MLB 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18039

    #61
    I have no skin in this game, but man there's been some good pitching.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18039

      #62
      Wow. That should be the game.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #63
        Go Giants. :-)
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • Northwestcoug
          Cocked and Loaded
          • May 2011
          • 18039

          #64
          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Ortiz went 0 for 5 today, 4 of those AB he left runners on base. The winning streak is done at 11 for the Sox.

          I'm hoping that the Sox haven't peaked too soon, and that Ortiz won't start a slump right in time for the playoffs
          Yeah, I think it's pretty clear they peaked too soon. I wished they would have just squeaked in the playoffs and saved their hits for later. The vaunted offense has been quiet for the whole series. And, Francona outmanaged Farrell. Good revenge on his old team.

          Oh well. Go Cubs.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

          Comment

          • Color Me Badd Fan
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 12519

            #65
            This Cubs-Giants game is great. Another pitcher breaks Bumgarner's streak with a homerun. The Giants take a lead in the 8th and then the Cubs hit another homerun in the 9th to tie.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 38003

              #66
              MLB 2016

              Helluva catch by Almora took send it to extra innings
              Last edited by falafel; 10-10-2016, 11:13 PM.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 38003

                #67
                Going to the 12th!
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 38003

                  #68
                  Hunter Pence is a homeless man.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 38003

                    #69
                    Cubs storm back from being down 5-2 to start the 9th to win 6-5 and take the series. Aroldis Chapman strikes out the side in the bottom of the ninth for the save.

                    No even year championship for the Giants this year.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #70
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Cubs storm back from being down 5-2 to start the 9th to win 6-5 and take the series. Aroldis Chapman strikes out the side in the bottom of the ninth for the save.

                      No even year championship for the Giants this year.
                      I dont want to talk about it
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • bluegoose
                        7th round draft pick
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4121

                        #71
                        Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        I dont want to talk about it
                        That bullpen is an embarrassment.

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 38003

                          #72
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          I dont want to talk about it
                          Were you at the game ape man?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • PaloAltoCougar
                            Semper infra dignitatem
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 16940

                            #73
                            Last night was a horrible but fitting end to the Giants' string of post-season successes (10-0 in elimination games, an MLB record). Walking batters in the ninth with a three-run lead? Surely there are criminal penalties for such misconduct. I just wish Bochy had put Casilla in after Romo. Those two, more than any others, are responsible for my sadness.

                            Still, I'm glad it was the Cubs that succeeded.

                            Comment

                            • Applejack
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 3813

                              #74
                              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Last night was a horrible but fitting end to the Giants' string of post-season successes (10-0 in elimination games, an MLB record). Walking batters in the ninth with a three-run lead? Surely there are criminal penalties for such misconduct. I just wish Bochy had put Casilla in after Romo. Those two, more than any others, are responsible for my sadness.

                              Still, I'm glad it was the Cubs that succeeded.
                              The entire bullpen deserves a F-. They were terrible since the All-Star break.

                              Comment

                              • cougjunkie
                                *Banned*
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 23223

                                #75
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Last night was a horrible but fitting end to the Giants' string of post-season successes (10-0 in elimination games, an MLB record). Walking batters in the ninth with a three-run lead? Surely there are criminal penalties for such misconduct. I just wish Bochy had put Casilla in after Romo. Those two, more than any others, are responsible for my sadness.

                                Still, I'm glad it was the Cubs that succeeded.
                                32 blown saves this season!

                                Bumgarner had 9 starts where he left the game in the 7th inning or later with a lead that the bullpen blew. 12 starts overall he left the game with a lead.

                                Romo and Casilla are atrocious.

                                I was screaming to ride Moore for one more inning, I don't care about his pitch count, he was about to get 7 days off and his last pitch in the 8th was 95 on the paint. You let him go and pull him first sign of trouble. On top of that Derek Law was the best reliever all year, he has a 3 run lead, and you pull him after one batter who reached on a seeing eye single through the shift? It didn't make any sense to me. Bochy for the first time in 6 years panicked.
                                *Banned*

                                Comment

                                Working...