Why is CB obsessed with Quezada?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #61
    Seattle Ute: Try as you might, downplaying this makes you look so foolish. Your coaches wanted this kid in the worst way. He obviously struck Kyle as a player he could mold into that under-the-radar type of athlete and it kills you to know that he's playing elsewhere, especially at BYU.

    Oh I know, before you even type it, "what an 18 year old kid does or doesn't do doesn't begin to affect me in any way". If only that were true, SU. If only that were true.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #62
      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      Seattle Ute: Try as you might, downplaying this makes you look so foolish. Your coaches wanted this kid in the worst way. He obviously struck Kyle as a player he could mold into that under-the-radar type of athlete and it kills you to know that he's playing elsewhere, especially at BYU.

      Oh I know, before you even type it, "what an 18 year old kid does or doesn't do doesn't begin to affect me in any way". If only that were true, SU. If only that were true.
      He's not a "big time recruit." That's all I'm saying. He wouldn't have been if Utah had gotten him. Apparently BYU fans are excited mainly because Utah wanted him.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #63
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        He's not a "big time recruit." That's all I'm saying. He wouldn't have been if Utah had gotten him. Apparently BYU fans are excited mainly because Utah wanted him.
        We locked up all our "big time recruits" months ago. This is pure gravy.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • SoonerCoug
          Joycelyn Elders Supporter
          • Nov 2008
          • 4680

          #64
          Only Mormons should have to cut their hair at BYU. I can't believe they're going to make him cut it.
          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

          http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #65
            Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
            Only Mormons should have to cut their hair at BYU. I can't believe they're going to make him cut it.
            He'll get it all back after the resurrection.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #66
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              He's not a "big time recruit." That's all I'm saying. He wouldn't have been if Utah had gotten him. Apparently BYU fans are excited mainly because Utah wanted him.
              Yep, I forgot that angle. Darn, I thought I'd closed all of your loopholes.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • frank ryan
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12386

                #67
                I was watching some clips of Quezeda and noticed his high school coach was Frank Mazzota. Mazzota's son was a cougars. He started the year following Dewey Gray's tenure. I wonder if that helped BYU at all.

                Comment

                • Blueintheface
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 15382

                  #68
                  Nice early buzz on this kid from Jay Drew.

                  "J.J. DiLuigi had a couple nice carries, but those who have watched practice every day said freshman Joshua Quezada is coming on strong -- already. It is going to be difficult to keep Quezada off the field if he keeps it up."
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                  "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                  Comment

                  • Hot Lunch
                    Out of Office
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7842

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                    Nice early buzz on this kid from Jay Drew.

                    "J.J. DiLuigi had a couple nice carries, but those who have watched practice every day said freshman Joshua Quezada is coming on strong -- already. It is going to be difficult to keep Quezada off the field if he keeps it up."
                    I saw practice on Friday and thought that Quezada looked pretty legit. I don't think J.J. will have a job come fall. Quezada is the future for BYU after Harvey graduates. I would also say he has better speed than Harvey does but doesn't have his size. He will really good.

                    I will probably go to practice this Friday as well.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #70
                      * As for Quezada, he’s just got a gear that some of the other candidates to line up alongside Harvey Unga just don’t have.
                      “If you took Harvey out of it, the rest of the [running backs] are potential ball-carriers. We are trying to make sure those reps are balanced like they are at quarterback,” Mendenhall said. “ It might seem like [Quezada] is getting more, because he has broken more runs, and our attention is turned to him more, which is a good thing for both he and Jake. “
                      Utah’s independent news source since 1871, The Salt Lake Tribune covers news, entertainment, sports and faith for Salt Lake City and the state of Utah.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • WashingtonCoug
                        Monsters like me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 1489

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        I saw practice on Friday and thought that Quezada looked pretty legit. I don't think J.J. will have a job come fall. Quezada is the future for BYU after Harvey graduates. I would also say he has better speed than Harvey does but doesn't have his size. He will really good.

                        I will probably go to practice this Friday as well.
                        Are all these practices open to the public or do you just have the good looks to get in?
                        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                        —Abraham Maslow

                        Comment

                        • Hot Lunch
                          Out of Office
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7842

                          #72
                          Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                          Are all these practices open to the public or do you just have the good looks to get in?
                          I just have the good looks to get it.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #73
                            Was it just me or did Quezada look like he'd put on a tremendous amount of weight in the past 4 months? I just went back and watched his high school highlights and a still-photo of him while getting his hair cut and the kid looks to have easily added 30 pounds of muscle. Am I seeing something that isn't there? I haven't heard it mentioned so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37997

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Was it just me or did Quezada look like he'd put on a tremendous amount of weight in the past 4 months? I just went back and watched his high school highlights and a still-photo of him while getting his hair cut and the kid looks to have easily added 30 pounds of muscle. Am I seeing something that isn't there? I haven't heard it mentioned so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
                              You're not the only one. His upper body looks particularly more built.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • jay santos
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 13652

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                Was it just me or did Quezada look like he'd put on a tremendous amount of weight in the past 4 months? I just went back and watched his high school highlights and a still-photo of him while getting his hair cut and the kid looks to have easily added 30 pounds of muscle. Am I seeing something that isn't there? I haven't heard it mentioned so maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
                                He looks like a man. Perfect size for a RB.

                                Comment

                                Working...