My instincts tell me

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #16
    Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    As a genius once said:
    The Utes have parades for 2nd place this is a huge deal for you guys!
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • byu71
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22070

      #17
      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      I see you in a Win-win here '71. If BYu wins, you get to be happy, if Utah wins, you will get to giggle at the writhings of the DOF's.
      You are so right, however the happiness I will feel if BYU wins is big time happiness and if Utah wins watching the "DOF" implode is just consolation prize happiness.

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #18
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Outside northern Utah this game is meaningless. No one will pay attention, believe it or not. What people remember about Utah/BYU since the turn of the millenium is 2004 and 2008. Do you remember who won the Neveda-UNLV game last year? I don't.
        You seem to forget that BYU has a following outside of Northern Utah even if Utah doesn't.

        Comment

        • ERCougar
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10978

          #19
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          The Utes have parades for 2nd place this is a huge deal for you guys!
          Hehehehe....

          I love watching the backtracking and repositioning going on. 3 weeks ago, it was Utah is the shiz. Then, "Ok...so we're not TCU but we're going to kill you guys". Now, "this game's meaningless", "wait till next year", "anything less than a blowout win for your program signals the death of it", etc.

          Good stuff.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

          Comment

          • Mormon Red Death
            BYU Delenda Est
            • Nov 2008
            • 8077

            #20
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            The Utes have parades for 2nd place this is a huge deal for you guys!
            You guys can only wish you could have a parade.
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

            "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #21
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              The Utes have parades for 2nd place this is a huge deal for you guys!
              We have parades for BCS Bowl Championships and finishing no. 1 in a majority of polls.

              You will never experience that.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #22
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I'm tracking you, brother. All I can say is that if I'm a BYU fan, and BYU doesn't win THIS year and win really really big, I'm crushed by despair. This year of all years, BYU should romp; BYU needs a statement game. It's fast losing credibility and goodwill to Utah; it's almost to a point where it's not in the top MWC tier, but sitting all alone on a second tier. If I'm a BYU fan I expect BYU to mercilessly pound Utah--this year of all years--or I'm thinking of running a hot bath and opening up my wrist veins, or starting a fire Bronco web site. And a BYU fan is not going to be satisfied with any cliffhanger of a win. This game really does belong to BYU. This is the year for BYU to embarrrass Utah.
                Masterful. Nobody does it like SU. Nobody.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #23
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  We have parades for BCS Bowl Championships and finishing no. 1 in a majority of polls.

                  You will never experience that.
                  You have parades for winning meaningless bowl games and finishing number 1 in zero polls that matter. Congrats!
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • dabrockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 10947

                    #24
                    I hope so because I got this guy who has been an ass the past few weeks. Dude cannot help himself by talking about sucky BYU and saying "Go UTES" even if we are talking about the BYU soccer player getting slammed.... Or I all I am doing is posting pictures from a game..


                    I will look forward to rubbing his nose in it so far that he can taste the piss and shit three weeks after the game...


                    Usually I am a calm guy but the guy is very obnoxious..

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #25
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      You have parades for winning meaningless bowl games and finishing number 1 in zero polls that matter. Congrats!
                      No. Your team has been losing meaningless bowl games.

                      Our team has been winning meaningful as well as some meaningless bowl games.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Color Me Badd Fan
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12519

                        #26
                        I know that most people seem to be joking in this thread, but there's no effing way that BYU will pound Utah. It hasn't done so since the last time that BYU was demonstrably better than Utah (1996).

                        Though I do think that BYU will win, it will almost certainly be by a touchdown or less. On one hand, BYU has a very balanced offense with a three year starter playing his second to last game. On the other hand that QB has a tendency to turn over the ball a lot in big games. I'm not worried about BYU's defense vs. Utah's offense, the one thing that this game will turn on is whether Hall turns over the ball like crazy. It's really this simple, if Hall limits the turnovers, BYU will win. Hall doesn't lose close games, he does however lose games big.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                        Comment

                        • Coastal Ute
                          Monkey Feelings
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 613

                          #27
                          I was listening to 1280 today and heard a Bronco quote that followed 48-24. He said something to the degree of, "we really should have won, and it's my fault that Max Hall looked like an inept Pop Warner quarterback." I chuckled.



                          I'm still trying to figure out exactly where all of this BYU confidence is coming from, really. What makes you think that this even has the slight possibility of being a blowout? What facts do you have to support this claim? BYU's secondary too quick for the likes of David Reed and Jereme Brooks?
                          Last edited by Coastal Ute; 11-23-2009, 11:58 AM.
                          "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

                          "Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                          -John Heisman

                          Comment

                          • FMCoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 6825

                            #28
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            I'm a BYU fan. BYU should romp. I expect BYU to mercilessly pound Utah. This game really does belong to BYU. This is the year for BYU to embarrrass Utah.
                            I knew it! I bet you're an active member too!
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                            Comment

                            • venkman
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2199

                              #29
                              Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                              Hehehehe....

                              I love watching the backtracking and repositioning going on. 3 weeks ago, it was Utah is the shiz. Then, "Ok...so we're not TCU but we're going to kill you guys". Now, "this game's meaningless", "wait till next year", "anything less than a blowout win for your program signals the death of it", etc.

                              Good stuff.
                              Haha, no kidding. Talk about sandbagging.
                              "Remember to double tap"

                              Comment

                              • cougjunkie
                                *Banned*
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 23223

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
                                I was listening to 1280 today and heard a Bronco quote that followed 48-24. He said something to the degree of, "we really should have won, and it's my fault that Max Hall looked like an inept Pop Warner quarterback." I chuckled.



                                I'm still trying to figure out exactly where all of this BYU confidence is coming from, really. What makes you think that this even has the slight possibility of being a blowout? What facts do you have to support this claim? BYU's secondary too quick for the likes of David Reed and Jereme Brooks?
                                Who is going to get David Reed and Jereme Brooks the ball? This Utah offense really lacks weapons for the first time I can remember. Reed is very good, Brooks is decent, after that you have zero threats at WR. BYU has been great at stopping the run all year so Wide does not scare me, and Wynn is no threat to run.

                                On the flip side BYU has 7 guys with at least 20 receptions (Utah has 2), they have weapons all over the field, Harvey was the lone bright spot against utah last year and they are not as good on defense so I expect another great game out of him.

                                All signs point to a BYU win.
                                *Banned*

                                Comment

                                Working...