ice-cold nerves. Extremely talented! #Brady!1. Tanner Mangum – BYU commit
No one else had a performance that was in the same stratosphere as Mangum on Thursday. While many prospects were dragging, struggling with their reads and physically lethargic, Mangum stepped under center and immediately brought energy, confidence and excitement to the huddle. Following his 5-for-5 showing, Trent Dilfer remarked, “That might have been perfect. We may have just had our first perfect session.” Included in the session was a deep out route that was one of the best throws of the entire event. In fact, Mangum has been the arm behind arguably the three best throws throughout the entire week.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
Dilfer talking about the camp, mentions Mangum and shows some footage of him throwing.
So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
Taysom gets to BYU next January. He will likely RS Jake's JR year and then back up Heaps as a RS FR and then get his shot to start as a SO, unless Heaps goes pro early.Originally posted by woot View PostNear as I can tell, Heaps will be the guy through 2013, then Hill takes over for the next two years (or three if Heaps leaves early, but who knows how likely that is), then Mangum will have 3 years to lead the team. So, we're pretty well set at QB through 2018.
If Mangum doesn't go on a mission, he would still get 3 years post-Jake, assuming he redshirts in 2012, but would be competing against Hill in 2014 and 2015 before having the job to himself in 2016. I'm hoping Tanner goes on a mission. Hill doesn't seem to be as good of a thrower as either Heaps or Mangum, but it'd be fun to have a mobile QB for a couple years between the prodigies, and Hill is supposed to be pretty good with his feet.
I don't know if Taysom Hill will start at QB for BYU, but I am convinced he will start somewhere on the field for at least two years. I have visited with quite a few pretty clued in sports fans and while the competition he faced was lackluster, he was absolutely a man amongst boys in HS. The kid has the build and athletic ability that he could likely play RB, TE, Safety or OLB in college ball. Remember the weight his older brother, Jordan, put on during his mission. He left a MLB signee for BYU and then played as a DT at ASU.
I hope he starts at QB for 3 years post Jake Heaps and then Mangum will get the start for 2 years after Hill. The Sons of the 208!Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 07-21-2011, 07:41 PM.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
Cool first post. It's also untrue.Originally posted by byufan View PostFor anyone that might want to know, i'm friends with Troy Hinds on facebook, and recently he's been wearing a lot of byu apparel. Don't know if that means he's gonna commit to BYU, but it can't be a bad thing.
The only bit of college apparel that he is seen to be wearing on Facebook is a red Utah hoodie.
I consider that to be meaningless.
Comment
-
Not arguing.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostPeople are arguing about which team's apparel a kid is wearing on Facebook. We've hit a new low.
I'm saying this is this posters first post on CUF and he's obviously a troll or trying to stir the pot.
There is no argument. The facts are the facts.
His post is inaccurate.
Comment
-
So.... You are friends with Hinds on fb too?Originally posted by Portland Ute View PostNot arguing.
I'm saying this is this posters first post on CUF and he's obviously a troll or trying to stir the pot.
There is no argument. The facts are the facts.
His post is inaccurate.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
I am from Kaysville. I live in Kaysville. Kaysville is a small place. I also work in Young Mens.Originally posted by falafel View PostSo.... You are friends with Hinds on fb too?
Also, Troy Hinds' Facebook page is not set to private. Anyone can see it.Last edited by Portland Ute; 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM.
Comment
-
After running to stalk Troy Hinds facebook page, the only thing I have learned is that his page is indeed set to private.Originally posted by Portland Ute View PostI am from Kaysville. I live in Kaysville. Kaysville is a small place. I also work in Young Mens.
Also, Troy Hinds' Facebook page is not set to private. Anyone can see it.
Comment
-
Dilfer on Mangum:Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostDilfer talking about the camp, mentions Mangum and shows some footage of him throwing.
http://rise.espn.go.com/Football/Vid...3-0eb7d57bc1fb
File this under "Imagine if Bronco had said that?"He just brings this spirit to the field with him.
Comment
-
Mangum named MVP
The 2011 Elite 11 quarterbacks are, in no order:
Tanner Mangum -- MVP
Jameis Winston
Neal Burcham
Bart Houston
Jeff Lindquist
Chad Voytik
Zach Kline
Chad Kelley
Austin Applebee
Shane Dillon
Zeke Pike
Comment
Comment